What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Nice, I was torn whether to get the blue or black. Yep, 20mm NATO :)
I don't think it matters black or blue, really - as I am now looking for a black diver to complement! :D

Have just ordered the 20mm green and red, but probably for my SARB017 - thanks!

Edit: have you seen the price increase on the new Omega diver btw? I think they are 4.5k retail now!

Soldato
I don't think it matters black or blue, really - as I am now looking for a black diver to complement! :D

Have just ordered the 20mm green and red, but probably for my SARB017 - thanks!

Edit: have you seen the price increase on the new Omega diver btw? I think they are 4.5k retail now!

That'll look good on the SARB017!

I just had to look back through my emails, I paid £2,770 for the Omega diver in 2015. The price hikes on everything just makes me sick! Not much of a fan of the new divers face.. thankfully!

How's your Moonwatch been?

Soldato
That'll look good on the SARB017!

I just had to look back through my emails, I paid £2,770 for the Omega diver in 2015. The price hikes on everything just makes me sick! Not much of a fan of the new divers face.. thankfully!

How's your Moonwatch been?
Yeah I paid the same. I feel a bit naive given how quick they were to discount the Speedy!

Not really worn the Speedy yet - screwdriver saga to shorten the strap! Have bought the WESA that was recommended in this thread though which shows up Monday.

Soldato
Yeah I paid the same. I feel a bit naive given how quick they were to discount the Speedy!

Not really worn the Speedy yet - screwdriver saga to shorten the strap! Have bought the WESA that was recommended in this thread though which shows up Monday.

Ahhh! I must have missed that. What a pain!

I keep looking at the Speedy :( l.. I need to stop.

Soldato

Would you mind saying where you got your speedy from? And what sort of discount you can expect? Really tempted to get one :)

Soldato
Clearance-tastic zuludiver on the Certina DS First, second pass chopped off for slimness. Got a blue/white strap coming for my white-dialed Tissot T-Touch Classic as well. Hopefully won't get a grilling from the wife for all the extra straps that lockdown has caused
w8Sc9mL.jpg
gUcRFOG.jpg

Man of Honour
Is that Zuludiver from the recent Watchgecko sale? Suits the watch. I am tempted by one as would suit the bronze but cannot pull myself away from the tropic strap and I'd also need to get a bronze buckle too which is extra faff lol.

Soldato
Is that Zuludiver from the recent Watchgecko sale? Suits the watch. I am tempted by one as would suit the bronze but cannot pull myself away from the tropic strap and I'd also need to get a bronze buckle too which is extra faff lol.
Yes it is, one of the Veryan 'Tudor style' ones. Quite pleased with it and very comfortable.

Man of Honour
Yes it is, one of the Veryan 'Tudor style' ones. Quite pleased with it and very comfortable.

Ah excellent. I really want one at £6 maybe I will just buy one anyway as the price is so good even if I don't use it it's there just incase.

In bronze land, still no big change in patina, I know it takes time but I don't want to force it so have to be patient, every morning waking up looking at it expecting the colouring to have darkened and some characteristics to have emerged on the surface :D

So far it's only gone a little less reflective than what it was when out of the box...

The colour match of the Joseph Bonnie tropic is 1:1 to the dial, the Baltic blue tropic was slightly duller in blue tone.

I now fear the Hamilton will get not enough wrist time because of me wanting to wear the bronze as much as possible :o

Soldato
Clearance-tastic zuludiver on the Certina DS First, second pass chopped off for slimness. Got a blue/white strap coming for my white-dialed Tissot T-Touch Classic as well. Hopefully won't get a grilling from the wife for all the extra straps that lockdown has caused

Wow, I've always loved Certina watches. Looking good! I wear dive watches more than anything else at the moment. Seiko SKX009 & SRPC07, Citizen NY0040-09EE. I think it's time I added a Swiss one to my collection.

Soldato
After many months is swithering and dithering I finally settled on this, an Oris Williams Engine. I’m really pleased with it. Love the date dial!

3811165-E-CF4-D-43-FA-8-E65-D1380-AD25-BE5.jpg

Associate
For what seemed liked years to find a new daily, I came across one I really loved but had difficulty getting one directly from Japan in brand new condition. Anyway managed to find one and bought it.

Seiko SBDC055 JDM Prospex Diver 62MAS Re Edition - Rubber strap is fine but I think I want a premium Nato one maybe SS im not sure. Pictures don't do it justice but the blue to black is beautifully done and the ripple/wave effect changes in different light conditions it really pops. :)

XDuZ1nX.png

F6rOeR7.png

MWRmmHm.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
That 62MAS is very nice, was actually watching a review on youtube about it and the other MAS comparing them not long ago.

On the Oris above, do you need an adapter to go on that lug if you want to use another strap like a NATO? That would be one thing I'd really not like about any watch where they use custom lugs!

Soldato
On the Oris above, do you need an adapter to go on that lug if you want to use another strap like a NATO? That would be one thing I'd really not like about any watch where they use custom lugs!

Not the faintest idea. From looking at it I’d say yes. I’m not all that fussed about changing straps on my watches though so it’s not a negative for me.

Man of Honour
Fair, looks like a rubber strap from the pic? No doubt it is comfortable.

My mate returned his bronze Oris Big Crown Pointer citing that he didn't like how it came with patina marks already on it and some smudges that aged areas of the case. He put it i lemon juice and it cleaned up to new but then didn't like how areas exposed to the air vs areas under his shirt sleeve would patina at different intervals and as such he'd have 2 lugs that looked a different shade to the other 2 within days.

Personally I think he was being a bit fussy and wanted none of the faff that bronze brings :p Even after weeks of reading and talking about how cool bronze is and was actually one of the driving factors on why I ordered the Baltic so soon as didn't intend of buying one until the summer.

For ref the Oris uses a mostly tin+copper alloy so is more reactive to oxidisation and will patina more unevenly more quickly. My Baltic is an aluminium alloy (CuAl8) which is more corrosion resistant and patinas slower and more evenly. It is the same alloy used by Tudor and others in marina equipment for its corrosion resistance properties. Might be handy to know for anyone else looking at a bronze watch anytime soon as the alloy used may or may not be to your liking so always worth researching what each maker uses.

Soldato
Yes it’s a rubber strap. My only worry there is that I’ll have to replace it at some point soonish if it starts to perish, something which may happen sooner than later as this is a watch I’ll wear daily. Now I’ve started thinking about it, the watch would look good with a brown/ tan leather strap... Won’t happen any time soon!

The case material is listed as steel so I don’t think I’ll have to worry too much about oxidisation. Certainly not an issue I’ve faced with my other watches but they’re mainly Seikos.

Man of Honour
Higher end rubber straps (not silicone) will last several years at least. Just don't expose any strap really to anything with alcohol content like perfume/aftershave etc that will slowly dry it up and make it brittle. Silicone straps are cheaper and attract dust/dirt and lint more and also wear quicker too. If your strap is natural rubber of some description and is soft then no reason it won't last many many years. It's the stiffer rubber straps that crack and dry up sooner as they are not as pliable.

Back
Top Bottom