• Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Think they should turn off instant on, wastes so much electricity. Or at least
default to it being disabled
  • Power OFF: 0.5W
  • Power “OFF” with Instant-On: 25W

Post release updates place it at less than 13W at times (I think it’s about 9-10W now), but given how quickly it boots up from power saving mode (and to reduce fan use) I leave it on power saving. It also means you don’t have to worry about quitting games and as a result quick resume works better.

Caporegime
Post release updates place it at less than 13W at times (I think it’s about 9-10W now), but given how quickly it boots up from power saving mode (and to reduce fan use) I leave it on power saving. It also means you don’t have to worry about quitting games and as a result quick resume works better.

I power mine off properly (ie full shutdown) all the time and it doesn't seem to affect quick resume at all.

Edit - just realised i misread your post

Last edited:
Soldato
So it arrived and been playing through Halo 1 / MCC and even though graphically it’s nothing special (and hasn’t been improved for this gen) but it made me question how a lot of previous gen titles were reviewed so highly.
Halo is a game I could go back to now and still enjoy, as with most of the Bungie halo titles.
Similarly if you think of Mario 64, Zelda OoT..
#Nostalgia

Associate
Been messing with Alexa on the series x today. Just walk in the room say alexa, xbox launch game name. By the time I have sat down tv and xbox are switched on and game is loaded. Liking that feature, can't do that on my PS5.

Associate
Regarding Spotify with Alexa on the X. It plays fine, just saying "alexa next" will change the next track on the xbox. But I can't get it to change to a different playlist, doing so makes spotify stop playing through the xbox and opens spotify on my echo.

Soldato
Been messing with Alexa on the series x today. Just walk in the room say alexa, xbox launch game name. By the time I have sat down tv and xbox are switched on and game is loaded. Liking that feature, can't do that on my PS5.

You can also launch games from the Xbox app on your phone. Or you could use the Alexa app as well as it has a voice function. So you'd be able to launch a game from anywhere if you're out and about and it'll be ready for when you get in at home. If you're so inclined of course!

Soldato
Just played first half hour of Yakuza 0. Oh my word. How have I missed this. It's got me drawn in already. It has all the bonkers elements of Japanese games and it reminds me of shenmue. Can't wait to play more.

Talk seriously about rising through ranks in Yakuza then stop for a minute to play a button rhythm karaoke game.. Get a crappy score but then move back into serious dialogue again.

Total joy.

Man of Honour
Just played first half hour of Yakuza 0. Oh my word. How have I missed this. It's got me drawn in already. It has all the bonkers elements of Japanese games and it reminds me of shenmue. Can't wait to play more.

Talk seriously about rising through ranks in Yakuza then stop for a minute to play a button rhythm karaoke game.. Get a crappy score but then move back into serious dialogue again.

Total joy.

I’ve been playing them in numerical order, currently on 4.

Soldato
Just got my Expansion Card, it literally is the smallest thing and once clicked into space it shows up and is stupidly easy to use.

Now to install all the other things I wanted to before running out of the internal drive.

Caporegime
OP
Oooh... Xbox Series S crashed this morning during the firmware POST. During the Xbox logo, the sound hung and the console flashed and restarted itself. Hope that's not a sign of something serious. It came back on perfectly normal second time around though.

Back
Top Bottom