Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
2 call backs

1st call back 2 or 3 days after i rang up and gave 30 days notice. £30 for 350m offered

2nd callback i got today which is about a week and a half after i gave 30 days notice. £24 for 350 offered

i rejected both deals.
Damn i would have taken the £24 for 350 offer. They offered me something stupid for 350 when i called at the beginning of the month.

Soldato
Damn i would have taken the £24 for 350 offer. They offered me something stupid for 350 when i called at the beginning of the month.

virgin offer was tempting but earlier today i had stage 1 of this done:
IMG-20210215-130232.jpg

external work done they come back on my actual install date to wire it up inside.

Soldato
virgin offer was tempting but earlier today i had stage 1 of this done:
IMG-20210215-130232.jpg

external work done they come back on my actual install date to wire it up inside.
Nice! We're getting this setup for work atm through NGC in wakefield. Getting a 1gig lease line for under £300 a month, just a shame they aren't in our estate just yet.

Soldato
i gone with 500 meg city fiber option. the upload is whats temped me and lower pings. it was kelly communications guy that out today. very nice chap and explained everything well. will see how things go on the install day. also the fiber optic cable is not underground it comes from the telegraph poles like a phone line does!!!!!

Associate
My connection is now finished, had no contact from VM since I asked for the cancellation of services. The only way that they would have been able to contact me would have been email, as I hadn't given them any other contact number.

Associate
My connection is now finished, had no contact from VM since I asked for the cancellation of services. The only way that they would have been able to contact me would have been email, as I hadn't given them any other contact number.
I haven't heard anything from them since requesting a cancellation too... Not exactly sure which day they intend on disconnecting me but I think it'll be some point towards the end of this week.

Let's see if they fix the over utilisation before then or push their technical fault fix due to be resolved tomorrow, on another two weeks...

Since I last moaned about this an engineer came around. Swapped my router. Turned off modem mode and said there's an issue somewhere else in their system. Had two people from virgin say it's over utilisation.

Man of Honour
I'm moving into a house which is in a VM area, I'll be taking broadband at least however the entry point is currently in the living room. I'd want it coming into another room downstairs, would that be difficult to arrange with VM?

Soldato
I'm moving into a house which is in a VM area, I'll be taking broadband at least however where it currently comes in is in the living room. I'd want it coming into another room downstairs from outside, would that be difficult to arrange with VM?

If it's like mine you might be able to do it yourself. There is a socket on the outside of the wall where the incoming cable goes into a splitter/junction box thing. If you have that too then SFAIK you can unscrew the connection that goes from it into the living room, install your own coax along the wall to where you want it to be and drill a new hole into the house, then relocate the wall box and do the cable up. Obviously if you make a mess of it they might not be too sympathetic about sorting it out for you!

Associate
I'm moving into a house which is in a VM area, I'll be taking broadband at least however the entry point is currently in the living room. I'd want it coming into another room downstairs, would that be difficult to arrange with VM?
Could always cut the line and remove the internal socket so they have to rerun it, if they play hardball. Extending is also easy

Last edited:
Soldato
I just had another call from VM post disconnection, thought it was about my complaint, but it was a sales call, which was odd. Had to explain we'd just left sure to their stupid pricing practices for existing users, and would only sign up again to abuse a new customer offer combined with Quidco/TCB around black Friday, if at all.

On another note, I changed my 4G SIM to an even better offer, and am now paying a whole £3.91 per month, for unlimited data (minutes and texts too) with Three, and only a 12 month contract. Less than £50 for a whole year beats the pants off Virgin, especially when my upload is almost the same! :D

Associate
This is the reason I'm reluctant to cancel to try and get a better deal. With the kids on remote lessons and me and my wife working from home we can't be without a connection.

We're too far from the cabinet to get more than 25mbit from fttc, and there aren't any fibre options either. 5g broadband via mobile isn't available. Virgin or nothing really.

Associate
Can you go 4G? I am managing to play BFV on a 4G router, which doesn't have the same speed as my VM M200 connection was supposed to be. Yet I am having a better game on about 10-45 Mb depending on the time of day.

Caporegime
i gone with 500 meg city fiber option. the upload is whats temped me and lower pings. it was kelly communications guy that out today. very nice chap and explained everything well. will see how things go on the install day. also the fiber optic cable is not underground it comes from the telegraph poles like a phone line does!!!!!

A Kelly employee who hasn't blown out eight bricks in the process of fitting a box to your house, has fitted the box level, and hasn't left a coil of cable on the floor? He won't last long there.

Soldato
Only first part done so far, they gonna drill through the house to get cable to the back then tack it all the way around to the rear room. 30m cable run needed. He said its a bigger than normal job due to the type of house it is but hopefully it goes to plan on the day.

Soldato
Something incredible happened today, Virgin construction engineers turned up and finally FIXED my cable blockage outside, they said "you're now good to go for connection". It took them about one hour to do, so now I've only have to wait for the install date, as you know I've been waiting since November for this to be fixed and after multiple visits by Virgin install team had given up , (they could do nothing until the blockage was fixed outside).

Back
Top Bottom