New essential Android apps thread

Associate
That's a completely different problem. The stable release has not been updated for a good while. I've not had that issue pop up on both my OP7TP and S5e. What phone do you have?

Ah just me clutching at straws then. S10 here.

It's weird, Nova is the default but it's almost like stock realises it's not top dog and takes over the screen. Seemed to do it without even swiping home/back etc while in an app which was more annoying. The other thing that happened was I couldn't access recent apps. I think I did read something about Google 'fixing' something the current version of Android which was out of the Nova devs control.

Soldato
Ah just me clutching at straws then. S10 here.

It's weird, Nova is the default but it's almost like stock realises it's not top dog and takes over the screen. Seemed to do it without even swiping home/back etc while in an app which was more annoying. The other thing that happened was I couldn't access recent apps. I think I did read something about Google 'fixing' something the current version of Android which was out of the Nova devs control.

It's more of a One UI 2.5 issue with 3rd party launchers, I sometimes notice the recents not properly appearing as well on my S5e. On One UI 2 it was fine. Apparently One UI 3.0 fixes it, but last I heard a couple of weeks back it was pulled back for the S10.

Associate
Oh interesting thanks for the insight. I've used Nova for years and it's always been solid for me so I just lived with it for a week or two. Like I said it seems to have gone again now which would fit with it being pulled. Good to know it could be One UI if anything crops up in future though

Soldato
Oh interesting thanks for the insight. I've used Nova for years and it's always been solid for me so I just lived with it for a week or two. Like I said it seems to have gone again now which would fit with it being pulled. Good to know it could be One UI if anything crops up in future though

When I used Nova on the Galaxy S21U it was the dialer app that would cause the launcher to revert to Samsung launcher. So whenever I had a call it would revert. So I downloaded Google dialer and set that to default and the issue went away.

No issues with Nova 7 beta on the Oneplus 8P. Works perfect, smooth as butter.

Last edited:
Soldato
Strange, I've also had some weird behaviour with Nova on my s10e but I'm not running the latest ONEUI yet, occasionally when I "close all" from recently used apps it tries to take me to the wrong launcher. Only been happening the last couple of weeks.

I've installed team viewer and team viewer host so that I can control a mobile that I'm leaving plugged in at a relatives house. The plan is that she can call us and we can then access the phone (which importantly will be on her WiFi network) to then control her TV, lights etc should she need the help.

Team viewer works great, however one big issue is that you have to click allow on the host device which is a no go for us as the phone will left out of sight and she will be unable to click allow.

Shame as the app is ideal.

Anyone know of a remote access app that allows access without having to click anything on the host device?

Soldato
I've installed team viewer and team viewer host so that I can control a mobile that I'm leaving plugged in at a relatives house. The plan is that she can call us and we can then access the phone (which importantly will be on her WiFi network) to then control her TV, lights etc should she need the help.

Team viewer works great, however one big issue is that you have to click allow on the host device which is a no go for us as the phone will left out of sight and she will be unable to click allow.

Shame as the app is ideal.

Anyone know of a remote access app that allows access without having to click anything on the host device?
Did you pay for Teamviewer?

I'm struggling with AnyDesk atm... specifically trying to get it to allow input on Xiaomi devices. I don't mind paying, a one-off ideally, for something that really works but I'm not seeing much atm.

Did you pay for Teamviewer?

I'm struggling with AnyDesk atm... specifically trying to get it to allow input on Xiaomi devices. I don't mind paying, a one-off ideally, for something that really works but I'm not seeing much atm.
nope. i thought it was a paid for thing, but am now not seeing anything that needs to be paid. the host app was free. my login works.

Soldato
Anyone having trouble installing Vanced via vance manager on a Redmi phone?

Installed is getting blocked not sure why. Other apks install fine.

uc

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone having trouble installing Vanced via vance manager on a Redmi phone?

Installed is getting blocked not sure why. Other apks install fine.
uc

The joys of MIUI. You need to go to Settings -> Developer Options and then turn off "Turn On MIUI Optimization", this will allow you to install Vanced. Once it's installed you can turn the setting back on again.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend me a music player that will play music bought on iTunes? I think last time I tried proamp or something like that and the songs wouldn’t show?

Soldato
Can anyone recommend me a music player that will play music bought on iTunes? I think last time I tried proamp or something like that and the songs wouldn’t show?

Is it possible to sync it to Apple Music, and then use Apple Music on Android? I don't have experience with iTunes and Apple Music so not sure if this works.

I remember years ago doubleTwist being a thing but no idea if it will work with paid music: https://www.doubletwist.com/desktop

Back
Top Bottom