• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
That makes it sound like more of a marmite game than it actually is. A minority were very vocal about their "issues" with it (the TLoU2 thread being a prime example), the majority praised it for being an excellent game.

I'm in excellent game camp myself, I saw angry Joe added it to his list of worst games in 2020.... I'm afraid it really is a marmite game for some.

Soldato
TloU2, finished this a few weeks back on the PS5. Great game it just dragged on about 5 hours to much.

I've lost all interest in that game now - got to a bit playing as Abby on some cultist island; but it feels like I've been playing Abby for most of the game now, ans she's just an unlikable character imo. So I doubt I'll be dragging myself back into it - shame as it's a stunning looking game, and some of the 'open world' bits with Ellie were very enjoyable.

Soldato
Yep LG 32 inch 4K jobbie. Works fine although if you are not rushed the general consensus is to wait for the 120hz 4K ones to become reasonable

Does everything work ok no issues and do you have the model number please?

It's going to a long time before hdmi 2.1 monitors become reasonable and I reckon most titles targeting 4k in the future will be 60fps at 4k but happy to be wrong on that

Last edited:
Soldato
No idea on the rules anymore so I won’t link but the model no
LG 32UK550 4K Ultra HD 32" VA LCD Gaming Monitor - Black

Noi issues behaves fine

Thanks, looks like a good option for the PS5, I dont think the PS5 will do 1440P at 120hz like the Series X can so its pointless looking at 1440P high refresh monitors for a PS5?

I'm trying to decide between selling my PC and getting a Series X, keeping my PC and getting a PS5 to go with it and trying to find a monitor to suit whichever setup I go for

Soldato
Thanks, looks like a good option for the PS5, I dont think the PS5 will do 1440P at 120hz like the Series X can so its pointless looking at 1440P high refresh monitors for a PS5?

I'm trying to decide between selling my PC and getting a Series X, keeping my PC and getting a PS5 to go with it and trying to find a monitor to suit whichever setup I go for
If you opt for keeping PC I highly recommend the below model

Love mine, 240hz and picture is great, has GSync and Free Sync so covered for both if you use either

Dell Alienware 25 Monitor - AW2521HFL

Had absolutely no issues whatsoever with my Day 1 PS5 via Amazon UK. Ran perfectly non stop no crashes, freezes, rest mode errors nothing. While no doubt some people have had the odd fault, I do think there’s a strong element of neurotic types looking for issues which aren’t there on their expensive new machine. All that nonsense about coil-whine etc. For every one person with very bad/faulty machine with excessive coil whine, there’s 100 people who’ve read about the coil whine, hear their machine make the odd slight noise during gameplay and start fretting that they’ve got a faulty unit. Some bloke on Neogaf claiming he’s returned his 4 times to Sony due to coil whine and received 4 replacement units. Don’t entirely believe the story but if true, Jesus wept.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had absolutely no issues whatsoever with my Day 1 PS5 via Amazon UK. Ran perfectly non stop no crashes, freezes, rest mode errors nothing. While no doubt some people have had the odd fault, I do think there’s a strong element of neurotic types looking for issues which aren’t there on their expensive new machine. All that nonsense about coil-whine etc. For every one person with very bad/faulty machine with excessive coil whine, there’s 100 people who’ve read about the coil whine, hear their machine make the odd slight noise during gameplay and start fretting that they’ve got a faulty unit. Some bloke on Neogaf claiming he’s returned his 4 times to Sony due to coil whine and received 4 replacement units. Don’t entirely believe the story but if true, Jesus wept.
This is the crux of it.
At work we had one guy escalate his complaint as high as it could go because if he flipped his mac upside down and shook it the hinge made a noise (this is perfectly normal).

Some people just like to look for issues

Back
Top Bottom