Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Soldato
It'll probably be something stupid like they haven't plugged in the oil level/temp sensor properly - hopefully a 20 minute job. If it was anything more than that, I think the dash would light up with more Christmas lights.

pretty much this! It was the 2 pin plug to the oil sensor faulty

got it back now and running like a dream, well until the fuel light came on!

Soldato
Glad it’s finally sorted, hope you have a trouble free run now

Ah good news! Now, time to drain that fuel tank....

Cheers guys! All seems fine. Just had a spin to Uttoxeter and it got up to “motorway speed” as it should!! Forgot how much of a rocketship this car is!!

will give it a good run to Oxford, for work next week

Soldato
So... a bit annoyed today.

Cleaning the interior and I notice that the centre console has a chunk of paint missing near to the button to open the console storage. Looking at it more closely, there is bubbling around the button too. Has anyone had this before?

It is of course a minor issue and I have ways to resolve it, but just wondered if it is a common thing?

Soldato
So... a bit annoyed today.

Cleaning the interior and I notice that the centre console has a chunk of paint missing near to the button to open the console storage. Looking at it more closely, there is bubbling around the button too. Has anyone had this before?

It is of course a minor issue and I have ways to resolve it, but just wondered if it is a common thing?
I missed what car this was - and what interior type?

Soldato
So the verdict on my battery is that is is at 66% life and that's why the stop start has stopped working. The car does not see the stop start as a priority over other systems and so to keep the car running correctly it has switched it off. I can run the car like this for a bit without harming anything I am told so I shall do. The battery is £270 but my mechanic is not going to charge to fit it. I am glad as taking apart the passenger side of the dash underneath was not something I was looking forward too. I will book it in soon with him.

Soldato
So the verdict on my battery is that is is at 66% life and that's why the stop start has stopped working. The car does not see the stop start as a priority over other systems and so to keep the car running correctly it has switched it off. I can run the car like this for a bit without harming anything I am told so I shall do. The battery is £270 but my mechanic is not going to charge to fit it. I am glad as taking apart the passenger side of the dash underneath was not something I was looking forward too. I will book it in soon with him.
Sounds legit. My Jag always disabled stop start because the dash cam kept sipping juice.

Really factor in the cost benefit of stop start and 270 quid in your wallet, though... I wouldn't bother.

Soldato
Sounds legit. My Jag always disabled stop start because the dash cam kept sipping juice.

Really factor in the cost benefit of stop start and 270 quid in your wallet, though... I wouldn't bother.

The battery will get worse though and other systems will start to not work. I also want to keep everything working as best as I can. Next up on the to do list is sort the alloys out and then get some of the paintwork looked at...maybe.

Soldato
The battery will get worse though and other systems will start to not work. I also want to keep everything working as best as I can. Next up on the to do list is sort the alloys out and then get some of the paintwork looked at...maybe.
Yeah fair enough. 66% sounds loads though!

Back
Top Bottom