Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Did anyone watch the etron GT premier yesterday? Stunning car!

Tempted to trade both the etron and TTRS in
I saw it - the GT is basically a Taycan with a reshaped body and a less premium interior. I imagine there will be VW, Seat, Skoda, Bentley and Lamborghini versions coming over the next couple of years too.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
RS3 had new discs and pads all round today, couple of tyres being fitted Monday, and service + MOT the week after.

Managed to pickup front discs from an Audi dealers eBay store cheap, guessing they were clearing stock as they had all sorts for sale.

Soldato
How cheap is cheap? At some point I’ll have to change the discs and pads on the RS6. Audi want eye watering money to do it :(

I’m no stranger to big bills, but it seems rather ott for consumables.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I got the pair for £245 (so not cheap compared to other more ‘regular’ cars).

They did have some RS6 discs for £180 a disc, can’t remember what year and no idea if that’s cheap for them!

They all sold pretty quickly though, but can be worth keeping an eye out on eBay. I’d been looking for a while waiting for a set at a decent price, but wasn’t expecting to get them that cheap.

For the RS3 it seems around £600 is the going rate for a set of Audi genuine parts, with Audi themselves charging £1100 for front discs and pads fitted.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks, I think you did pretty well @ £245. The cheapest I can find genuine Audi stamped RS6 front discs are £885 a pair.

If I can find a better deal I’ll pick them up and fit them myself. I must be getting old, but I bulk at the idea of paying over a grand for the dealer to do something simple like discs and pads.

Soldato
I just had an S Line A6 Saloon for a loan car, 70 plate with 419 miles on with what appears to be a fair amount of spec and it is on sale for £35,000

2.0 TDI though and not the 3.0 so not apples for apples.

Associate
In my constant search/bounce from car to car - I am eyeing up a B8 RS4 Avant (as opposed to a newer M40i). Any particular things to be mindful of outside of gearbox/final drive oil being replaced and exceptional brake disc costs?

Is the general ownership cost going to be more M car or M"lite". Suspect I would maintain Extended warranty @ c.£1k per annum.
I feel (or hope) the depreciation on a well maintained one will be minimal (although not B7 appreciation).

I will probably prefer to pay a premium for Approved used with warranty, Full Audi SH - I guess about £30k for a lower mileage example?

Soldato
My personal experience is that The ownership costs with Audi S/RS cars, while not cheap, have been less than M cars. In particular servicing and extended warranties. Parts however are quite expensive.

edit - I only run these with manufacturer/extended warranties and wouldn’t bother without. More than once they have paid for themselves and saved me a packet.

Last edited:
Associate
My personal experience is that The ownership costs with Audi S/RS cars, while not cheap, have been less than M cars. In particular servicing and extended warranties. Parts however are quite expensive.

edit - I only run these with manufacturer/extended warranties and wouldn’t bother without. More than once they have paid for themselves and saved me a packet.

Yeah, I can see the value in the warranty - especially if an older performance car. Is the all parts worth over specified parts?

Just weighing up the cost benefit between these two (newer with Audi warranty vs older). Both seem a touch over priced

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202102028628172

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202102189212884

Back
Top Bottom