• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Soldato
Just get a PS5 and stick ya middle finger up at PC prices.

I still have a PS4, and was considering getting a PS5, but recently bought a couple of games for it, having not used it for a couple of years, and even though I have a 50" TV, I miss the Ultrawide experience of my PC monitor too much, so have ditched that idea.

Will just wait and see what 2022 brings.

Soldato
I just put an order in from a competitor for a ryzen 2700x bundle with a 3070 included, £899, Probably shouldn't be too difficult to sell the bundle for around £250-£300 to make it around £600-£650, still crap, but I currently have no gpu and got sick of following discord stock alerts.

Says due Monday but not holding my breath with said competitor...

Soldato
if its not the miners its the scalpers. be good if retailers all of a sudden got a massive stock of gpus then like to see the look on scalpers faces when they have to sell their stuff at less than what they paid for it.

Soldato
nvidia sells its far cheaper on their own store. when its in stock.
I know but I've literally never seen it in stock on there, was the quickest way for me to get a card (so it seems anyway if they sick to their word) - I would usually buy via the MM, but people paying £450 for the likes of a 1080ti with zero warranty or similar pricing for a 2070s, I'm quite happy to be spending around £150 more for a new card which is much more powerful.

Soldato
if its not the miners its the scalpers. be good if retailers all of a sudden got a massive stock of gpus then like to see the look on scalpers faces when they have to sell their stuff at less than what they paid for it.

Miners are buying direct from suppliers so half the gpu's don't even get to retail stores. It will take a while for stock to catch up but I reckon another 4 months and we should see things settling down. Hopefully Ethereum will crash at some point.

Soldato
Lots of those reviews seen to be people who don't understand how freakin long UK customs can be... I've had items from China arrive in the UK 2 days after shipping, then held hostage for 2 weeks by HMRC.

Anyhow, good luck @Perfect_Chaos :p
Is all the duty and vat paid?

when I have see them it’s all estimated and I don’t see any hit that vat is paid.

would be interesting to see what you final cost is.
Result! :)

Will be interesting to see how long it takes to get to you. Hope the import fees deposit covers the VAT. It always did in my previous experience ordering directly from their US site a few times.
track.png

Took a trip around California and already through customs :p

Associate
Got a 3x Ventus 3070 monday through the high street retailer for £590. Checked other sites and they are usually around the £650 mark so i think it was a resoanble price!

Associate
I haven't exactly given up, but I haven't exactly got the greatest hope either. A 3060ti or a 3070 would be more than plenty for me and my 4790k, but not at £500 or £700 respectively. I imagine I'll be waiting till the bottom falls out of Crypto before anything becomes available at a price close to RRP.

Associate
Early last year I decided to go for a full new system by this year following the Christmas rush, based on a functional CPU/motherboard with an expensive GPU. I'm exploring VR and the big GPU expense supported by the rest of the system would be worth it for me.

However, the GPU prices have gone crazy (sorry, stating the obvious). Even a fairly basic build to support a powerful GPU also seems to be unduly expensive.

My ancient build with a 1080ti seems to be the best I can expect at the moment. At this rate, I'm not expecting to get a full new system until mid-late 2021 or early 2022. Even if supply improves, there's a lot of pent up money waiting to be spent on new products, which will inflate prices. Even if a new gen of cards is released I expect it to be a slight refresh of the current gen e.g. a 4080 as a 3080 with more memory - I was hoping for a 3080ti but that seems to have been abandoned.

So, I've given up looking for a new GPU, and based on the functionality of my 1080ti I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Though, I accept there's other more immediate real concerns...

Associate
Early last year I decided to go for a full new system by this year following the Christmas rush, based on a functional CPU/motherboard with an expensive GPU. I'm exploring VR and the big GPU expense supported by the rest of the system would be worth it for me.

However, the GPU prices have gone crazy (sorry, stating the obvious). Even a fairly basic build to support a powerful GPU also seems to be unduly expensive.

My ancient build with a 1080ti seems to be the best I can expect at the moment. At this rate, I'm not expecting to get a full new system until mid-late 2021 or early 2022. Even if supply improves, there's a lot of pent up money waiting to be spent on new products, which will inflate prices. Even if a new gen of cards is released I expect it to be a slight refresh of the current gen e.g. a 4080 as a 3080 with more memory - I was hoping for a 3080ti but that seems to have been abandoned.

So, I've given up looking for a new GPU, and based on the functionality of my 1080ti I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Though, I accept there's other more immediate real concerns...

I think it is worth try to catch a 3070 at close to RRP and try flog your 1080Ti on EB, given the high prices of second hand graphics card you will likely be spending the same amount in difference when the price falls. (price of second hand 1080Ti will drop before price of 3070 drops)

Caporegime
I just popped in to have (another) quick "lol".

Getting alerts now for £900 6800s and >£1000 6800xts.

You either laugh or you cry. I'm choosing to laugh. Ho ho ho!

Soldato
I'm actually fine with my R9 390 after selling my 5700XT for £540. I stick to playing League of Legends mainly so it's great. Will consider upgrading once prices come down or when the next gen arrives. Not going to entertain scalpers.

Back
Top Bottom