• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Chinese new years can't pass quick enough, struggling to even find motivation using my machine with the GTX 970 still in use.

Associate
Well ladies and gentlemen, it was a wild ride but after ordering my ASUS RTX 3080 ROG Strix Gaming OC inside the first hour of preorders I finally got the message I've been waiting for 5 months later :cool:;):):D:

Your Order has been packed and is in the process of being shipped.
IMPORTANT: Please note that any orders shipped after 7pm on a weekday by our night team will not be collected by DPD until the following day.
----------------------------------------------------------
Goods Shipped:
x 1 - Asus GeForce RTX 3080 ROG Strix Gaming OC 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card
----------------------------------------------------------
Goods Shipped By: DPD Next Day 10:30 (Mon-Fri).

A word or two of thanks:
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank @Gibbo and @ScottiB and all the guys @ OCUK for all their patience and their efforts.

And also thanks to all the people on this thread for helping pass the time and for shooting the breeze, and for mostly listening and mostly being reasonable.

For those further down the queue still waiting:
Please be patient with the OCUK crew. The waiting situation is not their fault.

It has been clear from the first week that there was a massive balls up in the planning and preparation of the NVIDIA GPU team and associated AIB partners about the likely supply and demand for a card series (30series) that was significantly better quality and value for money than the previous iteration of cards. It is also clear from my following of the media comms of those AIB and Chip manufacturing companies, that they had openly promised retailers (OCUK etc) that they would be able to meet demand and that retailers wouldn't need to worry about stocks of cards. ASUS openly promised on Twitter more than once that there would be enough RTX 30Series cards of all types manufactured to meet demand and that demand would be met and kept up with by November. If you have any rage issues, dump it on NVIDIA and the AIBs.

Hopefully I won't need another card for three or so years. I will pop back to see how its going for others.
So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Associate
To be fair, I only quoted you for the bot part, because you can actually save yourself a couple of quid buying a 6900xt from a scalper on ebay now. Let that sink in.
Potential issues down the line with warranty even if purchased new but it doesn't seem to put off some or the miners buying direct from the AIBs getting little or no warranty.

Of course I can leave whenever I want, as a matter of fact I did leave a 3080 que few weeks ago as managed to get a 6800xt from competitor for MSRP, but I do feel the need to say something when I see people potentially being robbed blind.
People don't have to stay in the queue or buy at inflated prices. Ultimately, it comes down to personal choice. There's no arm twisting......

Associate
I dont think nvidia are, but I think the partners might be, I have never seen a picture of a rack of founder cards, always partner. It would also explain why the FE cards are easier to buy at the moment.
Agree about Nvidia who probably keep a very tight rein on their card manufacturer.
Wouldn't surprise me if some AIBs are doing this because the mining farms don't seem to have any trouble populating their machines. I hope it's made public which AIBs are doing it.

Associate
Well ladies and gentlemen, it was a wild ride but after ordering my ASUS RTX 3080 ROG Strix Gaming OC inside the first hour of preorders I finally got the message I've been waiting for 5 months later :cool:;):):D:

Do you mind me asking what your queue position was? NVM on the first part, screen hadn't refreshed and didn't see that you'd already replied!

Congrats on getting your long-awaited card!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Associate
Well ladies and gentlemen, it was a wild ride but after ordering my ASUS RTX 3080 ROG Strix Gaming OC inside the first hour of preorders I finally got the message I've been waiting for 5 months later :cool:;):):D
if i'm right they where supposedly arriving at OCuk on the 26th and 12 days later they arrived.
by that logic it means the 3080 Ventus that was expected on the 1st will arrive on the 13th

Associate
Anyone know what the backlog for preorders is like in general? I know a certain competitor is close to having cleared all backlogs except for cards like the Ventus (the one I ordered :mad:).

Back
Top Bottom