• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
They haven't built a solid reliable controller since the 360. Xbone ones don't last, even the audio jack doesn't last 6 months. Elites are pathetic for the money. So many people/friends have had replacements already. Surely these things are stress tested for longer than a week!

All my Xbox controllers are fine and two of them get chucked around by my kids almost daily. To the point where the batteries fall out after the back comes off. They're still fine so maybe I'm just extremely lucky, but I sincerely doubt it's that! I find that they're very well built.

Soldato
So my Series X has shipped from Game.
frustratingly it started approximately 2 miles away and has travelled to Portsmouth (about 270 miles away) depot (Royal Mail) and will Saturday be returned to my local depot for delivery.. such a waste

Associate
Not sure if i am just incredibly unlucky, but my THIRDS controller has now developed the sticky trigger issue.

I have had two where it has gone on the right one and this latest replacement has just started doing it on the left. Seems like lots of people are suffering from this after googling it.

Do MS have a serious design flaw on their hands here?
I think a lawsuit has been filed against them regarding this? I'm on my second Elite V2, it is such a shame as it feels
qreat and has some solid features. Just seems really cheap components that fail. For such a premium price the warranty should be longer.

My first V2 controller suffered from minor stick drift and poor response from the A and Y buttons. So shipped it back. Got it back, no stick drift but now one of the paddles 'feels' different (as in doesn't click and needs to be pressed in harder) and does not respond as well. Oh and it now powers off for no reason when it wants to mid game. I was lucky to buy this with a amazon gift voucher from a works birthday gift, otherwise would have been miffed. Defo would not bother buying another if one appears down the road. Peoples mileage varies from what I gather as we tend to focus on the negatives when reading reviews. But I do feel they are poorly made.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The one thing they brought it which wasn’t needed is quick resume. Half the time the games don’t like it and need a forced restart.

Cold War always needs restarting as if you turn off Xbox after playing it then it loads with no sound the next day. It ends up taking more time to get back into it!

Man of Honour
The one thing they brought it which wasn’t needed is quick resume. Half the time the games don’t like it and need a forced restart.

Cold War always needs restarting as if you turn off Xbox after playing it then it loads with no sound the next day. It ends up taking more time to get back into it!

I’d like to have the option to turn it off to get that 40GB of storage back, that would be a huge difference on the S.

As you say, it rarely works and even adds time to loading a game. It being unreliable also means I’m concerned that when I swap games I will lose progress.

Caporegime
I think a lawsuit has been filed against them regarding this? I'm on my second Elite V2, it is such a shame as it feels
qreat and has some solid features. Just seems really cheap components that fail. For such a premium price the warranty should be longer.

My first V2 controller suffered from minor stick drift and poor response from the A and Y buttons. So shipped it back. Got it back, no stick drift but now one of the paddles 'feels' different (as in doesn't click and needs to be pressed in harder) and does not respond as well. Oh and it now powers off for no reason when it wants to mid game. I was lucky to buy this with a amazon gift voucher from a works birthday gift, otherwise would have been miffed. Defo would not bother buying another if one appears down the road. Peoples mileage varies from what I gather as we tend to focus on the negatives when reading reviews. But I do feel they are poorly made.

I opened up the side today to have a look....

I cant actually believe they design them this way -

20210212-162544.jpg

They have the thinnest little adhesive pad, which is obviously going to get damaged/moved with use and this controller is only a month or so old and the pad is wrecked (and therefore the adhesive is sticking to the trigger). Maybe it is because i play racing games a lot (which involve a lot of right and left trigger holds and movement)

I am shocked at how flimsy the design is here. Pretty shocking.

Seems to be a massive issue -

https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox/comments/jt8jw3/xbox_series_x_controller_sticking_trigger/

Soldato
So, i decided to try cod cw on screen disabling all the nice goodies like vrr and allm and 120hz, to see how id feel going through receiver again.

Can absolutely feel the loss of those things. Likely only a problem for mp games.

But have receiver and 5.1 sound that is going to waste being connected to my pc only (used to have pc, xbox and ps4 connected)

Soldato

Have to agree.

Warzone is the same.

Quick resume never works always crashes and have to reload

Caporegime
So you’re dissing the entire feature because of one game? I think it works brilliantly.
A few games, Warzone, Cold war, and Fora Horizon 4 was stuck in a crash loop the other day when i reopened it.

Depends on gaming habits, jumping from game to game i guess it makes sense but when i power down and come back to a game 3 days later then it doesnt offer any benefit, in fact the opposite

Soldato
My OCD ignores the quick resume feature..

I have a habit of closing down every game I play and start from scratch in loading up, can’t help it..and at this moment in time I have a lot of it, so waiting a few extra seconds doesn’t bother me. :D

Man of Honour
So you’re dissing the entire feature because of one game? I think it works brilliantly.

None of the Yakuza games support it, it causes glitches in Darksiders, and it crashes Halo on resume if you were in the multiplayer menus.

There are also at least 3 other games from Game Pass that I have tried that don’t support it.

You also have no notification when it deletes the save state of a game so you need to always manually save your games anyway.

Back
Top Bottom