• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Game pre-orders up via Stock Informer, however site is crawling and there's a queue of more than an hour, don't think I'll bother just to find out they've already gone by the time it's my turn.

Edit: Stock Informer now says OOS.

Soldato
It's available in some pretty poor value bundles on Game atm. I had one in my cart, put my payment details in, then decided I really couldn't justify £500 when I've still got so much to complete on my PS4

Soldato
Game pre-orders up, however site is crawling and there's a queue of more than an hour, don't think I'll bother just to find out they've already gone by the time it's my turn.
If you go for some of the less decent bundles, there's no queue. The one with ACV and the media remote is £526 and got can get through straight away. I got to the confirmation page and backed out as I'm not desperate for one and it's a lot of money, but if you are that's probably the way to go

Soldato
If you go for some of the less decent bundles, there's no queue. The one with ACV and the media remote is £526 and got can get through straight away. I got to the confirmation page and backed out as I'm not desperate for one and it's a lot of money, but if you are that's probably the way to go
Thanks for the advice, it's for someone else and they haven't specified if they want to pay extra.

I decided to go for a base console and waited 40 minutes then got the message all consoles sold out.

I see they state only one console per household but I bet they are not checking previous orders to see if they have already had one or more.

Associate
Shop To have a loyalty based system (number of orders from them) which I believe (but cant prove) means higher tier members get allocated rare stock before others.

Associate
Reading about problems with the triggers breaking easily and drifting, will this ever go away, you can't cheap out on the thing that everything will be holding throughout the lifespan of the damn console!!

Anyway, do you think it would be sensible to invest in another controller and use that instead of the controller that came with the console. That way, if it breaks and requires sending away for the warranty, you don't have to send the whole console, just the controller? Never hurts to have a spare controller, but obviously it's an added expense.

Not sure how it works, but I imagine retailers would want the entire package, but maybe manufacturers would be ok with the controller itself.

Soldato
Reading about problems with the triggers breaking easily and drifting, will this ever go away, you can't cheap out on the thing that everything will be holding throughout the lifespan of the damn console!!

Anyway, do you think it would be sensible to invest in another controller and use that instead of the controller that came with the console. That way, if it breaks and requires sending away for the warranty, you don't have to send the whole console, just the controller? Never hurts to have a spare controller, but obviously it's an added expense.

Not sure how it works, but I imagine retailers would want the entire package, but maybe manufacturers would be ok with the controller itself.

You'd just send the controller. But yeah the console would be pretty useless without one! If I have had a controller break on me in the past I'd either try to fix it, or I'd just buy a new one.

Soldato
Game pre-orders up via Stock Informer, however site is crawling and there's a queue of more than an hour, don't think I'll bother just to find out they've already gone by the time it's my turn.

Edit: Stock Informer now says OOS.

Game website sucks (don't they all). Constant queues, then when you finally manage to get one in the basket you get a 505 error. By the time you hit the payment screen it's out of stock.

You simply can't beat the bots. If you do, you are very lucky.

Soldato
It's available in some pretty poor value bundles on Game atm. I had one in my cart, put my payment details in, then decided I really couldn't justify £500 when I've still got so much to complete on my PS4
Get it and complete them with better fidelity / FPS / load times then? (In some cases)
And make money on selling your PS4 whilst they still hold some value?

That’s what I did in November. Had a great time playing some souped up PS4 games and Spider-Man.

Associate
Did you end up getting it ? I enjoyed it, although, even being an ace combat veteran I found some of the missions a tad difficult :p

I played this on PS4, it can be fun, but I realised halfway through that the game was more irritating than enjoyable for me. I still pushed through, but some very frustrating missions and the constant spam of “Missile, Missile, Missile” was genuinely driving me crazy.

Some missions almost from start to finish you’re continually locked onto, having to evade and listen to Missile, Missile, Missile for 20 minutes, whilst trying to complete your objectives. Just not that much fun, this was on normal difficulty.

Soldato
Get it and complete them with better fidelity / FPS / load times then? (In some cases)
And make money on selling your PS4 whilst they still hold some value?

That’s what I did in November. Had a great time playing some souped up PS4 games and Spider-Man.
Meh, I would consider it if I could get one at £450, but even then I'm not sure I would to play games I already own and which already look good with faster load times and slightly better graphics. Realistically it makes more sense for me to wait for there to be a decent library of new generation games before buying one, if I can hold out that long!

Soldato

My pad failed, sent it to Sony still waiting on it coming back :(

Back
Top Bottom