RMA of Rog Strix Z390 F Gaming

Associate
Hello,

I am in the process of returning my motherboard to scan the board went pop one day as I turned it on.

It turns out that one of the MOSFET’s had unfortunately blown (see pic). I notified scan of my findings and I sent the board back.

Today, I received an email stating that the pins on the cpu socket are damaged and that they have rejected my RMA. The pins were not damaged in any way when I sent them back. You can even see my cpu cooler is still on during bench testing.

Does anyone have any advice as where to go next? Even IF my pins were bent, this would not blow a MOSFET.

Thank you in advance.

https://imgbb.com/7W75j1X
https://ibb.co/Xt3W1DY
https://ibb.co/j3CjQSw
VWG2PN2

ySHRP6H

7W75j1X

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Unfortunately this is pretty common (if you Google it, there are many examples, few with resolution), you could try contacting their reps on the care forum or social media. But, whatever you do, don't ask for pictures. If there are only a few bent pins you may be able to fix them yourself and RMA with the manufacturer.

By the way, you can't mention competitor names here.

Associate
OP
Unfortunately this is pretty common (if you Google it, there are many examples, few with resolution), you could try contacting their reps on the care forum or social media. But, whatever you do, don't ask for pictures. If there are only a few bent pins you may be able to fix them yourself and RMA with the manufacturer.

By the way, you can't mention competitor names here.

No problem, I understand.

They did send me photos. 5/6 pins are bent completely back on themselves. Genuinely never seen pins damaged like that before.

Associate
Twitter it, they will generally be kinder on twitter where it is visible to everyone. I would also try to bypass them and go straight to manufacturer and ask just for the MOSFET to be replaced and see what happens, Intel mobo's pins and so fragile easily bent, makes me super nervous whenever I had to take CPU out of the motherboard.

Moving to CPU is a lot better since the CPU pins are just a bit more solid than the mobo springs.

Soldato
Do you believe they did it when testing? Ask them if they attached a cooler to it. Unethical, but sign up for a new account with a different email, buy the same board with the 48 hour no quibble protection and then send in the borked one!

Man of Honour
Do you believe they did it when testing? Ask them if they attached a cooler to it. Unethical, but sign up for a new account with a different email, buy the same board with the 48 hour no quibble protection and then send in the borked one!
They record the serial numbers of everything they send out, even £50 graphics cards, so I don't think that would work anyway.

Permabanned
TBH I don't know why they would reject something like this. They should always give customers the benefit of the doubt, I mean why the heck would they care anyway?

Back
Top Bottom