• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I have 4 nzxt aer rgb fans and the case is the nzxt h510. My airflow is surprisingly good considering the case and the gpu and cpu temps are really good. Im using two 32 inch monitors ones Dispaly Port and ones HDMI. I have tried the other outputs on the GPU and they all give the same result. It truly is bizarre. My guess is that the drivers are not working properly or my cpu is bottlenecking so much my GPU performance is getting cut. However, I have done a DDU and have done a clean install of the drivers. Both of my monitors have their max refresh rate selected
hi another idea! have you tried seeing if your bios is upto date, if not try flashing.g the latest? I know I'm clutching at straws! just an idea :eek:
have you tried just running one monitor on display port maybe a conflict between dp and hdmi? this is just a guess I know my evga1080ti doesn't like hdmi as I have problems whenever I've tried to run hdmi, I'll get my coat...;)

Last edited:
Associate
For everyone worrying about there not being any eagles on this shipment, this shipment (as far as I am aware) has been stuck in customs for a few weeks, before they raised the prices, this gigabyte shipment shouldn’t be compared to anything now as it was sent before they changed prices, and if you have a look at the asus shipments since price increase, a lot more tufs have been sent out, I imagine the rest to follow suit after cny. I am currently 346 for eagle now, ordered 13 hours after launch, I have all of my watercooling tubes and blocks ready to go, yet I am not crying on about missing card. Everyone just has to be patient, and stop getting stressed for no reason. It is not good for your health.

Exactly this! ... Let's do the British thing of being absolutely great at waiting in line. We got this!

Ps. Unless anyone wants to cancel their order to get some movement on the queue then please do haha

Last edited:
Associate
I think even when I do get my card, 160 something to go, I'm going to be permanently ****** off with both AMD and Nvidia for years to come. I upgrade every 3-4 year or so... normally a big upgrade too 3k+ The one thing I was looking forward to in the hardest year of my life is ******. I had a baby, moved house, started a business a few months before covid and have lived in a state of constant depression and near as damn it alcoholism since. People's hobbies arn't trivial things, the things we do to distract ourselves from life keep us sane. This whole mess has been the cherry on top of a lot of other problems... when people just want a little financial security, to see families to support each other. Every possible coping mechanism that we have has been taken away from us.

So when I see a post about people whinging because they can't upgrade there pc or buy this that or the other, I feel you. You have a right to be angry. You're just looking for a little peace is a ****** world.

I feel for you, mostly on the baby front, it's hard! Our two are 14 and 11 now and it's easier of course. But, keepibg a 14 year old from seeing his friends for a year niw...not so good.

I flipped from a 3080 to a 3090 because paying £1750 was worth it to me, to avoid the wait. Now I have it heating our home during winter (when not used for gaming) by mining. Central heating is off! It's not going to generate enough to pay for itself this winter, but it closes the spend gap by £6 a day after electricuty costs,, so helps me further justify the extra spend.

I cannot mine in spring or summer though. That would be wasted energy since it would not be replacing central heating/gas burn.

I do recommend not getting too tied up jn the idea that it must be an Asus..

Associate
It used to be bulk buy bog roll, not anymore - it shows the shortage of GPUs is real :(

Chinese GPU miners are now bulk buying GeForce RTX 30 laptops to mine Ethereum

https://videocardz.com/newz/chinese...uying-geforce-rtx-30-laptops-to-mine-ethereum

We have heard many stories where miners in China are queuing up to NVIDIA board partner factories in hopes to buy graphics cards in bulk. Some AIBs agree to sell cards directly to them because those clients pay more (usually 1/3 more than any distributor) and they get limited or no warranty at all.

There were rumours about Nvidia selling direct to miners, that they strenuously denied, but if this is true about AIBs, it's disgraceful considering the time people have been waiting for cards.

Last edited:
Associate
It used to be bulk buy bog roll, not anymore - it shows the shortage of GPUs is real :(

https://videocardz.com/newz/chinese...uying-geforce-rtx-30-laptops-to-mine-ethereum

There were rumours about Nvidia selling direct to miners, that they strenuously denied, but if this is true it's disgraceful considering the time people have been waiting for cards.
big company like nvidia and amd dont care who buys the card as long they all have a good sale.i wouldnt be surprised if they directly sell big number to the miners.

Associate
big company like nvidia and amd dont care who buys the card as long they all have a good sale.i wouldnt be surprised if they directly sell big number to the miners.
This is AIBs though being accused which I think is even worse if true because the the big queues are all AIB cards.

BTW contact OC support via the forum for a key.

Associate
I'm in Ireland, I'm 4th in queue for a Ventus 3080 and supposedly 10 have arrived. I guess my card is assigned to me but not sent due to shipping issues, but can I get my coldest code?

Associate
I'm in Ireland, I'm 4th in queue for a Ventus 3080 and supposedly 10 have arrived. I guess my card is assigned to me but not sent due to shipping issues, but can I get my coldest code?

You can contact OCUK via web note to ask, though I doubt they'll provide it until the order is fulfilled, and from what I understand, you need the card physically installed to activate the code anyway?

Associate

No, the codes will only be sent if your card has shipped, they only have a limited number and they can't be used without an installed 3080/90 and they expire in a few days time, so they are saving them for people who can actually use them immediately.

Associate
No, the codes will only be sent if your card has shipped, they only have a limited number and they can't be used without an installed 3080/90 and they expire in a few days time, so they are saving them for people who can actually use them immediately.

I wonder who pays who for those promotions. Nvidia have gained basically nothing from the promotions for the 3080 release and if the game publishers hoped to increase word of mouth about their games then seems weird to set an expiry date rather than just a limited number of keys for the promotion. Shame I'll be missing out either way. I'm hoping they might extend the Geforce Now promotion, since it seems like a bit of a nobrainer for Nvidia.

Associate
I wonder who pays who for those promotions. ...

....seems weird to set an expiry date rather than just a limited number of keys for the promotion.

It varies, but usually there will be both a limit on the number of keys and an agreed period for the promotion.

It allows Nvidia, the AIB and the publisher to coordinate marketing campaigns around the promotion.

Depending on the title, the developer will often not charge at all for the keys, as the combined promotional activity is good for the brand.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia have another promotion, but that may depend on another developer being willing to support it as it is not exactly delivering great press by now...

Soldato

There were rumours about Nvidia selling direct to miners, that they strenuously denied, but if this is true it's disgraceful considering the time people have been waiting for cards.

I dont think nvidia are, but I think the partners might be, I have never seen a picture of a rack of founder cards, always partner. It would also explain why the FE cards are easier to buy at the moment.

Associate
can somebody please explain what is going on with the msi shipment that was meant to arrive last week?
are there normally week delays or something. I really don't know what is going on

Back
Top Bottom