Burns suck :(

Soldato
EDIT: On a related note when I was at school one kid in D&T was being bullied by another he eventually snapped, held the other kid down and held a soldering iron vertically to the top of his lip just below the nose - did a lot of damage - I just remember the teacher was practically in shock and not sure how to react.

And I bet the kid being bullied was the one who got in trouble :(

I know this from when I burnt myself multiple times as a welder. If you think an oven is hot, try picking up a piece of metal you've literally just welded. Steel melts at 1000deg C.

Hah, can sort of relate; doing some blacksmithing, bending a bar of steel around a form to make a loop, and my thumb made contact with the inside of the loop, nice hot steel at ~800c. Ouch!

Also got a lovely scar on my leg from lighting a BBQ with a chimney starter, after I'd poured out the coals, I put the starter down next to the BBQ (a little too close), then forgot it was there, started prepping the BBQ, and rested my leg against it. **** me that was painful!

Man of Honour
And I bet the kid being bullied was the one who got in trouble

Can't remember what happened now - I was friends with him for a bit later on but after leaving school he changed his name (or at least how he wanted people to address him) to something crazy and last I heard was in a mental health place.

Unfortunately not the only instance with people I was friend with at school https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/official-prisoner-eb6712-is-now-obi-wan-286490

Hopefully the commonality isn't me.

Associate
Burnt my hand on a soddin cast iron pan yesterday,off to amazon to order handle covers :(
Wife put a gel pack sponge on with a bandage worked great not even in pain today and no blisters.

Man of Honour
and that they've been burned much worse (Treefrog) but this hurts!

I still have those photos.
It happened two miles from me and he turned the whole of Trenthams power off.
I have no idea how he survived, how he got over the fence and how he crawled the distance to the traffic lights where he was found.
He must have turned into a super hero with electric powers.

Man of Honour
Might have got away without a blister. Mrs. Feek has some magic cream which she uses for burns and it's supposed to stop blisters forming.

"magic cream" makes her sound like an mage/alchemist. Using a poultice of healing afterwards is OK, but you should have taken a potion of fire resistance beforehand.

I've been playing a lot of RPGs during lockdown. Does it show? :)

Soldato
I still have those photos.
It happened two miles from me and he turned the whole of Trenthams power off.
I have no idea how he survived, how he got over the fence and how he crawled the distance to the traffic lights where he was found.
He must have turned into a super hero with electric powers.

What happened?

A couple of months ago I decided to heat up a tin of cream of chicken soup, I picked the pan up to pour it out and the handle decided to fall off. I was wandering around in my underpants at the time, so I managed to splatter half of the boiling pan over my bare stomach, the stuff glued to me like napalm and I spent the next couple of minutes shouting loudly and doing my best to scrape it off. It blistered up and wept for a couple of weeks afterwards, I went through a tub of Sudocrem over the course of a month before it really started healing up. There's evident scarring even now and I suspect it'll be permanent, honestly if not for the current situation with Covid I'd have gone to the hospital.

Hurt like hell initially but funnily enough there wasn't any pain after I cleaned up, just discomfort and a lot of itching once it began healing.

Get some bio oil its really good for scars

My little story of my best burn

Many years ago picked the gf and some of her work mates up from town after a night out. Agreed to drop them all round town, driving one of them home went round a roundabout and some *person* had placed a roadcone in the middle of the road on the exit. I almost manged to miss it but managed to run over it and lodge it just under the front bumper, front wheel had semi squashed it enough for it to go further under the engine but then get stuck
trying to pull it out I managed to touch the manifold with the squishy bit just after the thumb. For about 10 years it was a different colour to the rest of my hand, luckily my ape fur hair grew back but was singed off for a month or so

Back
Top Bottom