Rugby union?

Soldato
Happy with the result against Italy in the end, but definitely need to tidy up the play versus better teams. Can't remember the last time I thought Farrell had a really good game, he seems to have a bit of a temper these days and get on the wrong side of a ref, and whereas he used to be able to consistently nail every conversion or penalty he's looked shaky at times. Every other team seems to have a kicker at least as competent as he is nowadays.

Scotland v Wales game was an exciting watch. Some great tries and mixing up of tactics, rather than watching England who don't seem to vary their approach much at the minute.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Huge improvement from England, but I'm disappointed with some of the defence, and the score line does not compare well with the France v Itally scoreline.

Wales were lucky to take the win, with the red card (good call, though many get away with the same) having a big impact, and Liam Williams escaping a yellow soon afterwards. The fact that Scotland went over the line and narrowly got a try disallowed shows how close it was and how easily the result could have gone the other way.

Ireland looked pedestrian! No creativity, backs very lateral, easy to defend.

Soldato
I only watched the England match as I didn't have time for the others. But now just watched the Fagerson red card and I have to say that opens a huge can of worms for me. Clearing our is going to become near impossible if that is the standard because every ruck will involve someone with their head down like Wynn Jones. The ability to remove people will become impossible because after the Willis accident you can be sure body rolling is going to come on the radar. If clearing out becomes nigh on impossible attacking play will become highly risky or dull as dishwater. Who wants the ball when you can penalise the opposition to death in defence.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Well thats France v Scotland for this weekend off due to the COVID outbreak in the French camp

Should it be rescheduled or Scotland given a walk-over?

Scotland could be without more than 10 players if the game is rearranged for outside World Rugby's international window due to them being recalled for club commitments.

Scotland are playing well are might fancy themselves to win, but they have no chance if they can't field a full strength team.

Man of Honour
Should it be rescheduled or Scotland given a walk-over?

Scotland are playing well are might fancy themselves to win, but they have no chance if they can't field a full strength team.

It looks like it'll get rescheduled rather than awarded as a walk-over although I'll be furious if it means we lose our English and French based players (our best players) which would be totally unfair when its not our fault!
There has been some chat about a mid-week game (Week Commencing March 8th) but not really sure that's fair either as we're due to play Ireland on the Sunday

Stu

Stu

Soldato
It looks like it'll get rescheduled rather than awarded as a walk-over although I'll be furious if it means we lose our English and French based players (our best players) which would be totally unfair when its not our fault!
There has been some chat about a mid-week game (Week Commencing March 8th) but not really sure that's fair either as we're due to play Ireland on the Sunday

Totally agree... giving Scotland a short turn around to the next game is not acceptable.

Soldato
That's an absolute joke of a try. If you're allowed to knock it on with your hands and stop it with your foot from going further forward that opens up the game for stupid abuse...

England needs to cut out giving away stupid penalties but with referring decisions like that what are you meant to do?

Back
Top Bottom