• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6800XT or RTX 3080

Soldato
I don't particularly want to drag the thread off topic, but essentially:

Not an exhaustive list but:
1.) The overlay is bugged and does not work. I cannot record my screen, instant replay etc. The overlay does not respond when called and my mouse cursor flickers and has an 'activity' part that flashes every few seconds or so . Numerous driver cleanings and driver versions have had no effect.
2.) Every driver update causes three black screens on restart until I unplug and replug in the three monitors. Doing this every month is tedious.
3.) I get micro/full stutters in a few games. FPS dives momentarily and can even hang for a second. Not all games, but typically the games I play most often with friends. I didn't get this with my prior and inferior card.

Could be a dodgy card but not all the above are likely caused by just the card - also drivers/software.

Of course I could have had the same experience with an 3080 but I also might not. The fact of the matter is, every Nvidia card i've had worked out of the box with no real issues to report. Maybe i've just been fortunate with samples, but I'm answering the OP's question based on the experience i've had with one of them (6800).

I know how partisan this sub forum can be - but I have no preference and no axe to grind. As mentioned, I want AMD to do well. A competitive market is a good one.

I suspect your issues are related to your triple monitor setup. Could be poor HDMI/DP cable quality. Try using just one monitor and see if problems are still there. This will determine if your gpu is faulty or not. Also try removing driver totally with DDU in safemode and reinstall latest beta.

For monitor flicker/stutter issues this could be of help:

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

Caporegime
That is one thing where nvidia seems to work better for me is with dual displays. On my vega 56, HDCP caused black screens/loss of signal so had to turn it off and even then, there was like green pixels flickering (usually powering tv on and off would fix it), did DDU etc. multiple times.... But with the 3080, no need to turn HDCP off as no black screens/signal loss etc. issues, same cables being used.

Associate
6800XT is just as good if not better than a 3080... So why even bother to wait for Ampere cards when Big Navi series cards have been available to buy from OCUK? Go AMD and support the underdog... These days a full AMD system is where the partys at!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom