*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
Very little in the endings, other than a degree of standing you have developed with Johnny, connects with what you've done in the rest of the game. One of the things which lets it down significantly given the genre.

They've obviously had a bunch of parts designed for another vision of the game and had to glue them together as best possible to get a, not the, game out the door.

I agree that's the reason why the game is so often disconnected in terms of the results of choices. Where your choices have any effect, it's usually limited to 1 person or 1 location. I also think it's the reason why there are relatively few choices in the game.

Either that or the whole game design process was so incompetently done that different people were working wholly independently on different parts of stories without any overall plan, so it was always going to be a matter of disconnected parts. But I think that's less likely.

Which is why I don't think we'll ever see the game it was hyped to be as they'll basically have to take it apart again and make another game. IMO it'll just be bug fixes and a bit of extra DLC while things like the lacking crafting mechanics, etc. remain largely as is.

I think they might also fix some balance issues and they might also make the UI less rubbish, but nothing more. I think they might have a go at making the game they claimed to have made (and apparently intended to make) next time, in the sequel. As you say, to make the game it was hyped to be they'd have to essentially make another game. So it would probably be a better approach to make another game rather than spend the time remaking this one.

Soldato
Either that or the whole game design process was so incompetently done that different people were working wholly independently on different parts of stories without any overall plan, so it was always going to be a matter of disconnected parts. But I think that's less likely.

I'm not so sure. They've already said that they were working on the game 'storyline' development at the same time as the game engine was being developed. It sounds exactly like they've had separate teams developing 100 different parts of the game at the same time, expecting to be able to meld them all together successfully in a couple of months. That plan came BADLY unstuck, and gave us the "3 lifeplan montage" video, rather than being able to play through that intro with Jackie, as I suspect was originally intended.

I think they might also fix some balance issues and they might also make the UI less rubbish, but nothing more. I think they might have a go at making the game they claimed to have made (and apparently intended to make) next time, in the sequel. As you say, to make the game it was hyped to be they'd have to essentially make another game. So it would probably be a better approach to make another game rather than spend the time remaking this one.

Very likely. And seeing as how it was clearly the financial decision makers who pushed the game out before it was finished, those same financial managers will never give the devs sufficient development time to add in everything which is missing, or everything which was promised.

Or even a viable police / crime system. :(

Murder someone in the street? Instant death penalty from NCPD, yeah OK I can live with that. Minor criminal damage? Instant death penalty....[/QUOTE]

Soldato
I was so excited for this game, I've enjoyed lots of missions and it's been good but you can tell it's unfinished.

I love the missions and the story but it feels like half the game is missing which is such a shame.

I really hope they can add everything that's missing but I don't know if this will ever happen because as far as I know they haven't come out and said "oh don't worry, we will fix it, add everything back in, including AI"

The main issue for me is the fact that the game has no AI or physics like GTA5.

I can't beat up or run over citizens with my car. I can't get chased by cops in cars, it's like the code just isn't there.

If they add the code for AI and physics and make the cops and NPC's as good as GTA5 then I would consider that a complete turn around and they would have redeemed themselves in my eyes. But without basics physics like ragdoll for collision and AI police and NPC's that I can fight it just feels like am empty world.

I'll no doubt continue and play the main story right through to completion but unless they add the rest of the missing content there will be nothing to go back to.

I do really want to love the game, I've always been an optimistic person but I'm just not sure anymore.

Man of Honour
You can get chased by cops in cars but it is fairly rare and often doesn't work properly including the cop car just randomly despawning, etc.

Soldato
You can get chased by cops in cars but it is fairly rare and often doesn't work properly including the cop car just randomly despawning, etc.

You know what I mean though, like GTA5. I want it just like that. Should be easy enough for these expert coders to do.

Or why else make a big city with all those streets and cars if I can't run over people and get chased by cops.

I get chased in Read Dead 2 and in GTA5 and they're both older games, this game should have this stuff as a standard.

Soldato
Indeed, they had the intro with the whole lean out the window to fire and shoot at stuff, and its used twice more in the entire game, and then shelved, i assume as it didn't work well, thus they made the player do the driving in many different missions, or ride alongs where they had to get the NPC to drive as the player couldn't drive and have an NPC riding shotgun.

Soldato
Indeed, they had the intro with the whole lean out the window to fire and shoot at stuff, and its used twice more in the entire game, and then shelved, i assume as it didn't work well, thus they made the player do the driving in many different missions, or ride alongs where they had to get the NPC to drive as the player couldn't drive and have an NPC riding shotgun.

I just recently played through the intro again (Nomad), and the bit where you get intercepted after the border feels very incomplete - When you go tearing off into the warehouses, there are barely any sounds that come from the car - it’s like it’s missing sounds in that scene.

Considering that’s only like 10 mins into the game, that is pretty poor.

Soldato
If they'd only used The Witcher 3 as a template, this game would have been infinity better. 3rd person RPG, branching story in which your decisions actually matter, cyberpunk setting; sorted.

Man of Honour
If they'd only used The Witcher 3 as a template, this game would have been infinity better. 3rd person RPG, branching story in which your decisions actually matter, cyberpunk setting; sorted.

I'm genuinely curious why anyone likes 3rd person view. I know it's popular, but I don't know why. Your view of the gameworld is obstructed by your character, the viewing angle is constantly changing and rarely right, sometimes you can't see anything at all because the viewing position is from inside a building, hill or whatever. On the plus side...what? It would have to be a massive benefit to offset the drawbacks. You can see what your character is wearing. Nowhere near enough of a benefit.

The only time I want 3rd person is for drifting in a car game, for driving when the 1st person and/or driving is very badly implemented (Cyberpunk 2077, for example) and isometric 3D games (where it's a required part of the game).

Man of Honour
3rd person can kind of work - The Division generally feels like a first person game despite being 3rd person but I don't get the appeal for 3rd person as a preference over 1st person in these kind of games - though I don't have a problem with it being an option either.

Man of Honour
3rd person can kind of work - The Division generally feels like a first person game despite being 3rd person but I don't get the appeal for 3rd person as a preference over 1st person in these kind of games - though I don't have a problem with it being an option either.

An option, sure, but many games of this type are 3rd person only, 3rd person is now seen as the default and 3rd person seems to be widely preferred. I am genuinely curious why. I see multiple serious disadvantages compared with 1st person and the only advantage I can see is being able to see what your character is wearing. Which is tangentially relevant to Cyberpunk 2077 as it sometimes takes your character's clothes off, but is a very small advantage. Is it just that many people nowadays are so geared towards fashion that they consider being able to constantly check what their character is wearing more important than gameplay? Is it just a matter of what people are used to, so with 3rd person being so widely forced on players nowadays younger players are used to it? Years ago I used to play driving games in 3rd person and 1st person initially seemed odd and much harder to me, so I could understand that to some extent.

Caporegime
they are basically a cut scene mission, you can't blow up the cars until certain checkpoints.....

Caporegime
Thank goodness they didn't......

Witcher 3 and its 15 minutes of pointless waffle every time you encounter a NPC bored me to tears.

Soldato
So this game is basically the biggest disappointment of the last few years. What a shame.
Unfortunately there's no getting around that. There are moments are greatness particularly with the story and some side missions but even then its not a must play.

I think the problem people are running into now is that they came out and said they will 'fix it' but the CDPR perception of fixing is just getting rid of basic bugs, whereas the public basically want them to redo the entire game. Lol

Guess we will have to wait for the next Deus Ex to do half of this stuff properly.

Last edited:
Soldato
There are moment when the game is great, but I feel sorry for anyone who upgraded their rigs just for this.

Agree entirely, i enjoyed the game, i played through, did virtually all side quests, but i was happy using a 580 and 3600ryzen at 1440p, I am sure I missed some of the beauty, but as for gameplay, it played as well as it could.
I loved the original Deus Ex, but although owning the most recent one, i had not played it, after finished CP2077, i fired it up and within a few minutes on the very first mission it was abundantly clear that the Ai for bad guys was significantly better in the 4 year old title. So contrasting in ways.
Issue with CP is there is no reason to brig you back to play it.

Back
Top Bottom