*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

RSR

RSR

Soldato
any ideas on how to tidy now? cable is plastered in wall so cant do jack with it.

hmm on 2nd thoughts could redrill the bracket and rotate wall bracket. or put a faceplate on the wall and then cable to ap?

What about using a dry lining box, so you can place the connect in and excess cable? As that's how I have done mine.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Its a brick wall so wont work for me. Gonna rotate the access point it will be cleaner

My bad, I assumed it was a celing. These APs are generally better off installed up on a celing.

I guess the other option is to chase the wall out a little and do it that way.

Soldato
Room was renovated when i was on holiday left some network cable with my bro and told him where id like it to come out upstairs and downstairs. The builders just put the cable on the wall and plasterboarded and skimmed over it. If i was around i would have used trunking so if ever was cable issue etc can replace easy.
Cleanest option i think will be to rotate the ap clockwise a bit and mount back on the wall that way get enough slack to get it done.
Or if i dont rotate it maybe make up a tiny 10cm patch cable and just use a rj45 coupler as i have but wont look as tidy.

Soldato
Managed to sort it. Removed 3 of the 4 screws that hold the mounting bracket to the wall so now its its a swing bracket and allowed me to get it back on and position it back in place. Its so light weight that 1 screw is gonna be plenty for it.

Soldato
Just got my first AP connected up and setting the controller up on my NAS.

Is it a requirement to have the Ubiquiti account for local access? Or can I deselect it?

There is also the option of selecting remote access, what exactly is this?

Finally what have you guys done with the combine 2GHz and 5GHz on setup? Any issues with combining on the Ubiquiti's?

Soldato
Just got my first AP connected up and setting the controller up on my NAS.

Is it a requirement to have the Ubiquiti account for local access? Or can I deselect it?

There is also the option of selecting remote access, what exactly is this?

Finally what have you guys done with the combine 2GHz and 5GHz on setup? Any issues with combining on the Ubiquiti's?

I use combined SSIDs for both channels, its fine.

Remote access allows you to access and configure your controller via UI.com cloud access with a Ubiquiti SSO account.

Soldato
Thanks folks.

I've installed it now and have let the controller deal with all of the AP settings. Is there anything in particular that you guys would typically tweak?

If I have set this to local access only how do updates take place? Will that be a manual process? :(

Soldato

No issues combining. Obviously depends on your setup and what you want to achieve as to how you configure it. I have my standard SSID that’s both 2.4 and 5GHz and another SSID I use for IoT crap that’s 2.4GHz only.

Soldato
What sort of throughput should I be expecting on the U6-Lite @ 5GHz?

I’m trying to test mine using the throughout test on the controller but the levels seem lower than I would have expected.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
What sort of throughput should I be expecting on the U6-Lite @ 5GHz?

I’m trying to test mine using the throughout test on the controller but the levels seem lower than I would have expected.

Thanks in advance.

1. What client are you testing with?
2. Have you disabled all other clients except the one you’re testing with?
3. What’s the wireless environment like?
4. How is the AP mounted?
5. How are you measuring throughout?

Soldato
1. What client are you testing with?
2. Have you disabled all other clients except the one you’re testing with?
3. What’s the wireless environment like?
4. How is the AP mounted?
5. How are you measuring throughout?

1. iPhone X
  2. They were not disabled but were not in use as I was running the test late in the evening.
  3. Solid wood door between client and the AP. It’s pretty much the other side of the door.
  4. Ceiling
  5. Unifi App
Thanks in advance.

Soldato
For those interested in the current import duty debacle...

I submitted a support request on the 9th February. I have just received a response today and they have confirmed that they will be refunding my payment shortly but it can take a few days for the refund to process.

Will post back with any updates.

Soldato
  1. iPhone X
  2. They were not disabled but were not in use as I was running the test late in the evening.
  3. Solid wood door between client and the AP. It’s pretty much the other side of the door.
  4. Ceiling
  5. Unifi App
Thanks in advance.

iPhone X is a 4x4 WiFi5 AC client so in theory 600Mbps if you have the right access point.

The U6-lite is a 2x2 AP so on an iPhone X I would expect 250-350Mbps.

What are you getting?

Back
Top Bottom