Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Soldato
A mate of mine has a large echoey office, so he got a load of the acoustic panels, but immediately hated the look of them. So he had some classic album covers printed on cheap material, and stuck them on top of the foam panels with hot glue. They turned out pretty well actually! Think I'll try that when I repaint my own office later in the year.

Soldato
Thanks for your help again. Gave a presentation today and they commented on the audio being a lot crisper

rK3N865.jpg
PNOIaUu.jpg

I love how it looks behind the screens, not sure on the side walls yet, it might grow on me or I might add some thing in the gaps

Standard LED strip behind desk? Liking how much warmer the room looks in the second set of pics.

Soldato
A mate of mine has a large echoey office, so he got a load of the acoustic panels, but immediately hated the look of them. So he had some classic album covers printed on cheap material, and stuck them on top of the foam panels with hot glue. They turned out pretty well actually! Think I'll try that when I repaint my own office later in the year.
Sounds like a good cheaper alternative to printed panels from the likes of GIKacoustics.

Soldato
Thanks for your help again. Gave a presentation today and they commented on the audio being a lot crisper

rK3N865.jpg
PNOIaUu.jpg

I love how it looks behind the screens, not sure on the side walls yet, it might grow on me or I might add some thing in the gaps

Looks a lovely place to work, congrats. Good work on the cable management as well.

Soldato
Love all the ideas in here. Annoyingly the white Alex drawer units are out of stock at the moment and not looking to be back any time soon!

I need a larger desk now I've got this ultra wide screen. it looks naff on my current desk (which was supposed to be a stop-gap desk when I broke my last one moving and I just never got around to getting one)

Totally aiming to copy something like this. Just looks like such a relaxing place to be!

But currently I just have this lower than budget set up...

image0.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Love all the ideas in here. Annoyingly the white Alex drawer units are out of stock at the moment and not looking to be back any time soon!

I need a larger desk now I've got this ultra wide screen. it looks naff on my current desk (which was supposed to be a stop-gap desk when I broke my last one moving and I just never got around to getting one)

Totally aiming to copy something like this. Just looks like such a relaxing place to be!

But currently I just have this lower than budget set up...

image0.jpg
That looks like a good little office space to me.

Personally with that, I'd screw battens into the 3 walls and put some wooden kitchen counter top ~900mm deep (can sometimes find cheap offcuts left over from an installation on Gumtree) on top of it, so that it's flush with the ledge on the left.

Then you wouldn't have legs so it would look really neat and give you maximum space.

Associate
Any strong opinions on standing desks? I really struggle to find a comfortable seating position, even with a hair that offers plenty of adjustments. We're moving soon and I'm considering a adjustable desk to I can switch between sitting and standing to alleviate some of the shoulder pain I seem to get.

Any recommendations or things i should be considering?

Soldato
Any strong opinions on standing desks? I really struggle to find a comfortable seating position, even with a hair that offers plenty of adjustments. We're moving soon and I'm considering a adjustable desk to I can switch between sitting and standing to alleviate some of the shoulder pain I seem to get.

I put a sit/stand desk into my office last year and it was one of the best things I've done for my back. I got the frame/motor from a company called flexispot and put my own worktop on top of it. Memory positions with single press to move between them and has no issues lifting everything on the desk.

Soldato

At the end of the day, being in any one position for 8 hours straight will cause some kind of problem. Moving is good for the body. I like sit/stand arrangements. Haven't got it at home but I'm considering it with this year's WFH allowance.

I get up and move some dumbbells around at midday just so I'm not frozen in chair-position. Main thing to consider with sit/stand I'd say is monitor height as a factor. You might not want it the same height relative to the keyboard so an adjustable stand might be useful.

Back
Top Bottom