• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Most of them will have been lying out of their rears, too. Take a default stance of trusting no-one when selling stuff on platforms like Ebay and you will never be disappointed. :)
Well that’s until someone claims that you sent an empty box or try to do a chargeback ...

Last edited:
Associate
I tried to be nice, but well I was as fair as can be. I have sold on eBay for 20 years and only had 4 dramas. One was, I sold a Nikon camera for £2k and it was a stolen credit card, PayPal covered me. Two were perfectly good guitars returned as buyers were dicks. Lastone was recent I sold a 2070 super to some guy who claimed it was really noisy. Got it back and I expected it to have been swapped or something. No, was perfect and noise free when tested as I sent it. Crazy times, miners and scalpers pushing prices up. People ignoring common sense and enabling them.

Associate
Just a word of warning, Overclockers WILL NOT honour RMAs for damaged graphics cards that have had the sticker damaged or removed regardless of what their sticky thread says.
"Warranty sticker on screw head for retention bracket has been tampered/damaged. Card appears to have been waterblocked. Warranty Void."
I had an issue with a 3090 Strix the left most power socket died, but because of this Overclockes will not honour RMA. I've spent over 3k in the past year at Overclockers for my machine alone, another 1k for a friends machine. Never again will I use Overclockers.

Associate
Just a word of warning, Overclockers WILL NOT honour RMAs for damaged graphics cards that have had the sticker damaged or removed regardless of what their sticky thread says.
"Warranty sticker on screw head for retention bracket has been tampered/damaged. Card appears to have been waterblocked. Warranty Void."
I had an issue with a 3090 Strix the left most power socket died, but because of this Overclockes will not honour RMA. I've spent over 3k in the past year at Overclockers for my machine alone, another 1k for a friends machine. Never again will I use Overclockers.

The thing is did you fit a water block? did the card work before you fitted a water block? With water blocks the card maker can change components used at any time, as i found with a KFA 3090 the water block EK said it was compatible with it, but when fitting i could see it looked ok but when checking carefully it didn't fit properly. I had to mill out a part of the block to get good contact with GPU
also stop part of the socket used for fans shorting out because cut out wasn't deep enough. also backplate screws were to short with the correct size thermal pads which kept the back plate away from rear circuit board. its so easy to just follow instructions, but you must check every detail before turning on the PC just 1 short could mean a dead card.

Sorry to hear your card is dead, but if you did fit a water block and the card was working before you fitted it, then ultimately it must have been your fault. expensive mistake.

Associate
Nope it
The thing is did you fit a water block? did the card work before you fitted a water block? With water blocks the card maker can change components used at any time, as i found with a KFA 3090 the water block EK said it was compatible with it, but when fitting i could see it looked ok but when checking carefully it didn't fit properly. I had to mill out a part of the block to get good contact with GPU
also stop part of the socket used for fans shorting out because cut out wasn't deep enough. also backplate screws were to short with the correct size thermal pads which kept the back plate away from rear circuit board. its so easy to just follow instructions, but you must check every detail before turning on the PC just 1 short could mean a dead card.

Sorry to hear your card is dead, but if you did fit a water block and the card was working before you fitted it, then ultimately it must have been your fault. expensive mistake.

Nope the card has been running completely fine for a month and a half. Then suddenly would prevent the entire machine from turning on. I tested it in two other machines with the same issue. Machine would boot up if nothing was connected to the left most power socket.

I just wanted to let people know if they had any intention of watercooling their machine or overclocking it, as the customer support told me that too would void the warranty, then be prepared to also have a costly mistake.

Associate
Nope it

Nope the card has been running completely fine for a month and a half. Then suddenly would prevent the entire machine from turning on. I tested it in two other machines with the same issue. Machine would boot up if nothing was connected to the left most power socket.

I just wanted to let people know if they had any intention of watercooling their machine or overclocking it, as the customer support told me that too would void the warranty, then be prepared to also have a costly mistake.

But you didn't answer my question, which is did you fit a water block to the card? Overclocking the card is very difficult to prove unless you are flashing high power bios's to the card to try out. If thats the case of high power bios then its your fault, as for water blocks and fitting always best to check with manufacture of said card first. this is a reason some like gigabyte, asus, supply cards with water blocks fitted.

Associate
Ok thanks as had some weird issues with my msi 3090 gaming x trio I was able to play control and doom with everything turned up for a couple of hours cpu and gpu temps were fine.

I was playing FS 2020 and the system powered off and reboots.

The only difference I can see is that fs2020 cpu load is high the whole time where control cpu usage was only 40%.

Have read the can be some transient load spikes which can trigger the ocp on some power supplies struggle, I contacted seasonic and have rma the power supply and waiting to see what they say.

I was using the seasonic focus gold 850.

Associate
I went for the HX1000. I didn't see any mention of asus power supplies when doing an online search for the problem I had. Was mostly seasonic focus and evga psu's if I remember correctly.

Associate
I went for the oc suggested switch to the asus as I have no idea how king the rma will take, the asus is basically a seasonic prime platinum ultra with an lcd and some extra styling.

hoping it’s not gonna suffer the same fate as I’ll have a long wait for an hx1000

Associate
Ive got an RM850i powering my customer watercooled 3090 system and im only drawing around 350w total system power during warzone. I do have a slight undervolt on the card to keep temps lower.

Back
Top Bottom