Let down by tech...

Associate
Just a bit of a rant really. I hate it when tech lets you down. And when it does, why does it feel like there's some sort of supernatural conspiracy, rather than simply tech just failing to do what it's supposed to do?

My wife was helping my son on his paper round this morning. It's a big, two-bag job on a Saturday, so she took him in the car as the weather is a bit rubbish. And they had a run in with an Asda delivery driver at 8am. Asda-man approached from behind, just as my son was getting back into the car having delivered a paper. It was narrow road. You know the sort - cars parked on either side, half on the pavements, with room for one car to travel at a time, unless there's a break in the parked cars.

Asda-man mounted the kerb, driving on the pavement, with our car on his left, just as my son was getting in the off-side rear passenger door. Nearly hitting him in the process!

He then proceeded to stop in front of them. Get out the van. And casually walk over to them and started to hurl abuse at them!

We have a dashcam and I've just downloaded all the footage and I have everything leading up to the incident and everything after it. And for some unknown reason nothing of the actual event itself. It has literally not recorded just the bit we need. Footage is automatically recorded in 2 minute files and the (probably) 2 files I need are nowhere. There isn't even a gap in the file names. It simply hasn't recorded them.

It can't be 'one of those things'. This is intentional. The tech gremlins are at it again!

Agghhh!

Soldato
Paper round in the car because its cold? Lol
That's the story they tell him :p

Edit: just to be clear I was insinuating she was having an affair not the son an.......nevermind. :eek:

Sounds unlucky though. Asda driver must have been having a bad day. Hopefully lessons learnt on both sides.

Soldato
If the delivery driver mounted the kerb, that implies your wife could have done the same thing to pull over, thus not blocking the road. Sounds like laziness, which is further verified by the fact that you use a car to do a paper round.

Does sound like an over reaction on the Asda delivery driver side, but sounds like both parties at fault.

Time for a new dash cam, or memory card OP.

Soldato
We have a dashcam and I've just downloaded all the footage and I have everything leading up to the incident and everything after it. And for some unknown reason nothing of the actual event itself. It has literally not recorded just the bit we need. Footage is automatically recorded in 2 minute files and the (probably) 2 files I need are nowhere. There isn't even a gap in the file names. It simply hasn't recorded them.

It can't be 'one of those things'. This is intentional. The tech gremlins are at it again!

Agghhh!
My Thinkware F770 dashcam does this misses out time between the files :(
(not happy with it being a pretty pricey dashcam )

What dashcam is yours ?

Soldato
If you got the reg, you can make a complaint.

They take this quite seriously, so if you believe you were not in the wrong Asda will check the footage from the van as they all have CCTV/Audio Recording.

Back
Top Bottom