What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
The Last Man (2019) 4/10 low budget but Harvey Kiettel and Hayden Christiansen put in decent enough performances. I think it needed a better scriptwriter and a little more budget to do justice to what it was trying to achieve. It wasn't terrible but not good.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Game Night: 7/10

Think this is a couple years old now but wanted to enjoy a senseless movie for a change. It's your usual predictable Jason Bateman fare but it was actually really well put together and filmed. While you've seen it all before it was just enough ridiculous to be funny.

Soldato
Just saw Mark Kermode's take on Greenland:

I have no idea what movie he was watching but it wasn't the same one as I watched... did someone have a gun to his head?

The only way you could come to that conclusion really is if you watched the first 20 minutes or so, skipped to the end (which was OK but not amazing and lacked any pay off) and missed the bulk of the movie.

The only thing he watched three times was maybe the trailer.
He also gave Wonder Woman 84, 4 it of 5 stars. He's lost all credibility as a critic to me.

Soldato
The Fifth Element 7.5/10.

Just got it a few days ago on 4K UHD with Dolby Atmos. It looks great, but I don't think it looks that much better than the Bluray. The DTS-MA soundtrack of the Bluray is way better than the Atmos one. I am a little disappointed in the 4K version to be honest.

As for the film itself, well, I always enjoy watching it.

Caporegime
Soul

Pixar's latest, a sort of follow on rather than sequel to Inside Out, delivered with characteristic charm, emotion, and quality. It feels like Pixar are moving more and more into exploring philosophical ideas that interest them and away from making films aimed primarily at children. In fact, this one doesn't really feel like a kids movie at all.

Watch it 9/10

Soldato
Shazam 7/10

Watched this tonight and I get why people might not like it at all. But, I thought it was fun. A Superhero movie that doesn't take itself seriously. It made me laugh and kept me entertained for a couple of hours.

The CGI was poor in some places too, like the Actors not even remotely close to looking in the direction of the monster they were talking to. Or at times when Monsters were interacting with the humans looked a bit off, not quite lined up correctly.

But, it's still a very watchable movie, a different take on the Superhero genre that won't tax the brain and might even give you a chuckle or two.

Back
Top Bottom