Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Associate
Slightly different but my C63 has 235 & 255 PS4 tyres and I’ve had to drive in snow a couple of times this winter. It’s been no different to any other RWD car, light throttle application, drive a bit slower and maintain good distance to all traffic. I’ve found the traction control to be excellent too, quite restrictive and won’t let you spin the wheels up.

Soldato
Had to drive back in the snow yesterday after work at midnight - it's was absolutely horrendous. I don't think I took a breath or blinked for half an hour. Every incline had to be planned 0.5 mile in advance to make sure I had enough speed/momentum, but not so much speed that I put it in a ditch. Had that heart stopping feeling of the back end stepping out every 30 seconds or so. Even changing gear caused the car to want to go sideways - in the end, I just left it in 3rd.

It's such a horrible feeling knowing that all you have to do is make one wrong move and you're in a ditch, or you don't carry enough momentum up the next hill and you'll stop in the middle of the road and either slide backwards hitting kerbs/trees or you'll be cannon fodder for the next person that comes around the bend.

The C63 is absolutely not a snow friendly car

Soldato
The C63 is absolutely not a snow friendly car

:(

This was my experience years ago with my E36 M3 Evo, followed by my E39 M5 and finally my Alpina D3 BT. At least 2 weeks of the year I had to either get the bus into town or white-knuckle it as you describe. If I could even get off my drive first.

It was after that I went 4wd, things were fine then on.

Edit this was long before winter tyres became a thing in the UK.

Soldato
Mercedes just phoned. It's a crank position sensor failure (or something) that made a load of oil pee out onto a wiring loom. They need to order the loom from DE. Looks like I'll be without the car for a while :(

Just picked the car up after almost 2 weeks at the garage.

a few other sensors replaced

On the way home the car said “cannot read oil level”. Anyone had this?

Man of Honour
ah ok so quite a bit later than I am looking at

wife's 2015 SLK has it and its a great gearbox

any thoughts on this ?

2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 220 D Amg Line £16,989 (powerlease.co.uk)

Just after a work car (will get something else for fun) not overly worried re performance, just want something easy to live with, comfortable drive and won't cost a fortune to run

The saloon and coupe's might be different.

I've just looked into it a bit more and it seems they got it earlier than I thought. Most of the 2016 C Coupe's seem to have it, but saloons don't seem to get it until mid 2017-2018, assuming the Mercedes Approved Used site is correct (it should be).

That one you linked is likely the 9 speed (shouldn't be hard to find out). As for the car, the C Class (saloon and coupe) are decent cars, they look better inside with the upgraded screen (without those massive plastic bezels).

Don

I've just looked into it a bit more and it seems they got it earlier than I thought. Most of the 2016 C Coupe's seem to have it, but saloons don't seem to get it until mid 2017-2018, assuming the Mercedes Approved Used site is correct (it should be).

That one you linked is likely the 9 speed (shouldn't be hard to find out). As for the car, the C Class (saloon and coupe) are decent cars, they look better inside with the upgraded screen (without those massive plastic bezels).
Thanks

The same dealer has one with the upgraded interior, it's a year newer but 3 grand more, I'm doing a lot of house refits, just bought the wife a SLK and need to get my fun car so that would be more than I want to spend

Don

turns out it is 9 speed, any idea on satnav, it's not listed so assume it doesn't have it, would it likely be one of those where you just need to buy the module?

Man of Honour
turns out it is 9 speed, any idea on satnav, it's not listed so assume it doesn't have it, would it likely be one of those where you just need to buy the module?

It’ll likely have nav, just a poor Garmin version, but it does the job. I think it runs off an SD card.

Soldato
It’ll likely have nav, just a poor Garmin version, but it does the job. I think it runs off an SD card.

I'm not so sure, if it's not listed i've found it's not fitted when i looked.

Does it have Apple Carplay? I tended to find that the ones specced with that didn't have satnav as presumably people just used google maps.

EDIT - Looking at the link it says it has the Garmin nav in the spec list.

Associate
I'm pretty sure that SatNav is part of the basic spec for those. It's basic, but fine. One of the images you linked to also shows "Navi" on the screen in the top left corner. It is SD card based though so make sure they've got that (dealers often remove it so it doesn't get nicked during a demo)

Don
I'm pretty sure that SatNav is part of the basic spec for those. It's basic, but fine. One of the images you linked to also shows "Navi" on the screen in the top left corner. It is SD card based though so make sure they've got that (dealers often remove it so it doesn't get nicked during a demo)

The SLK we have has the Navi on the screen but if you select it says its not installed

hopefully you are right and it is part of it

Back
Top Bottom