The most middle-class first-world problems...

Caporegime
It’s funny. These threads tend to lead to middle class humblebragging and oneupmanship. If you’re really posh, you’re sitting in a messy, mismatched room, watching a cheap telly.

Royal-1394741.webp

They probs don't watch much TV (she's one of the busiest Royals IIRC, or was pre-Covid), mismatched (and old/inherited) furniture is pretty standard for really posh/old money types, they don't need to flex by having the latest BMW/Merc on the drive of their new build Barrett home (via PCP of course), brand new leather corner sofa (0% credit in the DFS sale), live laugh love sign on the wall + some "art" they just grabbed during a trip to Ikea...

Soldato
online supermarket shopping doesn't offer the deli counter range, so alternative cheese selection is limited to just the Finest range...

:D

Not me personally but the many grumbling they cannot get the latest graphics cards at RRP price and instead have to resort to previous gen cards and make do lower fps or no RTX.

A personal one. WFH means I now shower at lunch time. This in turn means I do not get enough time to watch Stargate SG1 episodes which are a full hour. Disgraceful

Associate
I've noticed that I need to do some weeding around my pool again, which I never enjoy. It's also a little drizzly here in Provence today. It was full sun and blue skies yesterday, so my mood isn't what it could be.

Soldato
There is some cloud obscuring our view of the beach and downtown LA this morning, it also caused the winter weather to dip below 18c today. This was particularly vexing as we just sold the much loved 2019 Mazda MX5 to make room for the new Tesla arriving in a few weeks.

Associate
I had to arrange for documents to be signed. Since I couldn't go into the office to print them, I ordered myself a printer at 9pm Wednesday night this week and it arrived 4pm Thursday.

Caporegime
almost every reply is just pointing out their ability to buy things or that they don't buy the cheapest version of something :p

Exactly middle class has got nothing to do with money.

Middle class is along the lines of having dinner with the councillor to discuss town plans or annoyed my child is at home due to public schools being locked down :p

Back
Top Bottom