Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
I appreciate there was some bad news last night on UK economy.

However, surely this wasn't anticipated and doesn't come as a surprise?

Not seeing much significant...RR and IAG down again but they are just volatile at the moment.

Bank holiday in the US on Monday that often causes a pullback on the Friday too..

Associate
I appreciate there was some bad news last night on UK economy.

However, surely this wasn't anticipated and doesn't come as a surprise?
A lot more information is released by the ONS besides the headline GDP figure. Not all of it could have been anticipated. You can see all the data here if you're interested.

Soldato
A lot more information is released by the ONS besides the headline GDP figure. Not all of it could have been anticipated. You can see all the data here if you're interested.

A lot of it is just based on the headlines though.

The other day, after rising for a few days, all tourism/hospitality/airline and energy stock took a notable dive simply because that **** Grant Shapps decided to go on the national news telling everyone not to book any holidays.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes, but I don't think it's unreasonable for an update in government advice regarding booking holidays to have an effect on those industries. That was an unforeseen event that the market reacted to. The GDP estimate is an scheduled quarterly event that I would expect many institutions use the data from to feed their models and update their holdings accordingly. They would already have their own estimates as placeholders in these models but can now update them with the official statistics that might vary in some places.

Anyway the FTSE is at back to 0 change now so maybe it was all anticipated :p

Soldato
I just bailed on it since I was like 70% profit could be a bad idea.

grabbed some more WDDMF though looks like the momentum is still there

obviously risky though with these penny stocks

yea they really want to hurt small retail investors, it's probably because of all the pumps recently making things silly volatile...

seems lame imo just because the boomers don't get momentum drives.

if anything it just makes it more likely people will lose money

Did you keep any of the Vision Lithium? I got in once it pulled back to 41c Doing well so far.

It's covering some losses elsewhere!

kai

kai

Soldato
Been playing around with eToro virtual dashboards for a couple of weeks. Still little to no knowledge, however i just pulled the plug and started with a real portfolio. Nothing crazy but started with £500 across some Crypto i have been keeping my eye on.

Soldato
Spoke way too soo. It's gone from 65c to 50c in a matter of minutes :rolleyes:

It's mostly red across the board for US and UK stocks. Some people will start screaming 'it's the correction' like they've done every red day for nearly a year. More likely a tiny blip. Bear in mind that February usually sees the markets down slightly overall anyway. With January usually being up.

Associate
Been playing around with eToro virtual dashboards for a couple of weeks. Still little to no knowledge, however i just pulled the plug and started with a real portfolio. Nothing crazy but started with £500 across some Crypto i have been keeping my eye on.

i did the exact same thing last week, divided £600 into Loyds, NIO, ADA and XRP just get my feet wet. All of which I'm planning on adding more into it as I see them as long term holds. Closely watching the "blue chip" shares and learning how they rise and dip with the market.

Soldato
Seems to have lost all pre market gains

Yeah, floating around, still green for the day. I'm gonna give it an hour then get out for the weekend. Hoping it will trip my sell order before then ..

Done, took around 6%, Will keep an eye on it next week and might have another nibble.

Think there's an opportunity just keeping an eye on anything floating up the Reddit page order with all the eyes on it atm.

Last edited:
Associate
was it red Friday for everyone else? 3 day weekend for American markets though right? so maybe that's why
Yeah it was a tough slog today. Had a few nibbles but kept position size low. Also took partial profits on some previous winners. Today was a day when money management mattered. Keep losses small at all times and don’t be too itchy to pull the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom