• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Queue Update on Strix 3080 OC.

23/10 - 1165
28/10 - 1110
06/11 - 1022
13/11 - 955
20/11 - 921
27/11 - 879
04/12 - 846
11/12 - 800
14/12 - 791
19/12 - 746
24/12 - 729
08/01 - 628
15/01 - 621
22/01 - 608
29/01 - 593
05/02 - 591
12/02 - 567

Oh, thank you for posting this, have used it to track mine (updates disabled because of Brexit) and estimated at 119 if my queue position moved correctly.

Associate
IMO the 3080ti is just a concerted effort by NVIDIA to stop the scalping of 3080s. They knew they made a mistake on the pricing, and now are trying to correct it with the release of this. I suppose anything which stops scalpers right...?

Permabanned

See, basic econoimics of 2021.

My concern is that I made an order on OCUK and forgot to add a component, so contacted them today to ask that I add it and they literally do not pick up their phones (phone message claimed current wait time is over 1hour but they valued their customers :o).

I'm now regretting purchasing from here. How can I get them to pickup and add the component to my order?

Associate
See, basic econoimics of 2021.

My concern is that I made an order on OCUK and forgot to add a component, so contacted them today to ask that I add it and they literally do not pick up their phones (phone message claimed current wait time is over 1hour but they valued their customers :o).

I'm now regretting purchasing from here. How can I get them to pickup and add the component to my order?
You do realise that OC UK aren't a massive corporate entity with massive amounts of staff, in the midst of a world wide pandemic with levels of demand growing at crazy levels due to most of us working from home.

Just checking...

Associate
Your a little off the 3090-3080 are from the same chip GA-102 the 3070 and 3060ti are from a different chip GA-104 and the 3060 is a different chip again the GA-106
Good point, thank you and I have no idea what the selection process is at a silicon level between the different chips. But the principle stands. It would be a shame if NVidia release a card using the same chip as the 3080 diluting supply even further than it already is.

Permabanned
You do realise that OC UK aren't a massive corporate entity with massive amounts of staff, in the midst of a world wide pandemic with levels of demand growing at crazy levels due to most of us working from home.

Just checking...

I see, but schools were all open during lockdown II, I didn't see any difficulties with them answering their phones, particularly with just one/two receptionist for 1,500 students.

Plus OcUK, have been going more than 10 years, 1 hour plus to answer a phone :eek:, Sorry it will be very hard to convince a customer that they genuinely care, even though I really want to believe and continue spending there.

Associate
I see, but schools were all open during lockdown II, I didn't see any difficulties with them answering their phones, particularly with just one/two receptionist for 1,500 students.
Not when your business will only support a limited number of staff to answer phones and 5k people wanting to know where their GPU is, on top of normal business calls.

Associate
the Irish customs has nothing to do with _my_ order, I ordered my card from a EU member country in September. The contract was made in September. The fact the item is delivered later (when this country left the EU) doesn't change my "buying" contract.

Unfortunately it is never that simple as the date the goods are presented at the border is relevant as well.

At the root of the problem though is OCUK trying to prevent you from being charged VAT twice, because the new trade rules cannot handle pre-paid VAT on goods of this value, so that is forcing them to unwind the original purchase and VAT payment as well as gathering much more information to document country of origin and other new shipping prerequisites.

Associate
"Ooooooh guys sorry we can't supply any cards for 3 weeks because its Chinese New Year" - can they (card manufacturers) please get off their lazy asses and stop making crappy excuses!? I'm pretty sure we had a new year here too and suppliers were working just as hard to get cards out. What absolute muppetry!!

Is anyone else mega angry at "Chinese New Year"?

Associate
"Ooooooh guys sorry we can't supply any cards for 3 weeks because its Chinese New Year" - can they (card manufacturers) please get off their lazy asses and stop making crappy excuses!? I'm pretty sure we had a new year here too and suppliers were working just as hard to get cards out. What absolute muppetry!!

Annoyed - yes. However it’s Chinese New Year... probably their biggest holiday of the year, you can’t expect people to work through their holidays just so more GPUs can be made. It is what it is, not a “crappy excuse”.

Associate

The average factory worker in China works 10-12 hours a day 6-7 days a week with very few public holidays throughout the year. Most factories in China close from 3 to 4 weeks.

Associate
Turns out there is nothing wrong with my 3080 Gaming OC. OC UK managed to run it overnight with Port Royal and Warzone for 4 hours. I'm going to have to double check my pcie cables when I get the card back, but its weird that I managed a full week of gaming without issue before my PC crapped out. The joys of PC gaming lol.

Associate

I'm sorry that what is possibly the only time each year that many of the workers will actually get to see their families is upsetting you...

It isn't like they can just clock-off at 5pm and head home for the weekend, their Spring Festival (Chunyun) begins on 28 January and will last until 8 March, giving people time to travel potentially thousands of miles across China in time for New Year, on 12 February, and back again.

In a normal year, that would be about about three billion trips during the Chunyun period.

Maybe if we asked them nicely they would give up seeing their families for yet another year so we can get our stuff a bit faster... ?

Associate

The chinese new year makes little difference anyway, it's been said over and over that there is a lack of components to build the GPU's in the first place.

Associate
I'm sorry that what is possibly the only time each year that many of the workers will actually get to see their families is upsetting you...

It isn't like they can just clock-off at 5pm and head home for the weekend, their Spring Festival (Chunyun) begins on 28 January and will last until 8 March, giving people time to travel potentially thousands of miles across China in time for New Year, on 12 February, and back again.

In a normal year, that would be about about three billion trips during the Chunyun period.

Maybe if we asked them nicely they would give up seeing their families for yet another year so we can get our stuff a bit faster... ?

I'm not directing any annoyance towards chinese workers in factories (I think people are missing the point), more the fact that the new year has been banded about as an excuse on the internet incessantly towards lack of cards. A public holiday should not have such a devastating impact on flows or at least seen to have such an impact.

Associate
The chinese new year makes little difference anyway, it's been said over and over that there is a lack of components to build the GPU's in the first place.
Ya, I'd say all the manufacturers over in China were happy to see the new year come so the weight was off their shoulders.

Associate
I'm not directing any annoyance towards chinese workers in factories (I think people are missing the point), more the fact that the new year has been banded about as an excuse on the internet incessantly towards lack of cards. A public holiday should not have such a devastating impact on flows or at least seen to have such an impact.
Where do you think the majority of the capacitors, resistors and other electronic components are made that go into GPUs? Do you need a hint ?

Back
Top Bottom