Official Home Gym Building Thread

Soldato
Go go go!!!!

https://mirafit.co.uk/mirafit-coloured-crumb-rubber-olympic-bumper-plates.html

Just snagged a pair of 10s, 15s and 20s... Not bothering with 25s for now and the 5s are sold out but this will keep me going. I also grabbed 2 pairs of 0.5 and 2 pairs of 1.0 change plates for my dumbells as mentioned above, and a couple of resistance bands for doing assisted dips/pullups with. Quite a haul :D Still no Lat Cable station stock yet though it seems

Too slow! I wanted some 5's for deadlift form practice. Oh well, maybe next time!

Soldato
I keep browsing this thread looking for inspiration and guidance for a new layout.

I have posted what was my current setup but that is now all in parts and boxes as in 2 weeks I move, I'm moving to a larger house with a double garage already fully fitted out with rubber flooring and I have agreed I can utilise the whole thing for my gym with a single caveat that if for any reason a car needs to go into the garage it can be moved around to allow access (basically the only restriction is I cant put my power rack in the middle of the floor)

Ill keep browsing and hope for more pictures as I have no idea how I should lay anything out, but I for someone as fat and unfit as I am I am missing working out to a real routine.

Man of Honour
How good are the adjustable dumbells?

I'm debating buying some weights for basic exercises but i can't see me ever needing over 25kg. Whilst i've benched more in the past, i'm not bothered about huge gains and more just general body maintenance. Looking at buying dumbells between 10kg and 25kg would get pretty expensive, so was considering some of these.

I did consider the ones with spinlock clips, but i don't really want to mess around changing weights, but the idea of doing it at a click would be alright.

I've got powerhouse fitness selectabells. They have changed model now but have had themf or year and a half and they work really well. No issues. It really doesn't take more than a second or two longer to switch them than picking up another pair from a rack. If space is at a premium they are a good shout in my view.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B089S2RLYY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got these delivered yesterday. Been looking at sets for a while, and also keeping an eye on the mirafit cable wall mount lat station stock.

Pleasantly surprised with how sturdy and smooth the motion is.

I've attached it to a ceiling rafter for now. But long term plan is to utilise the pull up bar on my Iron King foldable rack (when it gets delivered). May even get a second set of pulleys off amazon and use the spotting arms to adjust the height and use for some cable flies etc.

Had been looking at picking up all the different bits in B&Q but it was working out more or less the same price.

In addition to the above, I also picked up a weight pin (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08LD8TC5Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). VCan load more weight onto each cable. All seems to work fairly well so far!

Installed this the other day, so far managed to do lat pulldowns and tricep pushdown (got a straight bar made up the boys).

Also did a one arm cable crossover high to low.

Have ordered the weight pin and the ropes for proper tricep work.

What exercises have you managed to do with this

Associate
Installed this the other day, so far managed to do lat pulldowns and tricep pushdown (got a straight bar made up the boys).

Also did a one arm cable crossover high to low.

Have ordered the weight pin and the ropes for proper tricep work.

What exercises have you managed to do with this

As you, also face pulls, straight arm cable push downs.

Am going to pick up some different length cables, pulleys and bolts with eye nuts from B&Q.

I'm thinking, weight on the pin, wire up to the pulley on the pull up bar (at varying heights for different exercises). Cwble will then come diagonally back down to another pulley attached to the leg of my rack with a hex bolt and eye but. Should be able to do curls, rows lateral raises etc then hopefully.

It it works, will duplicate the other side for flies possibly.

Associate
Took delivery of my Iron Kings folding rack this week. Took about two hours to build it and mount it. Very impressed with it so far!

(Crap photo with shadows sorry)

Also had a dip wishbone and the spotter bars delivered from them. :D
34FKTcK

Soldato
Hi, I am in the process of setting up my home gym and am now just looking for around 5mx5m of 20mm rubber flooring! Does anyone have any experience or advice in purchasing these as cheaply as possible in the UK?
I have been looking to get possibly these: https://flooringfitness.com/product/rubber-gym-flooring-20mm/ --> has anyone got anything from here before?
Any help would be great, thanks!

Those look okay but haven't ordered from that particular site. I think quite a few of us on here got 6x4' mats from Arkmat - you could give them a try?

Soldato
Anyone have any thoughts on these?

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/weight-training-dumbbell-kit-10-kg/_/R-p-171338?mc=8491830

I know they're out of stock, but someone on Facebook is selling them at not much above cost price and so as an entry point to see how much i use them it feels abetter option than something like the Mirafit olympic dumbells which are ~£110 for the bars alone.

My only concern is that the weight set says don't load over 7kg/side which doesn't add up to much. However if you look at the bar on it's own it suggeststhe max load is 60kg (which would be way more than i'd need)
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/weight-training-bar-35-cm-28-mm/_/R-p-7260?mc=1041986

Any input would be great.

Back
Top Bottom