XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Soldato
can you get a combined PC / XBOX sub ?

I am patiently waiting for a new xbox, but could get some mileage out of gamepass on my gaming rig ??

I think if you get normal gamepass on Xbox and convert to ultimate it goes across both? Might be wrong though hopefully someone could clarify.

As in my gamepass I have box Xbox and pc tabs.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
I think ive left my auto recurring thing on. As gamepass is still working and says £10.99 is due. I can't find a way to cancel it, do I have to pay £10 for the month then turn off auto billing and then next month buy a new subscription?

B&W

B&W

Soldato
LOL think i messed it up. Bought 2 years xbox live gold, wouldn't let me add it as I had to pay £11 for month of ultimate (apparently recurring billing was on), so I paid for that.

Now if I try to add xbox live gold code, it says you get 4 months of ultimate. So I have chosen to turn off recurring billing. I will try adding it again next month.

Associate
I assume this offer has finished now. Never used this before, I've added a few years of gold to my account but only gives the option to pay £1 for 3 months of ultimate.

Edit: just took a chance and tried it.... 'Your subscription will end on 26/03/2024' :)

Last edited:
Associate
I assume this offer has finished now. Never used this before, I've added a few years of gold to my account but only gives the option to pay £1 for 3 months of ultimate.

Edit: just took a chance and tried it.... 'Your subscription will end on 26/03/2024' :)
So is this working still ?

Associate
So is this working still ?
Yep. There is no indication it will work until after you've finished the process of taking the £1 offer. All the way through it seems to indicate you will just get one month for £1 with an extra 2 months free. But once finished I ended up with 3 years and 2 months of ultimate gamepass for £1.

Associate
Its a amazing deal. Sons Xbox Live Gold ran out in October past. So after some research ordered 3 x 12 month Xbox Live Gold. Added them to his account (you can stack upto 3 years!) and then upgraded all 36months to Ultimate for £1. First monthly payment for Ultimate due in 3 years time. Bargain! And because if you specify the Xbox as your 'home' Xbox all users on said Xbox can share and download games from both the Ultimate (100+) and EA Play (88) libraries. So I rediscovering some old games and playing through some amazing newish games as well. Wife gets to watch he crap in peace and I get to game. Kid also gets access to Game Pass on his new Ryzen 3600XT, RTX 3060ti machine. Win Win Win.

So if it is available jump at it.

Associate
My lads on ultimate now, I pay it recurring, to do this offer would I have to cancel the recurring renewal, wait until the month runs out and then resubscribe? Will it work still if you have had ultimate before?

Caporegime
My lads on ultimate now, I pay it recurring, to do this offer would I have to cancel the recurring renewal, wait until the month runs out and then resubscribe? Will it work still if you have had ultimate before?

If you can't get the offer then £10 or whatever it costs to get 1 month of ultimate will still convert any Xbox Live Gold you bought. It's just £10 vs £1 at the end of the day.

Soldato
Asked in the PC channel but just for extra clarity/in case no one replies :D

Probably been asked a few times but just wanted to clarify a few things.

So is the route to do this;
1) Signup for an Xbox live account/sign in with a current account (never used Gamepass)
2) Buy 12, 24 or whatever amount of months of Xbox Live I want and redeem them against Xbox Live account.
3) Sign up for game pass, either the £1 or £10.99 option and then Once that deal is applied to my account, it gets converted to Game Pass Ultimate — and Game Pass Ultimate will be available until my subscription expires.

Essentially to get game pass ultimate its going to cost me 3 x 12mth membership + £1/10.99 (one off) to get it?

Once that is done, I can sign in on my xbox and get access to all the games, and then is it possible to 'share' game pass with the missus who plays on PC and she can play the PC games?

Soldato
Asked in the PC channel but just for extra clarity/in case no one replies :D

Probably been asked a few times but just wanted to clarify a few things.

So is the route to do this;
1) Signup for an Xbox live account/sign in with a current account (never used Gamepass)
2) Buy 12, 24 or whatever amount of months of Xbox Live I want and redeem them against Xbox Live account.
3) Sign up for game pass, either the £1 or £10.99 option and then Once that deal is applied to my account, it gets converted to Game Pass Ultimate — and Game Pass Ultimate will be available until my subscription expires.

Essentially to get game pass ultimate its going to cost me 3 x 12mth membership + £1/10.99 (one off) to get it?

Once that is done, I can sign in on my xbox and get access to all the games, and then is it possible to 'share' game pass with the missus who plays on PC and she can play the PC games?

Correct.

I was very unsure like yourself having only picked up an XBox a few days before New Years but essentially that's it.

I purchased 3x 12month codes from cdkeys for £29/30 each the Brazilian ones mind you. Then made sure I was logged into my Microsoft account closed my browser and reopened and used a VPN for Brazil and reloaded the redeem page and successfully redeemed each month. Just make sure not to sign up for automatic billing or whatever gives you the extra month as otherwise you won't be able to redeem all 3 as the max you can store is 36 months.

Then log out the VPN and go to the following address;

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/gold/upgrade

Then redeem and it should convert 12/24/36 months into equal amount of Gamepass Ultimate for £1/£10.99 and you'll have immediate access to all games.

Back
Top Bottom