What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ahh yes of course now I properly understand what you mean. Yeah that may well change I guess, I paid the exact price shown on the website for the recent order and didn't get any customs bill or VAT invoice :D

Associate
Lucky so and so!:D

It's not that I mind paying the VAT - it's just the palava of paying it then working out how I'd claim it back if I was to return the watch - hence the question about UK stockist/dealer that I could visit when we're permitted to.... I wonder if it's worth an e-mail to their customer services team to ask about the process...?

(Also - as an owner - what's your opinion of the aquascaphe? )

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'd definitely send them an email via the webform, they usually respond quite quickly but as with anything does depend on how busy things are.

As for the watch, I don't have the blue gilt version so cannot speak of the lume or bezel of that model, though the SB01 I have has been excellent and I've had no issues with it. I got the beads of rice bracelet to go with it too which is quite high quality but having liked tropic straps so much now I just leave that on all the time as it fits in with the vintage style and is comfortable.

The one thing I will say is with the movement, if you have never owned a watch with a Miyota 9000 series movement then do note that it has an audible winding rotor. You will notice it when you drive your car and turn the wheel, or quickly move your wrist indoors etc. Some people don't like a noisy movement whilst others do. I sit in the latter group and to me it's a bit of character in something analogue. The noise isn't distractingly loud, but is just audible compared to the silent rotors of ETA/Seiko etc. Otherwise the movement is very accurate and come regulated and adjusted with a little accuracy printed receipt from their workshop.

If you go for the blue gilt then see if you can change to the blue rubber strap instead of the black one which it comes with by default. Might need to mention this in the webform too. The blue strap matches the blue dial and bezel insert much nicer so not sure why they only have the black strap without the option to change it.

Edit*
The bronze has come back all good :cool:

day-1_2021.02.11_1412-10_00002.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Beauty!

For anyone following my Speedy strap adjustment screwdriver saga, I have found a Bergeon 1.8mm that the seller wants £99.95 for compared to regular £9.95 because they are short on stock. Can't find anything else suitable but definitely not paying that! :eek:

"These are both currently out of stock hence the higher price but when they are at the normal price it means there back in stock.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bergeon-...523486?hash=item3d6d49455e:g:k9MAAOSwrz9bUa75

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bergeon-...654449?hash=item3d4d9597f1:g:CBgAAOSw-09Z~EUE"

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
£99 for a screwdriver!!! I bought a precision screwdriver set which seems to be high quality which has the right size heads for watch screws etc and that was around £30!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
They are good quality for sure, also check out the seatbelt/Herringbone/Henwick series NATOs as they are even nicer quality feeling with a premium gleam to them as light hits.

Soldato
Cheers, I've gone for one of the Herringbone ones on that. Have also gone for a Vintage Bond premium (same model as I was originally looking at, but vintage bond colouring). Will be good to compare materials and feel between the two.

Soldato
Cheers, I've gone for one of the Herringbone ones on that. Have also gone for a Vintage Bond premium (same model as I was originally looking at, but vintage bond colouring). Will be good to compare materials and feel between the two.
The swiss style ones are good quality and the movable first keeper is a great idea, but the metal keepers are huge and stick out quite a bit. I bought one of these, and they're really nice but I wish the keepers were slimmer so that the strap had less space to move once you've slipped it through.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I put the Baltic tropic strap up for sale today and within an hour was sold for £21 + postage. Not bad considering Baltic sell directly for £26 :cool:

I think I have a new favourite daily wear, the Hamilton is 2nd spot and the Bronze takes top spot. Just looks real nice in natural light and has already gone slightly darker.

wristshot_car.jpg

patina_pre__close.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
The swiss style ones are good quality and the movable first keeper is a great idea, but the metal keepers are huge and stick out quite a bit. I bought one of these, and they're really nice but I wish the keepers were slimmer so that the strap had less space to move once you've slipped it through.

Interesting, I'll see how I get on with it hopefully I won't find the keepers too big. I got a dispatch notice from DPD delivery for Monday. But it's out for delivery now, unusual!

Soldato
I put the Baltic tropic strap up for sale today and within an hour was sold for £21 + postage. Not bad considering Baltic sell directly for £26 :cool:

I think I have a new favourite daily wear, the Hamilton is 2nd spot and the Bronze takes top spot. Just looks real nice in natural light and has already gone slightly darker.

wristshot_car.jpg

That's very nice. Really liking the blue theme. May need to check out this brand!

Soldato
Cleaned my Omega this afternoon in preparation for now straps! It hasn't really had a proper clean since I got it, 5 and half years ago. Warm water mixed with a little bit of washing up liquid and cotton buds, worked around the bezel and lugs. Avoiding the face.

Absolutely love the quality of the Vintage Bond Swiss Style Premium NATO, keepers are chunkier and thicker. I can see how if you were using this on a thinner watch, it might look a little odd.

VLSWxqu.jpg

Once they have stock in, I'll definitely be ordering the same strap in black and grey stripes.

JR5c0aI.jpg

OZUq9OA.jpg

The Herringbone in grey straps is also nice, not as premium feeling, but softer and lighter to wear. Not much of a fan of the branding being engraved on the bottom keeper though.

qWo8lXx.jpg

Amazing how different the Omega feels and looks on the wrist not on the bracelet. First time it's had the bracelet off. Very refreshing.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Someone on WUS has had one for a while and his patina looks like this:

YISK9ud.jpg

Says he never takes it off lol.

I suspected the hands were bronze too and going by his, it certainly appears that way!

Edit*

That NATO looks good on the Omega, with regards to cleaning,you can clean the face as well, it's a dive watch there's nothing to damage. I wash mine with soap under a tap :cool:

Back
Top Bottom