Metro: Exodus [E3 2017]

Soldato
Finally got around to this, I don't know why it took me so long to get into it but let me just say - this is an incredible game, one of the greatest single player campaigns ever, on par with the best ones such as Titanfall 2's. They have nailed absolutely every aspect and delivered something I didn't think I'd see again from a game in today's age - an actual journey, beautifully structured and executed, that didn't overstay its welcome, but which enjoys the incredible atmosphere of the Metro universe. From art direction, graphics, and sound (both design & OST), all the way to the writing and level design, it's all one cohesive whole that is an absolute joy to experience. Hats off to the 4A guys, they've got me hooked on Metro. I just hope it won't be another 7 years until the next one.

Now for the DLC & maybe the books...

Soldato
Picked it up for today £9.99 after trying it for about an hour on the MS beta service I trialled for a month a while ago, when it was only available through MS for the PC. Wasn't blown away with it tbh but want to give it a play through with a new 30 series GPU. Just need to stick to one game atm as I've started a few and cant not get into any of them now when I return to them after a while :)

Caporegime
Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition gets NVIDIA DLSS 2.0 support and Advanced Ray Traced Reflections

INTRODUCING THE METRO EXODUS PC ENHANCED EDITION

For PC players, we’re taking advantage of our new Fully Ray Traced Lighting Pipeline and the latest GPU-capable hardware from NVIDIA and AMD to offer the ultimate Ray Traced experience – the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition.

This upgrade is so extensive, it will require a Ray Tracing capable GPU as the minimum spec, and we will need to deliver this version as a separate product – it is not a simple ‘patch’ to the base game – instead it will be offered as an extra entitlement to all existing Metro Exodus PC players.

The PC Enhanced Edition will offer additional Ray Tracing features, including Advanced Ray Traced Reflections and support for DLSS 2.0 on NVIDIA hardware, which offers sharper image details and increased framerates and display resolutions.

Applying the same philosophy as our Xbox and PlayStation upgrades, this PC Enhanced Edition will be FREE to all existing Metro Exodus owners on the Epic Games Store, Steam, and GoG. You can expect the PC Enhanced Edition to release later this spring.

https://videocardz.com/press-releas...0-support-and-advanced-ray-traced-reflections

:cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
I was going to install this again now that I've got a 3080 (I never completed it), now I will be waiting for the enhanced edition instead. It sounds amazing.

Associate
Was planning to start this once I finish AC Valhalla but now waiting for the enhanced edition. The addition of DLSS 2.0 should make for great performance.

Associate
Thought it already had RT. I guess not DLSS though? (edit - I see, it's being enhanced!)

Got about an hour in then put it down, after binging on the series. Time to pick it up and start again once this is released.

Last edited:
Associate
Do you guys think that this could be just a start of where the games are going in the future? This new Metro game won't be possible to play at all without RTX card which is a minimum requirement. Very interesting and so strange in the same time, I wasn't even considering it might happen so soon...

Associate
Ray Tracing kind of seems like a fad, like 3D tv's. It is a huge performance hit for something you will not notice compared to reflections we already have. Unless you stand still, pan the camera and check every detail.

Soldato
Ray Tracing kind of seems like a fad, like 3D tv's. It is a huge performance hit for something you will not notice compared to reflections we already have. Unless you stand still, pan the camera and check every detail.
Rubbish. Play Quake II in Open GL then switch to RTX...

As far as I was aware, Quake II is the only game to run full path tracing
The lighting changes look incredible, similar in parts to how animated movies look

8yB5mch.jpg

Associate
Yeah, I do not want to sound rude in any way to the member above, but RTX is the future and the best thing that happened to gaming in a long time. Can't wait to see the new Metro. When I remember I was happy that I can now play the "old" version of Metro maxed with fps from 30-40fps with joystick, this new version is going to destroy fps, lol.

Man of Honour
this new version is going to destroy fps, lol.

Not so fast, this uses DLSS2.0, in games like Death Stranding and Control that takes the fps from the 30-40 range to 60-70 range in most cases whilst the image looks as sharp if not sharper also in most cases.

Cyberpunk is not included in this because quite frankly it is an unfinished game but even with DLSS enabled in 2077, the fps goes from 20-30 with RTX on to 40-50 but drops and bugs aplenty in busy areas.

Metro devs say they have built the enhanced edition from scratch hence why it is a standalone game and cannot be simply patched into the old version so I am confident that it is also very well optimised as a result whereas in games like Cyberpunk, RTX was added at a much later stage.

Soldato
Not so fast, this uses DLSS2.0, in games like Death Stranding and Control that takes the fps from the 30-40 range to 60-70 range in most cases whilst the image looks as sharp if not sharper also in most cases.

Cyberpunk is not included in this because quite frankly it is an unfinished game but even with DLSS enabled in 2077, the fps goes from 20-30 with RTX on to 40-50 but drops and bugs aplenty in busy areas.

Metro devs say they have built the enhanced edition from scratch hence why it is a standalone game and cannot be simply patched into the old version so I am confident that it is also very well optimised as a result whereas in games like Cyberpunk, RTX was added at a much later stage.
Cyberpunk should have included RTX from ground up IMO but it was probably not possible at the time (it was years in development)

I agree, DLSS 2.0 should allow Metro Exodus to look incredible. Glad I havent played much of it so far (2 hours at most)

FYI for anyone who doesnt have it, the Steam key is £9.99 from CDKeys... or pay £34.99 in Steam

Back
Top Bottom