The Official Pizza Discussion thread (was: Cooking Neapolitan Pizzas with the Uuni 3)

Soldato
I look for online suppliers where you can get multiple products now, and easily get postage free, everyone wins -
to wit the earlier discussion on arla 2kg moz blocks, but I need to find someone who will do nduja, pecorino, flour, plus household staples like oats
if I lived near london https://www.marcoalimentari.com/online-store they looked good

unfortunately google search is not too useful if you want to buy diverse/grouped products

edit: tomatoes too

Soldato
I look for online suppliers where you can get multiple products now, and easily get postage free, everyone wins -
to wit the earlier discussion on arla 2kg moz blocks, but I need to find someone who will do nduja, pecorino, flour, plus household staples like oats
if I lived near london https://www.marcoalimentari.com/online-store they looked good

unfortunately google search is not too useful if you want to buy diverse/grouped products

edit: tomatoes too

Same, seem ridiculous to pay 50% of the cost of the product on postage. Wouldn't mind adding some nduja etc and some good tomatoes.

Soldato
You cant expect companies to ship things out for free though, especially when they are already selling at a good price.

True, but I compare it to stuff like Charcoal and most of those places do free if you spend £30 or more. Which is similar weight to the flour.

Had to use normal bread flour tonight, but turned out ok considering.

Goats Cheese, red onion and olive with a mozzarella rolled crust.

WLRhXOI.jpg

N'duja, mushroom and red onion

QdhZ8dr.jpg

Soldato
Goats Cheese, red onion and olive with a mozzarella rolled crust.
must be cold by now -
never seen that before ... so you layed a strip of moz first at the periphery and rolled the dough over
the moz looks like quite a moist one given that it pooled ... the Aldi moz seems to remain in a stringy lump despite heat.

Soldato
must be cold by now -
never seen that before ... so you layed a strip of moz first at the periphery and rolled the dough over
the moz looks like quite a moist one given that it pooled ... the Aldi moz seems to remain in a stringy lump despite heat.

Yep pretty much, mozzarella for pizza from tesco, found its usually a lot better and doesn't need any drying like the normal balled mozz does.

Associate
I've been debating for nearly a year now and am finally going to commit to a Fyra. The only thing stopping me now is noticing on John Lewis you can get a promotional pack which includes the peel and pellets for the same price as the standalone Fyra. The tightness in me is preventing me from paying RRP now.

Anyone know of any discount codes at all? (obviously I'll monitor HUKD)

Also - havent a clue what I'm going to sit it on in the garden. I'm terrible with DIY but thinking of trying to build a bench!!

Associate
What are you guy using for the sauce? I'll be using my Fyra for the first time this coming Friday. I see Ooni's recipe suggests canned tomatos (crushed = chopped?), olive oil and garlic cooked on a hob.

When I was experimenting with home oven cooked pizza I tried canned tomatos, passata and tomato puree. It may not be traditional but puree gave me the best results, in the sense of good flavour and not overly wet. Im assuming the intense heat of the Fyra will be a different outcome however.

Soldato
I find a longer low simmer of good canned tomatoes with some puree plus whatever flavourings you want, to remove as much water as possible without impacting the flavour. I usually add a tiny bit of sugar, salt, garlic, oregano and basil and blend it in my Ninja prior to the simmer.

Soldato
What is the best way to clean the Koda pizza stone? Had a bit of a mishap with some toppings getting onto it and they burnt onto it quite nicely, so I'd like to clean it before using it again.

Back
Top Bottom