38mm thick fans in 120mm size?

Man of Honour
YateLoon does some as I used to have them on my radiators. They are pretty quiet but don't shift that much air plus they are sleeve bearing fans so you have restrictions on mounting orientations (they don't like being mounted face down).

Kei

Kei

Soldato
There are plenty of 38mm thick 120mm fans out there in the enterprise market but they are very expensive and usually don’t come pre terminated. These are made by the likes of delta, san ace, nidec, panaflo, nmb-mat, ebm-papst and sunon. They will come in a fairly broad range of voltages (ac & dc), rpms, bearing types and options like thermal speed control, pwm and tacho output.

Soldato
From what i've read the EK 38mm doesn't perform much better than the 25mm variant, its practically the same. Can't remember the reviewers name, might have been linus or optimum tech.

Associate
that ek fan is pricey though. will have to think about it.

For sale thread here in the Member's Marketplace with some Yate Loons:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34485799

Yate Loon D12SM-12D 120x38mm fans
I have 6 of these fans and all have been used on radiators. These are the 38mm deep versions and ar 3 pin only. I had these on my pair of radiators controlled by a fan controller running at 7-800rpm while still shifting a decent amount of air while still being pretty quiet. I will give them a good clean before posting as I never send anything off while still dusty. I am asking £4 for each of these and will sell them in multiples of 2, 3 or all 6. No singles due to postage costs making it not worthwhile.

Gn2chVz.jpg
8fvAXCN.jpg

Back
Top Bottom