NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
Well that is disappointing. An obsession over a NIC speed most people dont need. I have a gigabyte motherboard now, Z170 Gaming 7, it has the commonc creative sound issue of full 100 sound and distortion at random intervals. Ony solved by going with a USB DAC. I was willing to give gigabyte a pass but another bad implementation of a different feature means no way.

Soldato
Well that is disappointing. An obsession over a NIC speed most people dont need. I have a gigabyte motherboard now, Z170 Gaming 7, it has the commonc creative sound issue of full 100 sound and distortion at random intervals. Ony solved by going with a USB DAC. I was willing to give gigabyte a pass but another bad implementation of a different feature means no way.
To be fair, it seems more like a Realtek issue rather than just a Gigabyte issue. They should have just used an Intel Gigabit NIC. Who needs 2.5Gb?!

Associate
To be fair, it seems more like a Realtek issue rather than just a Gigabyte issue. They should have just used an Intel Gigabit NIC. Who needs 2.5Gb?!
Exactly my point earlier in the thread that 2.5GB is not needed and i'd heard realtek LANs were one's to avoid but didnt know it was this much of an issue. Presumably Intel one doesn't have issues i take it? Which means Asus Strix B550I or ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming? Or X570

Soldato
OP
People with 3090's in these things, how are you getting on with the power supply? Only powerful SFX PSU i've seen is 750w and lot of reviews seem to suggest even a 3080 is pushing the boundries of 750w.

Really?

3080 is a 320W card. Even allowing a 20% overhead, there's >350W left for the rest of the system. With the 3090 (350W), you'd have >300W left. Only thing I'd be wary of is overclocking the top performing CPUs. 10900K can climb over 200W without much bother (which should still be fine, but moving out of comfortable territory).

Associate
I’ve completed by build in the NR200P.

MB: Gigabyte B550i AORUS PRO AX.

I have the 2 stock fans fitted at the top of my case, plugged into SYS_FAN1
The NZXT X63 (3 pin connector from cooler) plugged into CPU_FAN
2 fans on 280mm radiator plugged into SYS_FAN2 (using the provided fan power ext cable).

is this the correct way to rig X63 with GB B550i?

everything seems to be working fine, all fans spinning. However, in my BIOS I’m only seeing the fan readings for CPU_FAN and SYS_ FAN2, not SYS_FAN1 (the one that the stock fans are plugged into?

confused, new builder here :(

Associate
For the difference in price between the Gigabyte and Asus, I could just utilise a USB gigabit ethernet adapter and still get the Gigabyte over the Asus. The Asus is a bit stingy on the USB and I like the integrated IO Shield on the Aorus over the lack of one on Asus. Also looking at X570 but i'm not a fan of tiny fans on boards.

Soldato
For the difference in price between the Gigabyte and Asus, I could just utilise a USB gigabit ethernet adapter and still get the Gigabyte over the Asus. The Asus is a bit stingy on the USB and I like the integrated IO Shield on the Aorus over the lack of one on Asus. Also looking at X570 but i'm not a fan of tiny fans on boards.
You might not even have any issues with the NIC on the Gigabyte board. I haven’t so far.

Associate
People with 3090's in these things, how are you getting on with the power supply? Only powerful SFX PSU i've seen is 750w and lot of reviews seem to suggest even a 3080 is pushing the boundries of 750w.

I have a 3090 and it's completely fine. People massively overestimate peak power draw for these parts. I bet you could get away with 650W even. 750W is more than enough.

Associate
I have always liked ASUS and I only avoided it in this case because of the tiny fan. But I regret it this time.

I honestly don't think you need more than a single case fan if you're not overclocking. Maybe you are if you're on this forum !

Soldato
The tiny fan on the Asus is fine, I don’t think it even spins most of the time in my set up, certainly haven’t picked up any tiny whiny fan noise anyway.

Associate
I think Razer has a left handed deathadder, i know some friends who are left handed who still use the mouse with the right hand. I personally prefer Logitech mice but i'm right handed and like the right handed mice, there are ambidextrous mice but if you want a left handed mouse (as in ergonomically designed for lefties) the Razer Deathadder is the only one I know of from a reputable brand.

For keyboards, I'd avoid Corsair on the basis that the keycaps are trash. I bought a Corsair K70 Lux and have had to buy the double shot PBT keycaps as a £40 addition after the fact as the original keycaps were breaking so often and buying individual keys off Ebay was making it seem more beneficial to just buy the double shot PBT keycap set from OCUK and do a full replacement. Much better typing experience.

As a leftie, if you get a desk mouse pad (super large one) then you'll benefit from the logo normally being on the right so it wont get in your way.

thanks for the advice. I ended up with a razer viper ambidextrous mouse and a huntsman mini 60% keyboard which sit on top of a extended razer Goliathus chroma, which I'm happy with :)

Back
Top Bottom