iRacing

Associate
IMG-20201106-132007.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
2ku4rZ6
Sorry trying to figure out how to post photos
2ku4rZ6
, seems the Flickr image URL doesn't work?

Last edited:
Soldato
Thoughts on the F-GT Lite vs Playseat Challenge?

I have the Playseat Challenge and it is a surprisingly solid platform to work with. It's also easy to fold up when you are done *with the wheel and pedals still mounted* and it's very compact.

No experience with the F-GT Lite.

Soldato
I use the X Rocker XR Racing Circuit Chair which i got from Argos for about £89.00

For the money i simply cannot fault it. Admittedly i mount my wheel to the desk so I just use the seat to sit in and hold the pedals. Until i have room for a proper rig, this is perfect.

Associate
Thoughts on the F-GT Lite vs Playseat Challenge?
I also have the Playseat Challenge and I'm very happy with it. I did have to buy an aftermarket mount for my H pattern shifter, so the price wasn't much different to the F-GT Lite in the end. I think much depends on your size and how you store it folded. The Playseat is narrower and fits me fine. The F-GT is better if you are larger. The Playseat seems to fold up narrower but taller, whereas the F-GT folds to be quite wide but shorter. I'd be happy with either but if I bought again, I'd have the Playseat again.

Associate
Just after people's experiences with either product really, my current pedal solution isn't viable when I move so looking into rigs/cockpits.

Soldato
I like it, although it's my first cockpit so I've nothing to compare it to really. Feels solid, did have a G920 on it before I upgraded to a TS-PC which also fits just fine. It doesn't fold up as small as the playseat. There's a good comparison video below which I watched before buying it.

Associate
Think I am leaning towards either the GT1 Evo or SRD Pro to be honest, I know that'll be the end goal plus a DD (funding etc.!) so would rather buy once and save myself a few quid in the long run

Associate
It's a bit of up step from those two but I have a Sim Lab GT1 evo. Would recommend it if you wanted a look at a bit more solid profile rig.

Looks good value. I assume you can move the seat back / forward, which controls the distance from seat to pedals - but can you alter the distance of the wheel as well? I can't tell from the pics.

Soldato
Looks good value. I assume you can move the seat back / forward, which controls the distance from seat to pedals - but can you alter the distance of the wheel as well? I can't tell from the pics.

Seat attaches via normal seat rails and just bolted onto the slots in the profiles it can be moved independently of everything else, you can have it where you like. The supports for the wheel and pedals are bolted via corner joint and also can be moved forward/back the profile. The pedal deck is attached to the wheel supports, they can't move completely independently of one another and when you move the supports you have to move both the wheel and pedals. However they have allowed for quite a bit of travel for both the wheel and pedals so usually you have a really unusual body shape you should be able to find a comfortable position.

This video shows how it is built and will help you visualise how flexible it is with seating/wheel position etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33VJrFgAJ9U

Associate
Is that the 49"? How did you get it mounted to the frame, I'd be wanting to do similar as I'm on the CRG9 atm that swivels to the front of my desk when racing

Soldato
Soldato
Is that the 49"? How did you get it mounted to the frame, I'd be wanting to do similar as I'm on the CRG9 atm that swivels to the front of my desk when racing

As Mike says, it's the integrated monitor mount from Sim Lab. I bought 3 23" MSI screens a few weeks ago to try out against the Ultrawide and although the immersion was great my PC could barely push ACC (AMD5800X, RX6800, 32GB ram etc) in anything other than low everything. I'm fairly wedded to ACC now so having to take a big hit in eye candy or yet another grand or two on a 3090, I sent the screens back.

Bizarrely, Sim Labs sent me two 3 monitor frames. Neither of which I'm using if anyone wants one?

Nice rig setup there mate.
Cheeky little recording tonight also.

Cheers. I like it although I have a mate with a setup probably less than my pedals and he's still quicker :D

Cheers for the vid, enjoyed watching that.

Soldato
@EddScott Are those HE pedals? I so was close to getting some HE sprint but I have the original run of the GT1 evo so would have to either cut the slots from them myself or send it back to sim lab (who to be fair said they would do it for free). Had to settle with Clubsport V3s in the end, which ain't exactly bad.

Associate
Ah hadn't seen that, I could only find the separate stand. Going to do some measuring and reckon I'll invest soon then! Thinking of going for the Sparco Sprint L as on reviews I've heard it's a good compromise for the larger folk

Last edited:
Soldato
@MikeTheNative yes, the pedals are HE Sprints. Made far more of a difference to feel from Fanatec V3s. Not as much going from the CSW2.5 base to Simucube SC2. In hindsight, I maybe wouldn't have bothered there.

I believe SimLabs changed the pedal base as there was flex in the old base. The new one is thick and heavy and it still flexes a tiny bit. I've seen folk mount pedals direct to aluminium Profile.

I was lucky with the seat. I got the Sabelt Taurus cheap as it had gone out of FIA date. Bought from Sportsseats4u. Seats are tricky. I bought 2 Recaro SPG for my Impreza and after 3 months waiting, they were tiny and I didn't fit in them! In all honesty I wasn't that impressed either. The Sabelt feels like a better product. There are BB Classic seats which are mostly copies of other seats Bride for example.

Back
Top Bottom