NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
Only the vented side panel.

Are others able to fit the U12S with the vented panel without it touching the panel at all? During my test fit, my U12S heat pipes just barely touched my side panel dust filter.

The panel doesn't bulge and closes fine, but I'm not sure I want my heat pipes touching that plastic(rubber?) magnetic dust filter on the side panel. Not sure if it wouldn't touch at all if I just left that dust filter off?

Soldato
Put it this way, if the heat pipe is getting hot enough to start melting stuff, it really is the least of your worries :)

While it's called a heat pipe, the very end of it shouldn't be getting very hot at all, even under load.

Associate
Ha, okay. Good to know. Still debating between the U12S equipped with (x2) Kaze Flex fans or a FUMA2 overall. Probably can't go wrong with either.

Associate
So a lot of things changed, air cooling now and sold my 5950x for a 5600x. Shame i cant squeeze my other BQ120 above the cooler, i think the fan clips are pressing into the fan. Pslate cables are great, obviously not needed at all, but just makes thing so much cleaner. I want to sort out the Scythe fan cables a little better but just wanted to get it all up and running.

078531-FA-3-D3-C-42-C4-A095-DBD529-E89-F2-E.jpg

1869-F1-A7-3-DA5-4-C2-D-8-A2-E-EB4-DF347-EB93.jpg

Associate
Custom Spray/Paint/Vinyl NR200P.

I finally collect my case and start my build this week. I’m sure the case will already look amazing, but I’m tempted to try and PIMP it up a bit.

Has anyone either customised their case or considered it?

Would be interested to see any uploads if people have done this already? My OH has a vinyl cutter so producing vinyl templates shouldn’t be an issue. I don’t have too much experience with spraying stuff (other than a bike frame) which turned out O.K.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Everyone. I’ve been using the forum / following this thread for info for a few months already and I have just finished my first ever build! Super pleased with how it has turned out. This is my nr200 build that I have been planning out for a while now after endless hours on forums and YT. Having used consoles since a young age I finally took the plunge and built myself a PC for gaming.....now to learn how the f' to use a mouse a keyboard lol

Build:

case: Cooler Master nr200
cpu: Intel i9 10900K 10th Gen (Delided) 25c idle / 65c load
gpu: MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio 24GB
psu: Corsair SF750
mobo: Asus rog Strix Z490-i Gaming
ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR4 4000MHz
ssd: Samsung 970 EVO plus M.2 1TB
cpu cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 280mm
fans: x2 140mm Noctua NF-A14 (intake)
x2 120mm Noctua NF-A12 (exhaust)
misc: Corsair Commander Pro

With this being my first gaming rig can anyone recommend a good mouse/keyboard setup for a left handed user? (I know we are far and few between as options seem limited)

G4senSx.jpg
Lv51fZL.jpg
BbOs53h.jpg
4FkuCzb.jpg
NyBoqj8.jpg
d2p5LhR.jpg
vsxfXtJ.jpg
hLrI8W0.jpg
cPHibDM.jpg
m9eKfFz.jpg

Associate
Hi Everyone. I’ve been using the forum / following this thread for info for a few months already and I have just finished my first ever build! Super pleased with how it has turned out. This is my nr200 build that I have been planning out for a while now after endless hours on forums and YT. Having used consoles since a young age I finally took the plunge and built myself a PC for gaming.....now to learn how the f' to use a mouse a keyboard lol

Build:

case: Cooler Master nr200
cpu: Intel i9 10900K 10th Gen (Delided) 25c idle / 65c load
gpu: MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio 24GB
psu: Corsair SF750
mobo: Asus rog Strix Z490-i Gaming
ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR4 4000MHz
ssd: Samsung 970 EVO plus M.2 1TB
cpu cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 280mm
fans: x2 140mm Noctua NF-A14 (intake)
x2 120mm Noctua NF-A12 (exhaust)
misc: Corsair Commander Pro

With this being my first gaming rig can anyone recommend a good mouse/keyboard setup for a left handed user? (I know we are far and few between as options seem limited)

how are the temps on MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio in this case as deciding if to go to this case from an ATX.. but worried about thermal increase due to size the case

Associate
I think Razer has a left handed deathadder, i know some friends who are left handed who still use the mouse with the right hand. I personally prefer Logitech mice but i'm right handed and like the right handed mice, there are ambidextrous mice but if you want a left handed mouse (as in ergonomically designed for lefties) the Razer Deathadder is the only one I know of from a reputable brand.

For keyboards, I'd avoid Corsair on the basis that the keycaps are trash. I bought a Corsair K70 Lux and have had to buy the double shot PBT keycaps as a £40 addition after the fact as the original keycaps were breaking so often and buying individual keys off Ebay was making it seem more beneficial to just buy the double shot PBT keycap set from OCUK and do a full replacement. Much better typing experience.

As a leftie, if you get a desk mouse pad (super large one) then you'll benefit from the logo normally being on the right so it wont get in your way.

Soldato
Just jumped on the bandwagon and ordered a black one of these cases.

Currently have my ITX build in a Phanteks Evolv Shift Air 2, which is a nice case but the PCIe riser cable annoys me as its only PCIe gen 3. It's not great for CPU cooling either as you can only get a 120mm AIO in it.

I'll be looking to go air cooling for my Ryzen 5600X, so just need to trawl the rest of this thread to see what the go to CPU air coolers are and what to watch for since I have the Gigabyte B550I board which has a higher offset CPU socket I believe.

I'll just use the AMD Wraith cooler until I get it built and I can figure out whats what.

Last edited:
Associate
Heyo! Thought I should share mine too.

Ryzen 5800x
RTX 3090
1 CPU fan and 1 case fan.
Unless you’re overclocking I don’t believe you need more...

Have flipped the CPU fan since these images. It was intake, which was better for CPU temps but worse for GPU. Now exhaust which got me like 5-8 degree lower 3090 temps.

Have undervolted both CPU and GPU (but to no impact from stock perf).

Idle:
CPU 50 (spiking to mid-70s as the 5800x is wont to do)
GPU 35 [Fans: running around 600 RPM, GPU fan turns off at idle]

Under gaming load: CPU 70-80, GPU 70ish

Cinebench Multi-Core does get the CPU hitting the 90 limit, but I get 14,800ish which is great and I never do such render-style workloads.

My philosophy is generally as long as you have enough headroom, I’d rather less and slower fans than more noise and reducing temps from 60 to 50.

Have a custom GPU power cable on the way which should free up even more case room for airflow. I was going for a super clean/minimal build and am really happy with how it turned out. Have more photos of the build if folks are interested...

E4TM2nf.jpg

pBF9SEh.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
What's the general consensus between a Noctua U12S equipped with 2 fans vs. a Scythe FUMA 2? Six in one, half dozen in the other?

I'm in between these two coolers and can't decide which to use and which to return. The FUMA 2 would have its stock fan setup with the reverse airflow and the U12S would have (2) Kaze Flex fans. I was going to do the same normal/slim fan setup as the FUMA 2 but can't find a slim fan clip for the Noctua.

Associate
What's the general consensus between a Noctua U12S equipped with 2 fans vs. a Scythe FUMA 2? Six in one, half dozen in the other?

I'm in between these two coolers and can't decide which to use and which to return. The FUMA 2 would have its stock fan setup with the reverse airflow and the U12S would have (2) Kaze Flex fans. I was going to do the same normal/slim fan setup as the FUMA 2 but can't find a slim fan clip for the Noctua.

You have to email noctua for slim fan clips, they will gladly send you them from Austria, postage free if you attach your invoice for the cooler.

Associate

I think the consensus is that the FUMA 2 is the most effective air cooler you can fit in an NR200 so I would go with that. The only reason I didn't is you can't use the glass side with it (it's too tall). But for the solid/mesh side, do it.

Back
Top Bottom