Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [12th - 17th Feb 2021]

Caporegime
We're in massive trouble and when you look at how we're playing it's probably fair to say Salah's carrying us now. If he gets injured, we're absolutely screwed because Mane's form has fallen off a cliff and Firmino's finished at the highest level. Good flick today but his general play isn't up to it anymore.

Still have no idea what Klopp was thinking taking Jones off but if he does that again it needs to be for a defender so Henderson moves back in to midfield. Should've been Thiago going off, we look weaker as a team when he plays. Oustanding on the ball but he's wreckless when he tries to win the ball back and he's way too slow to close down and cover his teammates.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
With everything he is having to deal with in his personal life, this must all be so tough for Klopp. I almost think he could do with some compassionate leave time for his own mental welfare as this is all sort of one downer on top of another at the moment. Feel for the guy.

Soldato
He's saying the ball hadn't been played when they measured the offside. It was pretty easy to understand.
Ahhhh he is complaining that Madison hadn't hit the ball? They obviously chose the closest relevant frame. Bizarre complaint given the frame rate used for broadcasting produces an element of greyness.

Don
Ahhhh he is complaining that Madison hadn't hit the ball?
Yes, I know his English isn't perfect but I thought that was crystal clear.

I've not looked at it again so I can't comment whether he had played the ball but they're not meant to simply choose the closest frame, they're meant to use the one as soon as the ball has been played.

Soldato
Yes, I know his English isn't perfect but I thought that was crystal clear.

I've not looked at it again so I can't comment whether he had played the ball but they're not meant to simply choose the closest frame, they're meant to use the one as soon as the ball has been played.

BT analysis just agreed with VAR decision. There are 24 frames per second they are choosing from so the frame choice is already pretty accurate.

Leicester played ridiculously well; I wish Klopp was a little more complimentary.

Soldato
This game unfortubately really validates Jose's approach to football...in the big matches, the deciders are normally from mistakes.

Leicester scored from 2 Liverpool mistakes and nullified Liverpool's standard attacks. It took some individual brilliance for the Liverpool goal, despite the usual control and dominance of the ball b

Man of Honour
I'm not sure they played particularly well. If we don't implode they don't win the game.

I would agree with that, Leicester didnt win the game, Liverpool lost the game. Its a subtle difference but a difference all the same. I think had Kabak/Allison not had their moment it would have ended as 1-1

Don
This game unfortubately really validates Jose's approach to football...
He's got Spurs in 8th place :confused: It's not exactly a one off either, is it? He failed to challenge for the title at Utd with this approach too.

He's a percentage manager, a top of the table Allardyce. His overly cautious approach to bigger games or the final 20 mins vs smaller sides worked for him in years gone by but has come unstuck when he's come up against top sides with proactive managers that look to win every game. I can recall a lot of "Jose was right" chat after Liverpool beat City at Anfield in their 100 point season - supposedly had City been more cautious that day, like Jose was with Utd, they could have got a point too. Maybe they could have but maybe if they took that approach in all their big away games they wouldn't have picked up 12 points from 12 away to Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs too.

Don
If we persist with Henderson at the back I don't think we will which then makes me think how many players FSG will look to sell in the summer and how many will want to leave.
Are we persisting or do we just have no choice? A lot of people thought it was a mistake not to throw Kabak in vs City last week but we saw today with the breakdown in communication for their 2nd goal the risks of just throwing players into the side. And I sure as hell didn't want to see Phillips vs Vardy today. If we're defending the edge of our 18 yard box and heading things away then fine, play Phillips but up against a side who you know are just looking to run in behind? Not for me.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but Davies is ****ing injured now too. Our central defensive options today were Kabak, Henderson, Phillips and Williams :/

Soldato
With everything he is having to deal with in his personal life, this must all be so tough for Klopp. I almost think he could do with some compassionate leave time for his own mental welfare as this is all sort of one downer on top of another at the moment. Feel for the guy.
I think it's strange the club hasn't told him he has to.

Soon as that news broke should have been Klopp least gets few weeks off and assistant manager takes over, regardless of our position in table or struggles.

He lost his mum he should be having time off

fez

fez

Caporegime
Spurs are looking lazy and far too attack minded. Very un-Mourinho. Pretty sure this is what happened near the end at United. He gives up and gives fans what they want to spite them. "Look what happens when they just attack"

Soldato
I've seen some people blaming Alisson for the 2nd goal but that's completely Kabak's fault. That's Alisson's ball to clear and even if Alisson doesn't come out, all Kabak done was intercept the ball straight to Vardy which would have been a 1 on 1 anyway.

Not sure I agree. Kabaka's eyes were on the ball and he had the situation under control, how was he meant to know that Alisson was coming haring out? If Alisson was screaming his head off then I agree it's Kabak's fault, but from the video that doesn't appear to be the case.

Soldato
I think it's strange the club hasn't told him he has to.

Soon as that news broke should have been Klopp least gets few weeks off and assistant manager takes over, regardless of our position in table or struggles.

He lost his mum he should be having time off

I'm not saying he shouldn't have any time off, but when I lost my mum and dad, I never had any compassionate leave from work (two different places), it was never available and never offered.

Soldato
The problem with spurs is that every other team runs faster and sprints more than them. There was a really interesting article on it - if spurs are running less compared to another team it means that they are overloaded more often when defending and in turn attack with less potency.

Back
Top Bottom