GPU Serial numbers

Associate
Hi Folks,

was wondering if you could help with something, I recently upgraded to a 3090 and sold my old 2080 super on ebay, I Only got the card from ocuk 6 or 7 months ago and it was fine when i posted it but the buyer is claiming it is not working, I was wondering if I had my order number would it be possible to find out the serial number of the card i got from you guys?

Just want to make sure im not getting scammed!

Soldato
Order numbers will be linked to serial numbers, ocuk will be smart enough to keep them linked incase someone sends back a dud. As Varkanoid has said, post in CS section and they will help you out.

This is why i don't sell on fleabay with electronics, its full of wetwipes that will do this occasionally and unfortunately they usually side with the buyer!

Associate
Ask them to send photos of the card now, so you can compare them to what you took and what they send back. If you can prove that they've returned a different card than what you sent, it's a police matter regardless of what the bay says.

Last edited:
Associate
Ask flthem to send photos of the card now, so you can compare them to what you took and what they send back. If you can prove that they've returned a different card than what you sent, it's a police matter regardless of what the bay says.

yep, and ask them to include the serial number to ensure it matches your photos.

They don't need to know that you don't know it, but could be enough to call their bluff.

Permabanned
Well I guess in theory if the seller has returned it as non working you can then send it to OCUK under warranty. I am sure they will scream loudly if it is not the right card.

Associate
yep, and ask them to include the serial number to ensure it matches your photos.

They don't need to know that you don't know it, but could be enough to call their bluff.

Yeah also can't hurt to ask for a picture of it installed in the computer and any error mesaages. Again, it won't stop them or sway the bay, but it might make them think again.

Also ask for photos of the packaging and whether it was damaged.

Associate
Sounds most likely that they are trying it on unless it was damaged in transit or they don't actually have a system eg psu, powerful enough to power it. This guy has never pulled a gpu from a system which was working and then not had it work in the next system

https://youtu.be/h8DSiBiREJg?t=377

Soldato
When did you sell the card? If a certain time has lapsed then they cannot be asking you to deal with it.

anyway, for all intent and purposes, be very careful and treat this one as though the buyer is trying to pull a fast one.

I got a feeling that even if you can provide the serial number eBay might side with buyer as you probably didn’t show part of the serial number in your listing

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies folks, yeah, think he's trying to pull a fast one, card is on its way back to me but he put a message in saying he thinks he "found the issue" and sent me a pic of a damaged pcie slot, I sent him back a photo showing the slot was fine before I posted it and it was sent in original box etc so well packaged.

I'll have a look at it when it comes back and I've already advised that the serial numbers had better Match my photos or I'll raise a case with eBay not to issue the refund.

Permabanned
Thanks for the replies folks, yeah, think he's trying to pull a fast one, card is on its way back to me but he put a message in saying he thinks he "found the issue" and sent me a pic of a damaged pcie slot, I sent him back a photo showing the slot was fine before I posted it and it was sent in original box etc so well packaged.

I'll have a look at it when it comes back and I've already advised that the serial numbers had better Match my photos or I'll raise a case with eBay not to issue the refund.

Ebay favour the buyer not the seller. They will most likely issue a refund as soon as his tracking has shown that it has been shipped. I am not sure what happens after that...

Associate
Man, please can u update Your situation. This is unfortunate but very informative Topic for thos forum users.

I hate the fact that I need 1k post to be in market Place but I guess that's irons out the weeds.

Pls keep us posted And sorry for your loss.

Caporegime
Man, please can u update Your situation. This is unfortunate but very informative Topic for thos forum users.

I hate the fact that I need 1k post to be in market Place but I guess that's irons out the weeds.

Pls keep us posted And sorry for your loss.
Dude you could have posted 100 posts a year over what you’ve already done and been in years ago. That’s an extra post every three days. Rookie numbers in this game.

Associate

Not a whole lot you can do tbh. EBay won't side with the seller (ever, in my experience) and your postage insurance won't pay out unless the packaging is damaged. Police won't be interested and it's probably not worth pursuing as a small claim.

You can leave him bad feedback, but I can't imagine that would make much difference if he's willing to pull something like this.

Back
Top Bottom