• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rocket lake leaks

Caporegime
The proof when it comes to gaming performance can be skewed with select games for either cpu. I would say that the 10900k does have a lot better low fps in general though which is also very important.

Neither am I but don't agree with him and he called me a bad name too :(

Does it tho? i have seen a lot of reviews and i don't see it.

In any case we should all refrain from calling eachother names, These arguments can get heated and that's par for course but we are not children, we can get a little heated and still treat eachother with respect.

Soldato
I've been looking for around 4 months if to upgrade currently have 6700k , the thing that put me off 10900k or 10th gen intel is no gen 4 its more so when direct storage is out will we see difference ? I plan to keep system for 3-5 years and rocket lake doesnt look that great either still 14nm if the price was really good I could be tempted but I doubt it with the leaks and its gonna be replaced in few months

I want something thats 8 cores and only Ryzen 5000 seems the platform and has higher core options for later if needed was close to buying 5800x for £380 but with no GPU stock and would still be using 5700xt I dont see much gain in gaming still using the same gpu so thought might as well hold off for now

Permabanned
I've been looking for around 4 months if to upgrade currently have 6700k , the thing that put me off 10900k or 10th gen intel is no gen 4 its more so when direct storage is out will we see difference ? I plan to keep system for 3-5 years and rocket lake doesnt look that great either still 14nm if the price was really good I could be tempted but I doubt it with the leaks and its gonna be replaced in few months

I want something thats 8 cores and only Ryzen 5000 seems the platform and has higher core options for later if needed was close to buying 5800x for £380 but with no GPU stock and would still be using 5700xt I dont see much gain in gaming still using the same gpu so thought might as well hold off for now
It’s not a good time to buy at the minute. I wanted to upgrade to the 5000 series, preferably a 5800x but I just think they are overpriced. £300 is what I’m willing to pay which is what the 3700 was priced at.

Soldato
It’s not a good time to buy at the minute. I wanted to upgrade to the 5000 series, preferably a 5800x but I just think they are overpriced. £300 is what I’m willing to pay which is what the 3700 was priced at.

yeah thats why I decided to hold off and with not upgrading GPU because no stock / over priced I wouldnt see the best of it anyway

Soldato
I tried amd..and never will again.

You have to use the top ram(not cheap 3000hz) ram for the board to work.
And to get the maximum out of it, you need to buy a AMD GPU as well. No thanks

I'm not downgrading.
That's a hilarious load of tripe right there. Properly deluded fanboi tripe, or at the least grotesquely ill-informed.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Guys, this isn't a school playground. Calm it down.
I’ll quote this, just in case anyone missed it the first time. Any more bickering and trolling and people will find themselves on a COVID-friendly holiday.

Soldato
OP
https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-I...Ryzen-7-5800X-and-Ryzen-7-5700G.519892.0.html

Interesting set of charts. It’s pretty even.

but the noticeable difference is the intel 11900k has to boost to 5.2GHz on all cores to keep up with the 5800x in games.

this suggest the alder lake has quite a bit of IPC gap still to zen3? The CB r20 MT score is impressive but nothing spectacular as 12c 5900x is way way ahead.

Last edited:
Associate
Intel all the way for me. We have three gaming pcs at home, when one is upgraded usually the items replaced trickle down, mixing CPU vendors would be far too much mither. So will be getting a new intel soon, then the 10700k goes into the pc with the 10600k, the 10600k will then replace the 4790k. 4790k on the bay.

Soldato
Doesn't make an awful lot of sense given that until this gen Intel replaced board and cpu each time. Works this time but won't then ext as everything gets replaced again.

Soldato
Intel all the way for me. We have three gaming pcs at home, when one is upgraded usually the items replaced trickle down, mixing CPU vendors would be far too much mither. So will be getting a new intel soon, then the 10700k goes into the pc with the 10600k, the 10600k will then replace the 4790k. 4790k on the bay.

I don't understand this, it isn't like the Mobo and CPU would be going together which would be same for AMD or Intel when you look to upgrade. For instance the 10600k would have to move with mobo and so now you have a mobo and CPU requirement for the fastest PC at start. I am not suggesting if you should just go AMD cause people say but the reasoning is rather odd justification of why since it makes zero difference.

Associate
I don't understand this, it isn't like the Mobo and CPU would be going together which would be same for AMD or Intel when you look to upgrade. For instance the 10600k would have to move with mobo and so now you have a mobo and CPU requirement for the fastest PC at start. I am not suggesting if you should just go AMD cause people say but the reasoning is rather odd justification of why since it makes zero difference.

That's just a simple and subtle way of saying, we are the fanboys of Intel ;)

Soldato

I was thinking this, it would be ram as well I believe (4790k used DDR3?), so need a new CPU, motherboard and ram to complete the upgrade/'trickle down', so makes very little difference for this upgrade...

Next upgrade (whatever you do now) would be DDR5 and a new socket as well, so doesn't even save anything for the next upgrade either...

Soldato
I was thinking this, it would be ram as well I believe (4790k used DDR3?), so need a new CPU, motherboard and ram to complete the upgrade/'trickle down', so makes very little difference for this upgrade...

Next upgrade (whatever you do now) would be DDR5 and a new socket as well, so doesn't even save anything for the next upgrade either...

Yeah it would be RAM too but picking DDR4 for the new build cause you need more RAM generally was not specific to helping to decide any further if you would go Intel/AMD in that currently if you have AMD 3000 series you might want to go 5000 series and would still need to select new RAM for the trickledown upgrade discussed. Picking Intel makes no difference on that. However looking at it from the Intel side and upgrading you are already looking at CPU & Mobo anyways and thus the RAM is irrelevant even if the trickledown didn't need to consider that. So that factor technically irrelevant in terms of upgrade path.

Back
Top Bottom