EVGA Supernova 750 G2L Replacement cables

Associate
Buddy has one of these Supernova 750 G2L's in his machine, but did not get all the cables with it from the guy who originally built it :rolleyes::(

Just got him a GTX 2080ti and now it turns out he's short a couple of cables for it, doh!

He tried through EVGA, but without proof of purchase they wont send anything obviously, not entirely sure why they didn't try and sell him something though.

So i'm hoping you guys might have some good recommendations on where to go to pick up the cables he needs fairly quickly, which as far as I can tell is 2x PCIe 8 pin cables (6+2 variety) Existing GPU is i believe connected via one 8 pin plug.

This of course being one of the PSU models that had the silly LED lights in the back plate area, so all of the sockets are pretty much the same, and seem propitiatory to that model of PSUs

https://www.evga.com/articles/01050/evga-850-750-g2l-power-supplies/

any help appreciated

Man of Honour
EVGA G2/P2/T2 are the same you can find some on the bay

8pin pcie Black Sleeved Power Supply Cable EVGA E-Series G3 / G2 / P2 / T2

Make sure you check i have compatability correct.

Associate
OP
yeah, they look different, the regular G2 range used the same sockets as those others you mentioned, but the G2L with the stupid LEDs used a different socket/plug......

this is going to be a pain in the ar*e... anyone got a 750+ watt psu lying around? :rolleyes: :p

Associate
OP
ok, so it looks like the units were built by Super Flower which opens up my searching a LOT

Found a set that claimed full compatibility with the following:
Super Flower Leadex 80 Plus Gold (550/650/750/850/1000/1300 Watt)
EVGA SuperNova G2L (750/850 watts)
Super Flower Leadex 80 Plus Platinum (550/650/750/850/1000/1200 watt)

And partial compatibility with these (some cables were hard wired on these):
SuperFlower Golden Silent 80 Plus Gold Fanless power supply - 430 Watt
SuperFlower Golden Silent 80 Plus Platinum Fanless power supply - 500 Watt

Which I think means these will work....
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/super-flower-braided-cable-kit-white-ca-053-sf.html

anyone have any thoughts?

Associate
OP
looks like my buddy got lucky, original builder of the pc was able to come up with one of the cables, although i think we may grab a cheap psu off ebay at some point just for the cables !!

@Grimley, yeah, thanks for the heads up, it would not surprise me if they had changed a couple of the pin-outs to make life awkward !

Last edited:
Associate
OP
we're sorted :)

managed to get some of the spare cables from the original owner, and as it happens that's worked out good for another of our work colleagues who needed a cpu cable for his leadex psu with the same plugs!! :rolleyes:
so my next job will be cross checking to make sure the pin-outs are correct, so i'll post back with the info after i've tested them.

Associate
OP
just following up on this, in case anyone else is looking at the same issue.

So, the extra cable we got for my buddies build (CPU cable 2x4pin) was an EVGA one, and his PSU was a Super Flower Leadex 1kw with the same square 9 pin clear (illuminated) modular plugs.

On inspecting the cable compared to an original 2x4pin Super Flower one, I found one pin out difference between the two 9 pin plugs, however the pins involved both went to Ground pins on the 4 pin plugs, so it made no difference at all in reality

Man of Honour
Hey, I know this is 10 years old and prob won't answer but I just bought an 850w g2l and can't find the cpu psu cable anywhere, would a evga 4+4 work then?

EVGA use multiple OEMs so I'd be very careful, you could try asking a custom cable manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom