*** HP Reverb G2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Have any of the owners here had reason to return a faulty headset back to HP directly? I've been reading accounts of owners being charged a restocking fee when they've chosen to ask for a refund rather than go through the RMA process which has put me off of taking the plunge.
If it's within 30 days, then legally they have to give you a full refund if your item is faulty and you choose to reject it. After that, you have to give them a chance to repair or replace.

Not sure why you'd choose the refund given how much they're going for on ebay, mind!

Associate
If it's within 30 days, then legally they have to give you a full refund if your item is faulty and you choose to reject it. After that, you have to give them a chance to repair or replace.

Not sure why you'd choose the refund given how much they're going for on ebay, mind!

Thank you. I wasn't aware of that 30 day rule so that's good to know.

Soldato
Anyone with the G1 still mind checking what 100% set manually in the openXR for wmr developer app (not steam OXR) results in resolution target wise?

Just curious whether the change in approach of wmr headsets 100% = ideal render res rather than 100% = base render res only applies to the G2 in OXR or whether they’ve updated the approach globally.

Associate
Does anyone know, off the top of your head, is there a way to not have to setup the guardian *every* time you power on and wear the headset? I want to bypass it and go straight to the house. I don't need a boundary setup as I only play sims with my g2.

Soldato
Does anyone know, off the top of your head, is there a way to not have to setup the guardian *every* time you power on and wear the headset? I want to bypass it and go straight to the house. I don't need a boundary setup as I only play sims with my g2.

yeah just don’t set up a boundary, all you’ll have is a small prompt on the WMR portal that “you haven’t set boundaries and you must be careful you silly sauage”... slight paraphrasing but that’s the gist.

Associate
Ordered Friday, arriving Monday... currently with Parcelforce. If you've got an order with Systemactive it's probably worth trying HP direct and cancelling the other order.

Associate
Mine has arrived this morning (10:00) had a quick go installing but initially didn't work when it was connected into my USB C slot. Managed to then connect via the USB B dongle and then started working, but have not been able to try any further due to work meetings :(

Associate
Mine doesn't arrive until 16:00! Really looking forward to comparing it to the Rift S. I've seen plenty of videos and reviews but until you see it for yourself it's hard to know what level of improvement to expect.

Back
Top Bottom