Best Co-op games

Soldato
We have 2 PCs in the house and I'd like to do a bit of co-op to relieve the lockdown boredom seeing as we've recently completed Netflix and Disney+ ( :) ). I only ever play single player games so would be interested in any recommendations for co-op stuff I could play with the wife/kids?

Oh, just to add that preference would be something that isn't split screen.

Soldato
What sort of games do you like?
Raft
7 Days To Die
Rimworld with multiplayer mod
Trine series
Brothers Tale of two sons
Civilization 5 or 6 for something slow paced
Path of Exile or Diablo 3 (not sure if you can play the free version of Diablo 3 online)
No Man's Sky

Associate
Lego Worlds -depending on the age of the kids - my nieces co-op it whether they are visiting (ages 8 and 11)

There's also plenty of Board game conversions than everyone can play (Talisman , Ticket to ride etc)

plus there's a lot of free to play MMO's (LoTRO comes to mind) that the family can group up on

also fps's that can played co-op (borderlands)

Soldato
The Borderlands games.
Snowrunner
Portal 2 is absolutely, incredibly, excellent played two player. It is across two computers, not split screen. It has a way of getting you to feel like a genius simply because you did what the level designer intended in the first place.
L4D2
Torchlight
Minecraft

Does the Co-Optimus website still exist? I've used that in the past to help pick out a likely coop game.

Soldato
OP
Portal 2 is absolutely, incredibly, excellent played two player. It is across two computers, not split screen. It has a way of getting you to feel like a genius simply because you did what the level designer intended in the first place.

I've enjoyed that as single player in the past so I think I'll try that one out first now that you've confirmed that it isn't split screen, and then work my way through some other suggestions if they like it. :)

Associate
Does no splitscreen discount single screen co-op e.g. BroForce?
I've got a big long list of co-op games but couldn't tell you which require network PC or which are single screen.

Standouts that are co-op & not split screen include:
- Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light / The Temple of Osiris
- BroFroce / Expendabros
- Left4Dead
- Lego Starwars (& other lego games)
- Trine series
- Lovers in a dangerous spacetime
- Viktor Vran
- Monaco: What's yours is mine
- Serious Sam series

This is a good way to look: https://store.steampowered.com/tags/en/Co-op/#p=9&tab=TopRated

Associate
@Kamakazie! Are you saying the Lego games aren't split screen is it's 2 PC co-op? They'd probably love them.
No think they are single screen on the same PC.
You may be able to do it networked though or alternatively, you could use Steam Stream to play on 2 PCs but effectively streaming from the master. I've played quite a few local only co-op games like this with friends in other households.

Associate
Overcooked 2 ( 1 is local only AFAIK, may also make you want to kill eachother)
Helldivers
Don't Starve Together (not don't starve)
Magicka (can be buggy and IIRC better with KB+M)
Dungeon Defenders (1 is probably the best IMHO)
Human Fall Flat
Dungeon of the Endless
For the King
Satisfactory/Factorio

+1 for
Minecraft
Terraria
Stardew Valley

Back
Top Bottom