Apple Watch question for my Dad

Caporegime
EE have told my dad he needs a data add on for his Apple Watch

can he not use his iPhone allowance and just add his Apple Watch to his we account bought from Apple store ?
Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
Assuming you're talking about an Apple Watch - you do not need cellular data on an Apple Watch unless you want to have internet connectivity when not in range of your iPhone or a Wifi network.

Soldato
Yes he will need a cellular watch and an additional cellular plan. It’s a standard £5 so far from every supported network - some utilise your plan mins/data and others have their own allowance or are unlimited.

I think EE is unlimited mins and 5GB data on the watch for £5 a month

Commissario
[pedant]
There’s no such thing as an Apple Watch. At least get the device name right.[/pedant]

I pay EE an extra fiver and get unlimited calls from my Apple Watch plus 10Gb data. Most months I use zero but it’s worth it being there for the handful of times I’ve needed to use it.

Associate
Phonecalls on a watch immediately make me think "Beam me up Scotty"

Handy to answer a call when you're the other side of the house but after many years I don't think I have ever had the urge to do it out in public

Streaming music on a run with just a Watch and AirPods on the otherhand is a use I can understand though. </randomopinionend>

Caporegime
OP
Yes he will need a cellular watch and an additional cellular plan. It’s a standard £5 so far from every supported network - some utilise your plan mins/data and others have their own allowance or are unlimited.

I think EE is unlimited mins and 5GB data on the watch for £5 a month

Ok thanks for the clarification. Was just making sure they were not trying to sell him something he doesn’t need. :)

Caporegime
OP
[pedant]
There’s no such thing as an Apple Watch. At least get the device name right.[/pedant]

I pay EE an extra fiver and get unlimited calls from my Apple Watch plus 10Gb data. Most months I use zero but it’s worth it being there for the handful of times I’ve needed to use it.

iphone , iPad , Apple Watch

Apple Watch is just dumb

Back
Top Bottom