Best games for 30-60 minute sessions

Associate
steep learning curve but any fighting game, dbfz, mk11, sfv, I personally am a sf player and have 500 hours played on steam but most of them are just the odd 1-2 hour sessions over a few years, if youve never played fighting games be prepared to get battered a lot but in the end its one of the most fun genres when you know what your doing

Soldato
steep learning curve but any fighting game, dbfz, mk11, sfv, I personally am a sf player and have 500 hours played on steam but most of them are just the odd 1-2 hour sessions over a few years, if youve never played fighting games be prepared to get battered a lot but in the end its one of the most fun genres when you know what your doing
Are there any of the classic on Steam that have online play? - MK, MKII, MK3, Ultimate MK3, SF2, Tekken 1/2/3, VF 1/2
The new games look better but the gameplay is terrible IMO due to the time it takes for some of the special and standard moves to take. E.g. SF2 / MK2, you do some well timed kicks punches and a few special moves inbetween and the fight is fluid.
When I tried a new MK (X) and SF (IV) the fight gets broken up with some fancy big kick or someone pulling a chainsaw out their pocket and some special effects kicking it which looked nice but took 10 seconds of the fight away.

The reason im back played SF 2 world champion edition and MK3 on Megadrive :)

If these older better games had online play with tournaments it would be incredible

Associate
Most of gaming sessions are up to an hour too.

FPS are really easy going, pick up and play. Halo 2/3 either campaign or multiplayer 8vs8 (10/15/20 min match) is fun. No serious gaming there.

Any of the old FPS like mentioned in other posts. I'm currently playing Duke Nukem 3D :p
Any campaigns that run up to 15hrs total i find worth a shot. Resident Evil 2 i've gone back to a few times.

Man of Honour
Nearly all games apart from online RPGs / Strategy games can be played in 30-60min sessions, unless you mean games with a clear end point within that timeframe (i.e. not just save and quit). Nowadays even if a game doesn't have a save feature they usually have fairly frequent checkpoints. If it's the latter I would suggest:

-Oldschool FPS that are broken up into discrete levels that can be treated as almost standalone, generally you'll find these games have levels each lasting around that time, unless you rush through them. Although with the more atmospheric and/or story driven ones, you may find yourself wanting to push on past the hour mark
-Sports games, invariably these will have time limits and you'll quickly get a feel for how many matches you can fit into your preferred timeslot
-Fighting games, either 1v1 matchups like StreetFighter or broken into levels like Streets of Rage

Bad choices would be RPGs, which are inherently analog with few obvious break points, or strategy games, which often have wide variation in the length of each level/battle (taking RTS as an example, you might have some rounds over in 15mins, some lasting hours)

Soldato
Card games are pay 2 win scams, so they don't count :)

Hearthstone Battlegrounds isn't, although you get more out of it with perks (choice of four heroes instead of two). Lobbies take about 30 minutes maximum to complete, as well.

I'll also recommend Nova Drift, which puts the "steroids" back into "Asteroids". Shoot baddies, collect XP, upgrade your ship from a generic peashooter to an insane war machine spewing so much death that your PC lags out. Again, if you're good at the game you'll get a playthrough done in 30 minutes.

Soldato
pfffttt... you're all wrong, Satisfactory is the one, I mean sure you can play it for 30-60 minutes but will you is the question :p

Associate
I jump onto phasmophobia or forza horizon 4 when time is in short supply. A bit of a learning curve on phasmo, but you can be into a session straight away with either

Back
Top Bottom