What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Started on The Crown last night. Quite enjoying this, the cast are incredible and some of the biggest names from it haven't even shown their faces yet.

Soldato
Resident Alien - great!

F is for Family from the start - great, but depressing!

The Expanse - amazing and S5 just finished :(

Wandavision - great, just push past the first 2 episodes.

An American Horror Story - almost finished S2, first season Murder House, started out excellent, but by the end, was a bit crap. Much more enjoying the 2nd season, Asylum. I hope this doesn't go the same way :( Are the remaining seasons worth viewing?

I find Resident Alien a little too Syfy channel and cutesy for my liking. Like that terrible crap that was Eureka, this feels kind of the same. The characters are one dimensional and it just isn't funny at all.
I am however, really starting to get into The Expanse which seems to have a quite high production value if it has some terrible actors and the female president is a plank of wood.

Man of Honour
Maybe don't use that approach though... :D

Your logic is undeniable Andy, and I sincerely appreciate your well intentioned advice, but “brain damage” from me to her is a term of endearment, and she’s known and accepted that for years.
Just as for the last four or five years she has written Happy Valentine’s Day, followed by a rearrangement of bullock chops on the cards that she’s given me.
I take it that she calls me that because she’s so exasperated over still loving me, that it’s one way of letting me know that she loves me, but with a sting in the tail...;)

Soldato
I find Resident Alien a little too Syfy channel and cutesy for my liking. Like that terrible crap that was Eureka, this feels kind of the same. The characters are one dimensional and it just isn't funny at all.
I am however, really starting to get into The Expanse which seems to have a quite high production value if it has some terrible actors and the female president is a plank of wood.

Resident Alien is our family viewing, just a bit of fun and a bit dark too.

The Expanse female president - Avasarala? I can't recall what she was like at the start, but she is one of the best characters. Stick with her, a lot of stuff wouldn't happen without her no nonsense approach.

Soldato
An American Horror Story - almost finished S2, first season Murder House, started out excellent, but by the end, was a bit crap. Much more enjoying the 2nd season, Asylum. I hope this doesn't go the same way :( Are the remaining seasons worth viewing?

I thought the other series were good though not so much Apocalypse and Roanoke. I can't remember if I enjoyed Cult, it was quite a while ago that I saw it lol. The latest one, 1984 I enjoyed.
Have you watched Ratched? That has an AHS feel to it and I enjoyed it. It kept my interest throughout.

I've just started New Amsterdam recommended to me by my boss as I told him how much I love Grey's Anatomy :D

Have also been watching Friday night dinner when I want something quick to watch that doesn't require a lot of concentration. Quite funny in places though not every episode has me laughing a lot.

Soldato
Just started the fourth season of Vikings. Still marvellous TV and the battle scene choreography puts some movies to shame. However the downside is there are now more sub plots running than The Expanse, as the story skips between various parts of Scandinavia, England and France it gets hard to keep track. Then there's who's putting it to who this episode, new characters springing up you really need to devote 100% attention.

The scene where
Athelstan appears in a vision to Ragnor and Ecbert
brought a tear to my eye.

Caporegime
Iron Fist was better than it's reputation, I'd certainly watch it again over Jessica Jones or Luke Cage. The second season was pretty good, just the main guy is a bit bland.

Associate
Yeah it's started off good so far so ill stick at it. Need to find something to watch that's got more than 2/3 series to it or something with like 20 episodes to a series, everything seems to be over to quickly

Caporegime
Luke Cage started well but drops off severely, the middle of the first series is so padded out and the end is dire. I can barely remember the second series, it must have been very average.

Soldato
"The Mallorca Files" on iPlayer. Female English cop and male German cop work together to solve crimes in Mallorca. It's got a bit of the same, easy-going vibe as "Death in paradise" and, surprisingly, the German lead is hysterical.
My wife and I have only watched 2 episodes (of the first season) but it's amusing enough to keep us watching.

Soldato
Final episode of An American Horror story Asylum tonight. Dear God, this has been an emotional rollercoaster! Horrific, twisting and turning etc - i am praying the finale keeps up this standard.

Back
Top Bottom