• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6800 (XT) Owners Thread.

Soldato
Did you just happen to be looking at the printer section in the last few days?

I had a glance on Tuesday and to my shock OCUK had the 6800xt Nitro+ SE up for sale which is what I originally always wanted but only had 6800's & 6900's when I was looking 2 weeks ago.

I just couldn't resist even for the ripe old price of £929.99 so grabbed one almost without a second thought... The 6800 was good, but the XT SE? Now that's Amaretto & Cigar stuff... :p
Yeah, I had been looking at that section for a while but only ever saw 6900xts in stock until i looked on a stock alert site saying ocuk had some 6800xts in stock which were in that section!

I will admit i'll miss the solid construction of the reference but hated the red

Associate
Managed to crack 18000 in Time Spy. GPU 2600, Mem 2130, Fast timing & 15% on the power. Think I could get to 20000 on the GPU but my CPU seems to be holding me back on the overall score. Haven't touched the CPU yet.

pIPPIKs.png

Soldato
Got my nitro+ se today, only tested it in modern warefare but all seems good.

However when taking the clear wrap off the sapphire logo it peeled the entire mirrored strip off :eek: doh, stuck right back on though.

Associate
And here she is. Finally got my hands on the real Big Navi. The myth the legend the baddest bitc|-| of em all... It's hard to describe what it's like to have the box in your hand. A sense that you have something special and extremely powerful I suppose... :)

rsz-werfwerwefrd.png

Please add me to the TROH (again) also feel free to remove my last entry as Big Navi Little (6800) will be heading back. It's time to break out the cognac and cigars in celebration of this glorious day. :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
And here she is. Finally got my hands on the real Big Navi. The myth the legend the baddest bitc|-| of em all... It's hard to describe what it's like to have the box in your hand. A sense that you have something special and extremely powerful I suppose... :)

rsz-werfwerwefrd.png

Please add me to the TROH (again) also feel free to remove my last entry as Big Navi Little (6800) will be heading back. It's time to break out the cognac and cigars in celebration of this glorious day. :p

Picture of said cognac and cigar also please, and congrats. :)

The only cooler club is the Biggest of the Navi clubs, the 6900 XT owners club. ;)

Associate

The only cooler club is the Biggest of the Navi clubs, the 6900 XT owners club. ;)

Congrats got the same card yesterday, really nice card, build quality is excellent, works like a dream in warzone.
Only funny thing was I got nothing in the box except the card, no cables, stickers, leaflets etc, cannot believe paid 940 for a card and then need to buy a cable to connect the card to motherboard for the fans to light up....

Associate

Yeah but 6900 XT only offers about a 5% perf increase over 6800 XT where as the 6800 XT is almost a 15% performance boost over 6800 so I think the 6800 XT is the sweet spot. :p

Congrats got the same card yesterday, really nice card, build quality is excellent, works like a dream in warzone.
Only funny thing was I got nothing in the box except the card, no cables, stickers, leaflets etc, cannot believe paid 940 for a card and then need to buy a cable to connect the card to motherboard for the fans to light up....

Thanks... glad you enjoying it in Warzone. I wasn't aware it needed a separate cable for the rgb fans but no worries if it does.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wasn't aware it needed a separate cable for the rgb fans but no worries if it does.

Only if you want to sync it all in 1 program, if not just use the trixx software and the nitroglow feature.

I did have to uninstall gigabyte rgb fusion 2.0 though to get my rgb to change at all but rgb fusion is known to be a big steaming turd.

Caporegime
Yeah but 6900 XT only offers about a 5% perf increase over 6800 XT where as the 6800 XT is almost a 15% performance boost over 6800 so I think the 6800 XT is the sweet spot. :p

Thanks... glad you enjoying it in Warzone. I wasn't aware it needed a separate cable for the rgb fans but no worries if it does.
6800 XT is great.

The 6900 XT is 10-12% faster in GPU bound scenarios in my testing when clock speeds, voltages, fan speeds, power limits etc are identical over both GPUs.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34388331

Back
Top Bottom