Electric Toothbrush

Don
Does it use millions of ultrasonic carbon nanotubes, all oscillating at the perfect 20k frequency designed to attach to the precise quantum impedance of plaque molecules, using a sonic-fusion-plasma field to dislodge and atomise food particles?

I'm sure that's what the box says, anyhow :p

hehe, dunno, but I have one too and it's awesome, battery did tank it in the summer but they sent a new one out no questions asked, highly recommended

Full disclosure though, the bluetooth app is rather gimmicky

Soldato
I have a cheap oral B one that takes 2xaa rechargeable batteries, the batteries seem to last ages.

As I already have a rotation of aa rechargeables going on it works very well.

Last edited:
Soldato
My teeth have never felt cleaner since I've been using a Sonicare, although a specific head (W2) made a huge difference. Been using an Oral B Pro 2000N with the cross action heads for about 2 years and while it's better than a manual, I've never been happy with how my teeth feel with it.

Switched to a Sonicare Protective Clean 6100 (I think that's the model) and the difference is massive. My teeth feel like I've just come out of the dentist after a clean. Only thing is the stock head (Pro Results I think?) is rubbish, wasn't impressed with the Sonicare until I put a W2 head on it.

Seriously impressed with the Sonicare.

Soldato
unless the toothbrush body is broken your doing it wrong and pressing too hard ... the bristles are what wears out, never the mechanism, been using the same braun rechargeable for 20 years,
the heads always seem expensive, but last 3 months - from experience ebay is full of fakes, I'd even be suspicious of supplied amazon.

Electric tothbrushs are so effective - cant see how anyone lives without one - probably still need to teach children manual technique but after that electric is just fun.

Wow, how has your battery lasted 20 years?? Our last one lasted 1-2 years. We’ve just bought a new one.

Soldato
We upgraded our old oral B from 6/7 years ago to a twin pack of newer ones, and I thought they'd be exactly the same, but clearly the battery was knackered because the new ones are much better. Also got a fairywill water flosser that has made a huge difference for £27

Caporegime
We've been buying Oral-B £20 jobs for a while, but having to replace them every ~12 months as the battery holds charge for less time and they lose power.

I did try to replace a cell once but it was a bit of a faff.

I believe they're typically nickel metal hydride cells, but from a quick look last night, the newer / more expensive ones seem to use lithium ion cells, which is much better technology in terms of holding charge and durability.

Caporegime
It's just such a pain in the arse to keep them charged.

And I have no idea how people are getting them to last "20 years". The batteries normally aren't replaceable and your typical built-in rechargeable battery is designed to fail completely after a couple years.

You plug it in overnight, once a week. How is that a pain in the arse?

Soldato
*TIME FOR NEW OEM BRUSH HEADS*

after watching the c5 gadget show (they must get a back-hander) they advertised this company flogging recycleable brush heads - does anyone buy into this ?
https://www.livecoco.com/products/o...tric-toothbrush-replacement-heads-triple-pack

They seem no cheaper than new braun heads (I buy when 4for£12 js) , and my experience of 3rd party brush heads(some were fakes) is that they do not last as long, or provide as good cleaning; I binned the fakes I got since I was concerned with tooth damage.

✔ Each bristle is infused with Binchotan Charcoal which removes impurities
✔ Removes plaque, teeth stains & odour causing bacteria
✔ Binchotan charcoal also absorbs and removes chlorine from tap water
Long-lasting bristles :)
Vegan & Cruelty-free

I would like Oral-b to provide a way to environmentally dispose of the few I use, however. (like Britta / nespresso 'does')

Soldato
I'd never go back to a manual toothbrush now, it's just so much easier to brush my teeth well with an electric. I always rinse the head and body thoroughly after use to stop them gunking up though, seems likely that might be the issue with op's brush heads.
We've been buying Oral-B £20 jobs for a while, but having to replace them every ~12 months as the battery holds charge for less time and they lose power.

I did try to replace a cell once but it was a bit of a faff.

I believe they're typically nickel metal hydride cells, but from a quick look last night, the newer / more expensive ones seem to use lithium ion cells, which is much better technology in terms of holding charge and durability.
I've only ever had the cheap oral B ones too, but found I can get along alright by having two on the go at once so it's not a big deal that the batteries don't last long any more. Think one is 6 years old and one is 3 wars old, always keep one on charge and just swap them over every few days when one goes flat.

Soldato
If anyone is looking for a new electric toothbrush try these PomaBrush: Innovative Silicone Electric Toothbrush

seriously ?
my boomer requirement for a toothbrush is less a 2020 design award winner, more some dentist certification it actually works

assuming it is not a spoof product given some of the comments.

“I’ve put a lot of effort into making my entire bathroom look perfect and was looking for a toothbrush that would fit the interior. I was so excited when I found PomaBrush - its’ design is just magical - very stylish and minimalist”
Olga Fliatova
Board Director at HeadHunter Group
(NASDAQ: HHR)

MOSCOW, Dec. 01, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- HeadHunter Group PLC (Nasdaq: HHR, MOEX: HHRU) is pleased to announce the appointment of Olga Filatova as an independent non-executive director nominated by ELQ Investors VIII Limited, effective December 1, 2020. Ms. Filatova replaces Evgeny Zelensky as a member of the Board of Directors.
I'm wondering if this could be part of Putins black ops org.

Soldato
Aren't sonic toothbrushes proven to be ever-so-slightly better than rotary ones? That being said every expensive Philips brush I've had broke within a year due to water ingress. Which is a shame as I really liked the action and the cleaning power.

Thinking of a Curaprox Hydrosonic Pro now.

Interestingly dentists seem to hate electric toothbrushes.

Soldato
Aren't sonic toothbrushes proven to be ever-so-slightly better than rotary ones? That being said every expensive Philips brush I've had broke within a year due to water ingress. Which is a shame as I really liked the action and the cleaning power.

Thinking of a Curaprox Hydrosonic Pro now.

Interestingly dentists seem to hate electric toothbrushes.

Who saiys that, nearly every dentist I have spoken too all say to use electric. Manual doesnt even come close.

Back
Top Bottom