Password managers

Soldato
Got the email yesterday as did most people. Signed up for Bitwarden, imported everything from LastPass and had purchased premium within 30mins. Everything just works better than LastPass does. I was just "living with" the LastPass ecosystem "because" so they actually did me a favour haha.

Soldato
Got the email yesterday as did most people. Signed up for Bitwarden, imported everything from LastPass and had purchased premium within 30mins. Everything just works better than LastPass does. I was just "living with" the LastPass ecosystem "because" so they actually did me a favour haha.

It looks like LastPass may have had one advantage over Bitwarden from my very limited experience of it today. There is no Autofill feature in Microsoft Edge and iOS (haven't tested Firefox yet) so you have to choose the credentials you want from the vault manually. Not a biggie but does slow the process down a tad.

Soldato
It looks like LastPass may have had one advantage over Bitwarden from my very limited experience of it today. There is no Autofill feature in Microsoft Edge and iOS (haven't tested Firefox yet) so you have to choose the credentials you want from the vault manually. Not a biggie but does slow the process down a tad.

It does work you just need to enable it.
https://bitwarden.com/help/article/auto-fill-ios/

Associate
so i can still use the free version of last pass on multiple laptops and desktops by the the sound of it ? been using it 3 years have only used the android app once in that time.

Soldato
I just enabled it in the Edge browser extension (Settings - Options - Enable auto-fill on page load) and it works on all the sites I've tried it on so far.

Maybe that's my problem. "Extension Options" is greyed out for me. I'll reboot it later and see if it solves it, because disabling and re-enabling the extension didn't help:

67s87m1.png

Soldato
Hadn't realised Lastpass was going to require payments to use on iphone and ipad as well as computer. Trying out Bitwarden and my only complaint so far is I have a website that I use and I log into that same website with one of 40 usernames/passwords depending on the customer I want. When using last pass when I go to the webpage and the login user box I could quickly type the first couple of letters of the company name and it would find it and allow me to insert those credentials. On Bitwarden this isn't present and I have to go to the actual extension icon to select the username/password I want from the list. Any ideas?

Edit - how last pass looked - suP2Zkjl.png

Back
Top Bottom