• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Soldato
I saw the article on the news earlier this evening, apparently bitcoin hit $44,800! as if that wasn't enough to make the miners go into overdrive to get more and more gpus, we're all doomed, I tells ya!

Associate
For those that are still looking for a 3080, I just managed to get an Asus TUF 3080 from a well known High street retailer, not sure if I can mention the name, but it's a famous food from India, and you need to go to their business store in order to get it.

It's easy to create an account too, from the stock info they have, they should have 5 left!

Associate
For those that are still looking for a 3080, I just managed to get an Asus TUF 3080 from a well known High street retailer, not sure if I can mention the name, but it's a famous food from India, and you need to go to their business store in order to get it.

It's easy to create an account too, from the stock info they have, they should have 5 left!
Judging by what other people have said online, I wouldn't get your hopes up. Their site is borked when it comes to stock, says they have it when they dont etc.

Permabanned

maybe you will get lucky but there are hundreds of people(discord channels and forums) waiting for refunds from there for non-existing stock advertised as available one.

Soldato
The takeaway business store, you lose any consumer rights as is b2b and they reserve the right to refuse your order, just be aware, but the stock could be legit as they dont share same stock pool as consumer.

Soldato
The takeaway business store, you lose any consumer rights as is b2b and they reserve the right to refuse your order, just be aware, but the stock could be legit as they don't share same stock pool as consumer.

Pretty sure that even though it's a B2B site you don't lose your consumer rights as you are still a consumer, it's down to them to reject the order if they don't want to sell to a consumer. It's a bit like selling a car as a trade sale, if you aren't a trader your rights still apply.

They are pretty terrible when it comes to your consumer rights anyway as after 30 days they try to force you to deal with the manufacturer direct even though it's still their responsibility to resolve issues. Had this at the weekend with a faulty monitor, they refunded eventually as I know the consumer rights act like the back of my hand but it got as far as me arguing with their store manager & refusing to leave the counter without a resolution.

Associate
If you go B2B, you do not have the 14 day guarantee, the guarantee is only if you did not open the box, then you are able to return it.

For faulty items after 30 days you have to deal with the manufacturer, it is written in ToS, for "normal" purchases they are still responsible for up to a year, that is pretty much the difference.

Soldato
If you go B2B, you do not have the 14 day guarantee, the guarantee is only if you did not open the box, then you are able to return it.

For faulty items after 30 days you have to deal with the manufacturer, it is written in ToS, for "normal" purchases they are still responsible for up to a year, that is pretty much the difference.

Yeah, looks like they make you register as a business user before you can check out so you are right. On that basis I wouldn't touch the site.

Associate
I had been looking for a 3080fe for a while, not even thought about the 3090fe because of the price but the stock situation has been crazy.
I've been getting alert after alert on the discord/twitter channels and every now and then the Founders edition becomes available, and gone in seconds!

So looking at the second hand market I stood to get over £100 above the value of my 1080ti from a few weeks ago, so it was this, the fact that the 3080FE was like gold dust, the hot topics about vram on the 3080 cards and the opportunity to get the 3090 Founders Edition at MSRP just made my mind up. Yes it's a crazy price but this thing is just awesome and I'm very pleased with this card.

Agreed! The 3090 doesn’t at all represent value for money in comparison to a 3080 although it does in relation to a 2080ti. I didn’t set out to get a 3090 and missed the boat with the queues for the 3000 series entirely. I decided to snag a 3090FE at msrp in November and I’m glad I did. The extra money was worth it for peace of mind in that I’ve been happily gaming since and no longer have to jump at Discord alerts.

This build as a whole comprised of numerous hard to source parts and it’s good to be able to draw a line under it for some time. Oddly enough, it was my wife who told me to just get the 3090 as I think she was getting sick of the stock checking as well. I don’t envy those still looking but if you are able to grab another drop of the FE cards then I believe it was worth it for me and I don’t have buyers remorse. Completely appreciate those unable to get past the value for money in relation to the 3080 though.

Soldato
OP
I've disabled all my alerts now....going to just wait. 4 months since launch and still not a sniff of a 3080. May as well wait for the Ti.

Yep, good call. The alerts just make you jumpy and agitated. Time to let it die down for a while and relax. The world is stressful enough without alerts making you even more jumpy. Get cracking on the old steam retro games you've got as freebies, but never played, or even installed :D

Associate
was wanting a 3080, but picked up a 6800xt instead, as I water cool, needed a block and taking a gamble on waiting for the right 3080 or take the 6800xt and that I knew had a block available, although customs should be fun

Back
Top Bottom