US: The Mandalorian

Soldato
Honestly put these people on ignore. There is absolutely nothing that will be gained by engaging with them. Theres about 20 regular posters and one mod on this board that should be auto included in the ignore list for their constant bile.
This perfectly sums up the issue, lets censor anyone who has a different perspective to us. Solves every problem. Rroff has this measured correctly, there is not enough information to simply condemn someone. You feel free to join the baying mob on your witch hunt, frankly it says more about you both than anyone else.

Man of Honour
Don't really care if the character stays or goes personally - never really felt like it added much to the story and towards the end felt like too many similar characters were fighting for screen time.

Soldato
I can see how what she said could be interpreted to be anti semitic by people who want it to be anti semitic but I don't believe her intent was for it to be anti semitic

Yeap, I agree and I find the amount of logic twisting by those who wanted to interpret it as something anti-Semitic just worrying. Sadly the baying Twitter hate mob will never ever be sated, no matter how many scalps they take, no matter how much damage they cause because, as history has proven time and time again, those who believe themselves to be "morally right" can and will do horrific things in that belief without ever batting an eye at the havoc they cause.

Soldato
Trying to compare any situation to what the Nazis did is just a big no no.
I agree but it has sadly become almost the norm for disagreements in the culture war. I mean even the housing benefit cap got compared to genocide a few years ago. Comparing things to the Nazi's is almost always ridiculous hyperbole, but Gina Carano is hardly unique in that. I would suggest that far more egregious examples happen on the left on a near daily basis.

Soldato
@Minusorange @ianh

her latest which I have provided quote for is not anti-Semitic in anyway. There is no derogatory comments about the Jewish people or semites for that fact.

the issue is she said Nazi didn’t go beat and kill people in the streets and it was the German public did that. The government enabled that and the Nazi rounded up Jews. So it was all governments fault.

she was incorrect in the fact that Nazi shot and killed Jews in the street in their homes. She was factually correct about a large proportion of the German public was culpable to the Nazi regime and its atrocities. Her statement about Nazi rounded up Jews while correct but is clearly understating Nazi’s role and its hand in the holocaust. (There is not a single word in her post that put Nazi in direct responsibility of killing, murdering, ethnic cleansing and ransacking of the Jewish culture and people thus the understatement). Furthermore she said the then government was at fault but failing to point out that it was the Nazi government and therefor the Nazi was responsible for the whole thing.

lastly, edited history...wot!

honestly don’t hast yourself into something. Please be mindful of the word she s actually posted. She s said these things in black and white. There is nothing in between them. No fabricated truth.

Man of Honour
Could we get back to talking about the show? Should she be recast? Removed and a new character introduced?

There are large chunks of the show where she doesn't feature - I don't think it would add or remove much if she never featured again - some might be of a different opinion though.

They introduced a bunch of new characters towards the end of the last season as well to the point they were fighting for screen time so I don't see a need to introduce a new main character any time soon.

Last edited:
Soldato
There are large chunks of the show where she doesn't feature - I don't think it would add or remove much if she never featured again - some might be of a different opinion though.

They introduced a bunch of new characters towards the end of the last season as well to the point they were fighting for screen time so I don't see a need to introduce a new main characters any time soon.

Agreed, the problem is that the 3rd season has almost certainly been written already.

I’d rather they recast it then trying to shoehorn in another character in place of or removing references of the character and breaking the script.

Soldato
So Pedro should also be cancelled? It's only fair right?

Did Pedro continue to post drivel like that or was it a one-off thing?

Not saying what he posted was correct but, from my understanding, it was a one-off post and he's mostly been fairly quiet and uncontroversial since on his socials, ie - he was warned from "those above" and decided to tow the company line.

Carano hasn't done that and fair enough if she truly believes in what she's spouted and for thinking Nazi's are good people but, she's been around Hollywood enough know how it works so knew the consequences if she ignored warnings/advice.
Just seems strange for a lower-alphabet actor to torpedo their own career :confused:

Could we get back to talking about the show? Should she be recast? Removed and a new character introduced?

Whilst she was a good character, i don't think she played a massive role in the series and ultimately wouldn't be missed so better to draw a line in the sand and carry on.

Recasting would be terrible though.

Soldato
Maybe someone should have sent Pedro Pascal pictures of the Uyghur camps pointing out the company that he works for has strong ties, accepts money and investment, films in the same province where these camps are and turns a blind eye to blatant racism.

Soldato
The main difference imho

Pedro is criticizing the government for their controversial policies (hyperbolically or not)
Carano was engaging in toxic culture war nonsense with Disney customers (or potential ones)

Ultimately id imagine Disney would rather all of its stars stayed away from posting about controversial subjects
Also Pedro is the lead of the show, and she is a side character easily removed, that will be a factor

fez

fez

Caporegime
The main difference imho

Pedro is criticizing the government for their controversial policies (hyperbolically or not)
Carano was engaging in toxic culture war nonsense with Disney customers (or potential ones)

Ultimately id imagine Disney would rather all of its stars stayed away from posting about controversial subjects
Also Pedro is the lead of the show, and she is a side character easily removed, that will be a factor

I would argue that Pedro was quite easily replaced due to not taking off his helmet more than twice (don't quote me on that number).

I think if you are going to get rid of people for thier views then you have to be fair. The biggest irony of course is that Disney is as scummy as they come, as all multi billion dollar companies are. Taking the moral high ground is laughable.

Back
Top Bottom