**** The Official Huawei P40 pro Thread ****

Associate
Well, after using the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra for about a week and a half it's hard to separate the the camera between it and the P40 Pro, it's a shame I couldn't put them side by side but unfortunately I had to send the P40 Pro back after review. I think the low light pics on the P40 Pro were actually better and regular photos sharper but the night mode slightly better on the Note 20 along with video. Both phones are very fast through the menus and there is absolutely no lag in either phone. Obviously the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra will probably appeal to more customers due to the lack of Google services on the P40 Pro but if you have no need for the S Pen (on the Note) and can live without the Google eco system, then the P40 Pro is definitely a viable choice. The battery life on the P40 Pro was better but then again the screen on the Note 20 Ultra is bigger and runs at 120hz compared to the 90hz on the Huawei device, but the 40w charge on the P40 Pro together with excellent battery life is not to be sniffed at.

For me it's a tough call, I use the S pen a lot and use many of the Samsung features and have been a fan of the Note series since the start, but Samsung are getting pretty tight with accessories and also giving us in Europe the Exynos chipset which is a generation too old. I would not rule out buying a Huawei P40 Pro or even any top end Huawei device for that matter. The up coming Mate 40 Pro is going to be some device and I hope I can get it for review when it arrives. Also I have had the Huawei Mate XS for nearly one month now so a review is coming shortly :)

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

How are people getting on adding google?
Are we using Googlefier now?
I hope to get a P40 Pro - I love my P30 and think Huawei has an amazing battery as well.
As far as I can tell the EMUI is fine to work with googlefier out the box. My chinese pal tells me there is a version for EMUI 11+ but is only in chinese at the moment.

Associate
I just got the P40pro and I'm a bit overwhelmed where to start ,bad bit about being a creature of habit . Where do I start if I want my google apps on my device .

Sean

Soldato
I just got the P40pro and I'm a bit overwhelmed where to start ,bad bit about being a creature of habit . Where do I start if I want my google apps on my device .

Sean

Well honestly if you need the Google apps you bought the wrong phone so if you can send it back I would and just get something thats more suitable.
However if you cannot return it and need G-Apps the place to start is below:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/googlefier-install-gms-on-huawei-honor.4180485/

However its far from seemless and once done there are still issues with Notifications and firmware updates etc and in the end just not worth the hassle given the cost of it.
I had to send my wifes back and replaced it with a Xiaomi handset.

Associate
Well honestly if you need the Google apps you bought the wrong phone so if you can send it back I would and just get something thats more suitable.
However if you cannot return it and need G-Apps the place to start is below:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/googlefier-install-gms-on-huawei-honor.4180485/

However its far from seemless and once done there are still issues with Notifications and firmware updates etc and in the end just not worth the hassle given the cost of it.
I had to send my wifes back and replaced it with a Xiaomi handset.

Solid advice there, get it sent back. I have a P40 currently sat in a box doing nothing, updated to latest EMUI build last week, apps updated and then put back in the box. Looks very pretty, takes superb photos, but not practical in everyday life. Using my Iphone SE instead.

Back
Top Bottom